Music

• I dont think that Music is 'haram' in Islam. But everyone can see that this is the easiest way to spread 'fahashi' (and all its childern etc).

Words that feels shameful without music, everyone use to sing them when added music.

Music videos gives a good start to what feels shameful to do on screen.

To introduce a new short dress and then make it a fashion slowly still using screen, music (infact songs) is the gateway.

• Prophet (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said,

Music makes hypocrisy grow in the heart just as water makes grass grow.[Bayhaqi]

Life Co2

U have proved ur self to be real hypocrite, The Hadith is perfect on Ur Heart, which is filled with Hypocrisy against the Laws of Islam and u agree with the views of

hypocr!te writers

So i advise u to stop listing music in the holly month of Ramzan.

Respect the Ramzan if u want to be succefull in the day after

آزادي افکار سے ہے ان کي تباہي

رکھتے نہيں جو فکر و تدبر کا سليقہ

ہو فکر اگر خام تو آزادي افکار

انسان کو حيوان بنانے کا طريقہ

• @SS @raheb

Can you people complete your answers/discussion without "U have proved ur self to be real hypocrite,...." and "as you have come out from Patari)that you are a Mullah...."

آزادي افکار سے ہے ان کي تباہي

رکھتے نہيں جو فکر و تدبر کا سليقہ

ہو فکر اگر خام تو آزادي افکار

انسان کو حيوان بنانے کا طريقہ

I still dont know what not to think, what not to ask, what not to question, http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/islam-forbids-thinking-and-questioning is not answered. You people here feel very easy to use terms like above for each other frequently without giving answer. If you think a question is useless why you even bother answering it.

• MUSIC is NOT Haram at all. Come to Quran. The presented hadith is FALSE, Prophet never said such things. In facy even western people say that most of the fantastic musical instruments were made by Muslims and even basic of music was also Islamic. But some idiots created a false hadith about music. So People, Listen music as it gives a lot and play a very important role in our everyday life.

Quran declared only few things haram, after that declaring things haram is in fact HARAM. You soldier talk HARAM.

raheb

• life and Raheb

i have presented the reason in that thread why u are u r following conjecture because still u believe Jesus (PBUH) is dead. If u believe Jesus as dead than surely u are rejecting the statement of Quran. If u don't believe in the statements of Quran than u are rejecting Faith.

Statement of Quran Rejected by (All Qadianis), LIFE h20 and Mr Raheb

156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise. And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them."

and If u reject faith Quran clearly tells

[005:005}if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

Correct ur faith so ur good work will benefit in the real world

MUSIC is NOT Haram at all. Come to Quran.

1) Music is clearly haram by the Qur’an, Sunnah and consensus of the early Muslim scholars:

a) Qur’an

“Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you saamidoon? Rather, prostrate before Allah and worship Him [alone].” Al-Najm (59-62)

Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the word ’saamidoon’ in this verse is talking about the mushrikin who would sing and play music loudly whenever they heard the recitation of the Qur’an so they could drown out the sound so others would not hear verses of the Qur’an.

“And there are among men those who purchase idle talk in order to mislead others from Allah’s path without knowledge, and who throw ridicule upon it. For such there will be a humiliating punishment.” Luqman (6)

Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the phrase “Lahw al-hadith” as “Huwa al-ginaa wa ashbahuhu” (it is music and the like). Hasan Basri rahimahullah, who died in 110AH, said that this ayah was revealed about music and the flute. In fact, the great scholar Mak-hul said, “Because of this ayah, I will not read the Salah al-Janazah over the one who buys a singing girl to sing and amuse him and continues this till he dies.”

b) Sunnah

The Prophet sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:

“There will come a people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful zina (fornication and adultery), the wearing of silk (for men), the drinking of win and the use of musical instruments. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say : ‘Come back to us tomorrow’. Then Allah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in this state until the Day of Resurrection.” [Bukhari]

(and Life and Raheb u are the same people making the music lawful)

2) If people claim there is a difference of opinion regarding this issue, then it is clear that the difference was not from the early Muslim scholars, but it was rather from those from this ummah, as the Prophet sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said, “who would seek to make lawful”, among other things, musical instruments.

3) Regarding those who play music loudly and broadcast it to others, they are acquiring extra sin: firstly for listening to it, and secondly for making / encouraging others to listen to it.

