Minister wants Obama to become Ameer-ul-Momineen

• ISLAMABAD – In a development that could be duly termed as one and only of its kind, an incumbent Government’s Minister has urged US President Barrack Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero Mosque and become “Ameer-ul-Momineen” of Muslim Ummah.

Minister of State for Industries and former member Pakistan Ideological Council Ayatullah Durrani called TheNation on Wednesday to register his demand made to President Obama.

“The coming Eid would expectedly be observed on 9/11, this a golden opportunity for President Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero and become Amir-ul-Momineen or Caliph of Muslims. In this way, all the problems of Muslim World would be solved,” he thought.

Durrani argued that Muslim World was in “dire need” of a Caliph and the distinguished slot of Caliphate would earn President Obama the exemplary titles of what he termed, “Mullah Barrack Hussain Obama” or “Allama Obama.” “The time is approaching fast. Barrack Hussain Obama must act now. This is a golden opportunity, Muslims badly need it,” he added, saying that the elevation of President Obama to Muslim’s Caliphate would be the “key to success.”

• That's going to make Obama so happy -- with him trying so hard to dispel the "false and 'Seedy' claim" that he's a Muslim... :)

• How about a swap? Allama Obama becomes head of the Muslim Ummah and Mullah Omar becomes President of US. The interest of justice will then have been fully served.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

LAANAT!! on this guy, as well as his words.

@Mirza Ghalib: uhmm uhmm brother. We don't want to send MULLAH Umar to head a die'ing empire of non-Muslims. That would mean destroying MULLAH Umar's life after all the effort, the struggle that he has done.

• No, you're right, HK. Put like that, we definitely do not want to put our Mullah Omar's life at risk. But I swear he'd make a better US Pres than Obama would ever manage in three lifetime's of presidency.

• Shit heads like Ayatullah Durrani can only issue statements that create chaos hurting public sentiments. Public should keep this in mind and act on such low life pseudo politicians by rounding them up for chitrol in public.

• I think people like Durrani has forgotten Baqwas of Obama about our holdy places that made him so popular in the begining of his presidential campaign.

• I wonder, if this statement was an attempt to ridicule Obama or the Muslims... Anyway, what was this durrani thinking, he probably had some vodka with khajoors in iftari, before opening his S-hole to speak...

And what's interesting is:

Ayatullah Durrani "called" TheNation on Wednesday to register his demand made to President Obama.

• Besides the debate going on the issue, I think we must mind the fact that the title 'Amir Ul Momineen' was meant for the great caliphs like Kulfae Rashideen. These days, this terminology is often used negatively to reflect a negative personality. We Muslims must avoid using this terminology in negative sense.

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.