4 Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at activists killed in last 4 days

• 4 Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at activists including their spokesman killed in last 4 days here in Karachi..

Violence erupts in Lines Area after killing of activist

KARACHI: An office-bearer of the Ahl-i-Sunaat Wal Jamaat was shot dead by unknown assailants in the Lines Area on Monday morning, igniting violence in the area.

Police said Chaudhry Ghayasuddin, 35, head of the Lines Area unit of the ASWJ, formerly known as the Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan, a proscribed outfit, was shot dead near the Lines Area Telephone Exchange. Two suspects riding a motorcycle sprayed him with bullets when Ghayasuddin was sitting near the telephone exchange with some friends, police said.

After dropping his children at a school, Ghayasuddin was returning home in the Lines Area when he saw some friends, pulled over and began chatting with them. They sat near the Lines Area Telephone Exchange where the two assailants came and targeted Ghayasuddin, SSP Amir Farooqui of Jamshed Town told Dawn.

The victim suffered three gunshots in the face and died on the spot. Police later found the spent bullet casings of 9mm pistol from the crime-scene. Following the incident, violence broke out in the area as enraged people hurled stones at passing vehicles on Preedy Street.

Traffic was also disrupted on M.A. Jinnah Road where protesters pelted passing vehicles with stones. The police, however, rushed to the scene and controlled the situation.

A police mobile was also pelted with stones when a police party tried to reach the crime-scene.

Protesters erected barricades on the Preedy Street and set tyres on fire. Traffic on the street remained suspended around afternoon.

The funeral prayer of the victim was held on Preedy Street after Zuhar prayers. A large number of people attended the prayer. He was buried in the Model Colony graveyard.

At around 2pm, following the funeral prayer, Preedy Street was cleared for traffic.

A duty officer at the Brigade police station said the police were waiting for the family and friends of the deceased to come and lodge an FIR.

A spokesman for the ASWJ said the dead had four children and the incident occurred when he was returning home after dropping the children at school. He owned a laundry shop in Defence Housing Authority.

On Sunday night, a former activist of the ASWJ was killed by unknown persons in a similar manner in Shah Faisal Colony.

The incident had occurred near Chishtia Masjid. After the incident, the SP of Shah Faisal Colony, Tanveer Odho, had told Dawn that political or religious affiliation of the victim was not immediately clear.

However, on Monday, the spokesman for the ASWJ told Dawn that Mohammad Rehan, 30, was indeed a party member but at present was not active. “After staying in the United Kingdom for six years, he had returned to Pakistan and only three months back he got married,” the spokesman added.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/local/violence-erupts-in-lines-area-after-killing-of-activist-790

Another ASWJ activist shot dead in Karachi

An office-bearer of the Ahl-i-Sunaat Wal Jamaat was shot dead by armed men in Mehmoodabad on Tuesday — the third such incident in which as many activists were targeted since Sunday, police and party sources said.

The area police said that Mushtaq Aziz alias Lala was the in head of the Mehmoodabad-Manzoor Colony unit in the party’s organisational structure. He was formerly associated with the banned Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan.

Baloch Colony SHO Sub-Inspector Mir Samad told Dawn that the victim was sitting at his marble shop —Aziz Marble & Chemicals — in Mehmoodabad when two men on as many motorbikes emerged and one of them entered the shop, pulled out a pistol and fired multiple shots before leaving the pleace.

The 34-year-old activist sustained four bullet wounds in the head and upper torso. He was shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for treatment. “He was operated upon twice but he died,” said an official at the medico-legal section of the health facility.

He was father of six children and lived in Mehmoodabad.

Mushtaq is the third Ahl-i-Sunaat Wal Jamaat activist who was killed in the renewed incidents of targeted killings since Sunday. A young member of the party was gunned down in Shah Faisal Colony on Sunday while an area leader of the party in Lines Area was targeted in a similar fashion on Monday.

“This year alone we have lost more than 40 members and unfortunately not a single killer was arrested,” said Ahsan Farooqi of the Ahl-i-Sunaat Wal Jamaat. “Those who were targeted included our senior party members and religious scholars. The police and other law-enforcement agencies in fact have failed to establish their writ that put serious doubts on their performance.”

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/local/another-aswj-activist-shot-dead-890

Spokesman of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at killed in Karachi

Unknown assailants on Wednesday gunned down Ahsan ullah Farooqi, the spokesman of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jama'at, and severely injured his companion Naeem in Karachi.

According to sources, Farooqi was returning after a press conference on target killings in Mehmoodabad when unknown gunmen attacked him in the area of Gurumandir.

Farooqi and Naeem were later shifted to Civil Hospital where Farooqi succumbed to his injuries.

Naeem was admitted in the hospital where his situation was stated as critical.—DawnNews

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/pakistan/metropolitan/12spokesman+of+ahle+sunnat+wal+jamaat+killed+in+karachi--bi-05

• no matter who did those bombings but now its time for people of koofa to take revenge... phir in kai saath kuch hoga tau matam shoro aur kahania gharna shoro

• 4 people versus 150 now thats really unfair, and Yes I do agree that people of Kufa can exist in any community. Here is the question though why was it that only people of kufa offered to help Imam Hussein and not all other muslims.

Secondly, what are the stated objectives and modus oprendai of SSP, Why are they organised as a group and how do they operate on their objectives? I mean I know everybody says that the fanatical muslims are only a fringe group agreed. But arent these the fanatical fringe? i.e. the SSP.

• One more things when Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Taliban take responsibility themselves, even show videos, its is still bombing by someone else...but when 4 activists of SSP get killed it has to be by shias.

All the people of kufa nonsense has to come out, from people who say slap one cheek put the other forward.

• Misuse of religion is at its peak and sectarian violence will only spread after such target killing incidents. SSP is a banned outfit and are responsible for killing of hundreds of Shia people in the past.

May God guide us a true path free of sectarianism and help get rid of all banned terrorist groups like SSP/Lashkars

• SSP is intensely anti-shia organization and considers them kaffirs.

They have been involved in target killings of shias in pakistan and it seems that its pay back time for them.

• @asif86

Yar one of my lecturer cousins with a Ph.D degree is also anti-shia and demands shias to be excluded from Islam like Qadianis. Sectarianism is a crime against our religion and some people promote this crime day in day out.