1. Regarding eating in a restaurant that has music or hearing music without choice, see this full article( by Shaykh Munajjid:

Question :

I have previously stopped listening to music, by me not putting it on, but I hear it at school and other places, where I try not to enjoy it but sometimes I do?

Would that count as listening, and would I be accounted for it or not?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

There is a difference between the one who listens to music and the one who hears it. The one who listens to songs hears them deliberately, wants to hear them and enjoys that, whereas the one who only hears the sound that reaches him, without wanting or intending to do so, such as when riding in an airplane or a bus in which there is music, or who goes to the marketplace and hears that from some stores without wanting or intending to listen to it. There is a difference between the latter and the one who sits down to listen to and enjoy this haraam thing.

Hence Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: The command and the prohibition have to do with listening. Merely hearing something is like seeing; it has to do with the intention behind seeing, not what happens without a person choosing it…. The same applies to committing sin through the five senses of hearing, sight, smell, taste and touch; the commands and prohibitions are connected to what a person intends and does, but whatever happens without him choosing it, there is no command or prohibition with regard to that.

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, part 5, p. 566)

One has to denounce that evil as much as possible, but if he cannot do that, then he should denounce it in his heart. One of the things implied by denouncing it in one’s heart is not remaining in a gathering or a place where that evil is happening, if one is able to leave.

With regard to listening to it, one must strive against that as much as possible and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, and remember Allaah. Then Allaah will take that away from you. If that makes your heart attracted to it, then you should keep away from those parts of the school. If it will not cause you a lot of trouble to miss some of those classes in which these things happen then you should not attend them. You have to remember that Allaah is always watching and fear Him, for whoever fears Allaah, Allaah will give him a way out. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty)”

[al-Talaaq 65:2]

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ZbEEq3ohE</youtube>

• @SS you again started discussing Jesus, does it mean that only the question about Jesus is forbidden?

The Verses you have given does not prove that music is Haram. Also can you please elaborate what type of music is Haram and why? And what type of sounds can be termed as music?

• The Verses you have given does not prove that music is Haram. Also can you please elaborate what type of music is Haram and why? And what type of sounds can be termed as music?

Ok LIFE H2o Suppose it doesn't prove that Music is Haram

Why u are trying to make music Lawful because u listen. And that's why u r defending it. It is the same case as a person who drinks Alcohol try to make it Lawful.

Do u think think that Music will bring peace in ur mind.

the only thing which bring peace in heart is remembrance of Allah not the Music and Music distract people from the way of Allah.

PLease give me simple reason. What are Merits of Music.

What u have learn from Music. Why should i listen Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOf602_EsJo&feature=related</youtube>

• @SS There is a problem i witness in all posts, whenever someone (me, raheb, hqbajwa etc) ask some logical questions from you to prove you totally ignore them and then ask your own next questions.

I can not answer until you answer.

To gain points for asking more questions (:-] this is not yahoo answers i know) you must first answer those questions above.

Anyway, in short just like you told about poetry, if music is good (mostly it is) it is the peace of mind otherwise it is not. There is no comparison with Alcohol (normal music has not those health effects). NOTE i am talking about music, NOT the poetry that is added to that music. Poetry in todays music is mostly vulgar.

• what type of music is Haram and why? And what type of sounds can be termed as music?

Life h2o u need a answer, The answer is that Why u are acting as the People of Moses who were asked to sacrify a cow and they start debating with Allah. What is color of Cow, what is size of Cow.

I know u will never ever accept that Music is Haram and u will try ur best to prove me wrong.

Today even a kid of Ten year know what is music, what are songs. So what u don't Know

• @SS well yes, my question do seem like that at first sight and after posting those questions i really thought about people of Moses :) but they are not actually.

Read answer above completely and see the video below.

I am asking for music because taping on table or chair is music? people creating sounds from mouth in synchronization is music?

Dont you think that there is a difference between music and songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbiB0QfU3s

• I think, Just like poetry the songs with bad words or misleading poetry are bad. I don't find anything bad in music for anyone. Anyone can listen music without any harm on soul or on health.

You have given example of Alcohol, everyone knows how bad and dangerous it is. Can you give example of bad effects of music.

