Bangladeshi Govt bans Modoudi (JI) books

• Bangladesh has been following with action, political event happenings in Pakistan to an extent that a pattern could be observed when comparing the two countries. This cannot be reversed without consequences.

In addition Bangladesh is a declared secular state. They are able to while Pakistan as an Islamic Republic is not in such a position right now. Similar action at this time in Pakistan is beyond the wildest dreams of secular parties like PPP, MQM and ANP who may end up losing popular support while all the gains would be for Religious parties claiming victimization.

• Bangladesh was established on ethnic basis. Their ethincity helped them to become a nation. Their economy is now stronger than ours. Law and order situation is also better in their country. We established our country on the basis of Islamic ideology which is indeed a great ideology. There are no two opinions about that. The problem which really damanged us was that we never followed our ideology. Now we are more proud to be Sindhis, Baluchis, Pathans and Punjabis. This deviation from our ideology has been too damanging to us.

• Salaam. Alhamdullilah this is an excellent step. Maududi was someone who was very misguided, may allah have mercy on him, he believed that the dajjaal was a fairytale and made up by Rasool Allah Sallaho Alayhi Wa Aala Alayhi Wa Sallam. he was refuted by many scholars from the sub continent.

Its a great step indeed.

• @NNL

Are you sure Maududi said this about Dajjal issue?

any reference available?

• It doesn't surprise me if Maudoodi's books get banned in Bangladesh.JI fought along with Pak Army in 1971 war so it is quite natural for Bangladesh to show hatred towards JI and its founder.

I don't think his books were banned because of the contents.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

@NNL: You need to produce evidence of what you 'claim'. I see no such thing from Maulana Maududi.

If anything what Maulana Maududi said would happen inside Pakistan has come true. ALL of it is happening inside Pakistan. Minus a few good things that have become as a result of our struggle.

@wantinsaf: I believe, all of that 1971 stuff about JI is propaganda. Propaganda that hasn't been answered or countered in Pakistan, yet.

Do you understand or can you visualize how bloody it will get in Bangladesh when the will of the people makes them return to being 'Islamic' again ?

• Only ignorant people believe in banning books.

• Guys, I don't' think books have been banned only official patronage has been taken away which is only fair. Everyone should be able to forward their views on the merit of their argument instead of by establishment's support.

Also taking away official patronage from JI in a similar way will not create a reaction as JI hardly gets any votes.

• Al Shams and Al Badar organizations tried to offer toughest possible reistance to the Indian army. However, it was out of the scope of these militant organizations to fight against a mighty army. The sacrifices of the peoples of these organiations can't be ignored.

• @Hussain Farooqui: Actually they did commit atrocities which is hardly sacrifice. Such "sacrifices" caused Bengalis to move further away from us. Read this from Maududi's own son's account;

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8878/b8c9609532.jpg

• Step in the right direction indeed. It will help Bangladesh limit religion based politics. I wish we can do the same in Pakistan. Even though JI gets 1-2% votes but has deep penetration in our media, establishment and academia. As a result of that we have become a jihadi nation. Even 90% of us who try to stay away from militancy are reluctant to condemn these barbarians as JI and other religious parties paint them as holy warriors.

It's interesting JI opposed both Pakistan and Bangladesh but now want to define ideologies of these nations.

• yahaya sb.

There were a lot of Bengalis also among the volunteers of Al Shams and Al Badar. The attrocities were mostly committed by the army. As Gen. Tikka Khan said,"we want land not exactly people. If we get land,we can bring people from anywhere". Gen. Tikka Khan was responsible for mass massacres.

• Hussain Farooqui, history can not change by just you saying so. I have provided one reference above, there are other references too provided by the Bangladeshis.

JI was committed all along in these atrocities but JI guys always try to pass the blame on the dictator alone. JI has supported every dictator since Yahya Khan and taken benefits in return but once the dictator is gone JI guys pretend they had nothing to do with it. Give up on this old trick, been used too often.

@yahya: What you'v put up is interview of Maulana Maududi's son. This stuff has already been rejected as illegitimate/nonsense multiple times. Yet, you still put it up over and over again.

Books have been written by both Bengalis as well as Indians, who took part in that nonsense in 1971. Both Bengalis' and Indians not only exonerate, but also salute what JI did at that time, for the people of Bangladesh.

You MQM propagandists. You never stop your campaigns of mass scale deception. You always put up unconfirmed, cut/paste stuff, quote stuff out of context, use it as a weapon against people's intellect, especially against those who are least aware, who are least interested in investigating matters before accepting your word.

Stop putting up propaganda.

@shirazi: O, I see it now. You want 'secularism'. You subscribe to 'secularism'.

I cannot go into details to show you how 'secularism' has destroyed the world, as well as the billions of people living in it in the last 2-4 centuries. For, I have to 'balance' my life, right now.

You can watch videos I post on the;

Thread: Programs in Western Mass Media of Interest to Muslims

to educate yourself, to make yourself aware of what I'm saying, while I'm busy.

I implore you to re-evaluate your beliefs. 'Secularism' is the belief of Zionists/Unjust Jews i.e., those who follow the Anti-Christ (Dajjal). It is a path of self annihilation for the benefit of the most unjust entity in mankind's history i.e., Anti-Christ (Dajjal).

I implore you to heed my words.

• JI itself does the same cut/paste job every time; support dictator, get benifits, dictator gone, pretend JI was never with dictator.

Next dictator, same again.

@yahya: How the heck does that co-related to cut/paste stuff ?

Did it ever occur to you, did you ever think/realize, it was under dictators, that elections might have been conducted without 'influence' of 'feudal politicians' i.e., relatively fairer elections ?

When one doesn't have any points left to put up, one starts engaging in mud-slinging. In other words, you'r BS!ing again.

• @hariskhan

I hope you know what is secularism? It's not no religion, it's no discrimination on the basis of religion. What's wrong with that?

@shirazi: I understand secularism. I understand its impact on human beings.

Secularism is the path that leads one to 'be' 'loyal' to Anti-Christ (Dajjal).

Islam is the path that leads one to be loyal to ALLAH ALMIGHTY.

I can't go into details right now.

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.