From Burqa to Halal Burgers.... What Next?

• http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/sep2010-daily/04-09-2010/updates/9-4-2010_44522_1.gif

http://www.news24.com/World/News/French-uproar-over-halal-burgers-20100902

So what will be their next target? To ban Islam as a religion?

I really want to know the views of those who were Pro in banning head scarf though the Christian nuns were and are using them since donkey's years and they are still not banned.

Kosher restaurants have existed in France for a long time without attracting this sort of controversy either but this time it's the halal food restaurants which have been targeted by these RACIST and SO CALLED Secular elements.... Is this the NEW norm of this world to push people against a wall and if they react then DRONE them?

• KHAN_Sahib, of course it is. The ban on Islam as a religion in the West. Hadn't you noticed the trend so far? Article upon article in the European press keep dealing with that very subject. Mention was made of this on earlier threads as well. No one paid much attention then. An attempt will certainly be made in that direction before much longer. How successful they'll manage to be, I can't at all tell. But that's definitely the way we're going. Ban Islam is the next step that will be taken in the indirect Muslim Wars.

• Muslims in western countries (except in UK )failed to build any political force or vote bank over the years, they should focus on uniting a using vote power to avoid such situation

• @MG & Khan_Sahib

There is a huge difference in tolerance level of our society and west. When I go to Friday prayers here in west I feel safer than my recent trip in Pakistan. We have seen what happened with Ahmedeya and now Shia community. Look at Saudi Arab and Iran how much religious tolerance do they show? I am surprised you see article after article in western press but not suicide attacks by muslims against fellow muslims. The religious tolerance globally has gone down exponentially recently but more so in east than west.

• shirazi sahib, I and others of my way of thinking have tried to point this out in the past, but it has failed to make any impression on anyone. Your praise for west tolerance makes mock of the sufferings that have been inflicted on the Muslim world for the soon-to-be past ten years. Among the many, many countries so afflicted, Pakistan has been present since Oct 7, 2001 when bombs exploded over Afghanistan.

If these wars had not been forced upon us by people I need not mention, Pakistan today would have been quite a different place. I'm not going to quarrel with anyone about tolerance levels east and west. I just think it's unbelievably sad that our Pakistanis abroad always side with their new "home" in these wars and have no time to spare for what all this warmongering on the part of their new "compatriots" has done to Pakistan and other Muslim countries round the world.

• MG: AAP kee himmat hay bhai..... I gave up on " Educating" idiots !!! (not pointing to any of the bloggers till now on this thread... just a general impression) Even people who favor west know the REAL west but they are happy to ignore Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Serbia, Bosnia, Chechenia, Kashmir, Pakistan.... They are happy until they can can live in west, earn $$$ , enjoy health,education benefit ... They don't give a toss about sufferings of people from all these countries, being imposed by the west but are too eager (shah say zayada, shah kay wafadar) to point out any injustice happenings in these country....

God! ..... I did say that i "gave up" Kharab addat hay... mushkil say hee jayee ghee

• @expakistani

In USA we have one Senator name Keith Ellison and i have also heard of Pakistani American name Saqib Ali(Democrats) and Saghir tahir(Republican) another Pakistani American...In Norway Pakistani Community especially are also involved in Politics for Both Left and Right and in Canada Muslims are also Mobilize in Politics in Belgium I heard about muslim member in their Left wing Liberal Politics as well so I will differ you about Muslim community developing their Political influence but yes they havent able to Influence with Full potential that is another case...

• Mirza Ghalib said "shirazi sahib, I and others of my way of thinking have tried to point this out in the past, but it has failed to make any impression on anyone. Your praise for west tolerance makes mock of the sufferings that have been inflicted on the Muslim world for the soon-to-be past ten years. Among the many, many countries so afflicted, Pakistan has been present since Oct 7, 2001 when bombs exploded over Afghanistan.

If these wars had not been forced upon us by people I need not mention, Pakistan today would have been quite a different place. I'm not going to quarrel with anyone about tolerance levels east and west. I just think it's unbelievably sad that our Pakistanis abroad always side with their new "home" in these wars and have no time to spare for what all this warmongering on the part of their new "compatriots" has done to Pakistan and other Muslim countries round the world. "

Well said. Just make a corection please. "some" pakistanis abroad do that, not all. :)

• salaudin, I greet your understanding with a 24-gun salute and most willingly make the correction you asked for. I'll bear it in mind for any future comments of this kind. More like you and we might even begin to make a difference.

• KHAN_Sahib, You mustn't do that to us, please. Give up on us, I mean, however idiotic all of us might sound here and there, however impervious to learning we might appear to be on many occasions. I swear people do learn - but it's a very slow process. And in any case, Pakistan is in too bad a state for any patriot like yourself (and senior PPK member on top of it all) to think of leaving us to our own devices. I miss you when you're not here, I really do. And I hope and pray we'll see you back among us as in the past, urging us on to greater levels of thought and action. Thank you in advance for everything you'll carry on bringing to us.

• Akhair yeh west aur yeh Amerka Islam se kion darta hay itna ?

yani Islam aik taqatwar cheez hay .

jis se Amerika super power hokay bhi darta hay .

aur humko iss power ka andaaza hi nahi afsos .

• choosy, now that was a perfect comment, in that inimitable choosy style. I can't find words enough to say how much I appreciate it. Thanks.

• @Mirza Ghalib ,

and i dont have to words to say thanks to u ...

he he he

u always appreciate my stupid and immature posts .

i am mentally immature for some members here .

but u always appreciates me ...

and i owe u a huge thanks for this...:):):)

• Come on, choosy, you know fully well I'm not the only one who appreciates you here. Others do as well. I remember Salam Sahib not so long ago acknowledging the elegance of expression with which you'd turned a comment. And I haven't heard anyone scream at you in a long time. Anyway I'm glad we're both on the same blog.

• @Mirza Ghalib ,

thanks a lot again .

but you know ,some members use to hate me coz of my non sense comments .:(

anyways ; thanks a lot ...:):):)

• That was then and now is now. Take care, dear choosy.