• Life H2O Alcohol is bad and dangerous but if u ask this to an alcohol drinker he will not agree with u. Same is the case of Music is bad of Spiritual (Rohaniat). Music is like a drug, Once u fell in the trap of this drag u will never ever get out of Here. See the video end of Music

• Sodier you continue to shout your own songs and do not consider one single question of anyone, and that mean a total JAMOOD- means you already know every TRUTH and anyone who differ from your truth is WRONG or out os Islam,,,,, is there any better STUPIDITY than this???????

You use the word 'Rohaniat'!!!!! Can you tell me where this word in Quran is written????? Be sure, you will NOT find it, as The proper word Quran used is 'Rabbaniet' which is totally different than Rohaniat. Your religion- which is not Islam in my sense, is also a DRUG and you are Addicted of it, so you cannot leave it and you have to stick with it, even you know you do not answear and know about it. Your religion is a OPIUM for you, and that is NOT Islam.

raheb

• @SS

Don't ignore questions please, you have made it a habit here. When you ask a question one must give you answer otherwise you win. Why you are ignoring questions.

"I am asking for music because taping on table or chair is music? people creating sounds from mouth in synchronization is music?

Dont you think that there is a difference between music and songs?"

"Can you give example of bad effects of music."

Life H2O Alcohol is bad and dangerous but if u ask this to an alcohol drinker he will not agree with u. Same is the case of Music is bad of Spiritual (Rohaniat).

Again bad comparison, Whole world knows the bad effects of Alcohol. But only you know the bad effects of music (are you sure you know the difference of music and song and poetry?)

• LifeH2O! I appreciate your consistent struggle to let some like SS have a second thought, BUT it seems all is in vain and I think it becomes a wastage of time to argu with STONES like SS. Now you must understand that behind SS sitting is a ALREADY formed Mulla who DO NOT have any opening for another thinking then what he has heard and read. He is a CHILD as for as his arguments and way of it disclose. So it is better to let him as he is.

ONLY STONES Cannot Change themselves- Iqbal

raheb

• raheb and life h2o

Ur love for music is strange. Infact u are making the music lawful for ur own desires, Infact music take away from the way of Allah.

Again bad comparison, Whole world knows the bad effects of Alcohol. But only you know the bad effects of music (are you sure you know the difference of music and song and poetry?)

The whole worlds know that music is also had bad effects on health but who one cares. Every one is listening music.

• SS

You are a dogma-ridden idiot who fails in his duty as a human by unquestioningly accepting as the gospel truth the utterings of other equally fallible "scholars" instead of forming your OWN opinions..

You keep saying the music is haraam but as Raheb and Life have pointed out, not a single verse of the Quran supports such a nonsense assertion. Again it is idiot "scholars" living centuries after the Prophet (pbuh) who have forcibly integrated this hatred of music in Islamic dogma.

Music is another gift from God and in the language of music he is praised by those who possess this gift.

it is only those with a dirty mentality and complete lack of faith is humans that assume that music is a "distraction" or haraam. You instantly assume (without knowing the first thing about music) that it leads to "bad practices". Some of the greatest and most inspirational songs ever compiled are those that praise Allah. I would consider a heartfelt song a greater prayer to allah than the hateful, bigoted and unthinking aping of irrelevant ritual that you call "prayer".

• hqbajwa

I know it's hurt the feeling when someone speak against ur desires. U listen music. Good than listen music. Look at the world what the music lover are doing in Strip Clubs, Look in the world what the music lover behind the concert of music are doing. Music lead to evil, and everything which lead to evil is forbidden in Islam. Look at the Indian and Pakistan films, this is clear distraction from the way of Allah

• SS

OMFG... how blind can you be?? Music inevitably leads to "bad things"??

Only a dirty mind equates music with strip clubs and only an idiot makes stupid statements condemning something that he very very clearly does not understand.

Anyhow here's a teeny tiny little challenge/question

Instead of overloading your post with totally irrelevant dribble uttered by some idiot mullah of yesteryear, how about you support you ignorant condemnation with a Quranic ayah.

Forget the hadith and forget the idiotic interpretations of other mullahs. Just give me the ayah that unequivocally states that music is forbidden.

You think maybe you can try responding without wasting a whole of space and time with unintelligent dogmatic statements?

• Haqbajwa

There is no direct verse in the Quran which speak about Music, but see the video of Zakir Naik

What are the merits of Music, Can u enlist them for me.