What you see is what you get - Wysiwyg editor

• administrators

All,

I have added a Wysiwyg editor to fulfill a popular request. Other than block quote all previously (manually) supported functions are available in this visual editor. This feature does not let you re-edit properly. You may have to clean up a little if you are re-editing a post. It will take several weeks to tweak this feature. I will disable it if there are too many problems. Let me know.

Admin

• <s>great work</s>

<div><u>great work</u></div>

<div>great work</div>

<div>great <sup>work</sup></div>

<div>great<sub>work</sub></div>

• <cite>Thanks!</cite>

Testing  inserting a large image to see if it is resized

<cite>Header 1</cite>

<cite>Header 2</cite>

<cite>Unable to undo some of the formatting (e.g. I cannot remove the italics formatting once selected)

<div align=""left""><cite>GGSGSGS<sup>G</sup><sub>S</sub></cite>
    </div>

</cite>

• ^^^Seems the larger image got lost... Unordered list:

• List item 1

• List item 2

• List item 3

Ordered list:

1. List item 1

2. List item 2

3. List item 3

Trying paragraph formatting:

<div>Discrimination against Roma communities in Europe has a long and bitter history. The repression came to a climax in the 1930-40s when they were targeted by fascist regimes in both Romania and Italy. In areas controlled by the German Nazis several hundred thousand Roma were rounded up and brought to concentration camps or executed directly. This genocide was not even an issue at the Nuremberg trial and the little compensation to the survivors or to the victims’ family members came late, if at all,” he said in a statement last week.</div>

<div>Discrimination against Roma communities in Europe has a long and bitter history. The repression came to a climax in the 1930-40s when they were targeted by fascist regimes in both Romania and Italy. In areas controlled by the German Nazis several hundred thousand Roma were rounded up and brought to concentration camps or executed directly. This genocide was not even an issue at the Nuremberg trial and the little compensation to the survivors or to the victims’ family members came late, if at all,” he said in a statement last week.</div>

Discrimination against Roma communities in Europe has a long and bitter history. The repression came to a climax in the 1930-40s when they were targeted by fascist regimes in both Romania and Italy. In areas controlled by the German Nazis several hundred thousand Roma were rounded up and brought to concentration camps or executed directly. This genocide was not even an issue at the Nuremberg trial and the little compensation to the survivors or to the victims’ family members came late, if at all,” he said in a statement last week.<span></span>(source) Another image test: (this one with no funny characters in the url)

added by admin

• Another image test (this time an image with width less than 500)

• Appears the the para formatting and img are working only in the editor.... ______________________________________________________

I am working on it. Thanks - Admin It seems that an existing bug does not let you paste a picture. You might recall, in that past, if you re-edit an image link. The tool reinsert extra quotes "". Unless you clean up """, the image dispears. I think the same problem is inhibiting wysiwyg to post a pic. You can still paste an image the old way. Let me know if you find a solution from bbpress. http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/allow-images/

• Thanks!
    Trying to post an image the old fashioned way below:

• This post is deleted!

• It would be better if you have added only the old markup buttons in this toolbar. They were simpler.

Editing a quoted post removes its formatting. In opera i am unable to paste the text in this box with right click, although i can paste using ctrl+v

• <div class=""post"">

Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

I like the old normal text editor. It was 'simple'. I don't need 'bloated' stuff. I like to live 'simple'.

@Admin: You can 'experiment' with the 'rich text

editor' on a local computer. And when it is 'perfected', when it is

'flawless', then you can upgrade the PKPolitics live website code.

How's that ?

Please save me! from this 'bloated' monster of a 'flawed' 'rich text editor'.

</div>

• Editing a post removes its formatting

when a post is quoted, the text added appears as quote.

Here is a suggesstion, instead of changing the whole box and adding a toolbar like this. just make the line "Allowed markup: a <u>blockquote</u> <u>code</u> <u>em</u> <u>strong</u> <u>ul</u> <u>ol</u> <u>li</u> <u>img</u> <u>b</u>" as links, so that when user click on blockquote a template of blockquote is added to cursor, when user selects text and click blockquote, blockquote surround selected text.. so on. it may be easier and less buggy

• I'd agree, get rid of this 'wysiwyg' monster!

• Yaar admin bhai... how about spelling checker?

Kab tak hum ko es sharmindigi se guzarna parey ga?

But thanks....

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

I am having problems in posting videos on the thread "Programs in Western Mass Media of Interest to Muslims"

I need that this new rich text editor be removed. It is not accepting, not saving the text that I'm putting in the rich text editor. It is 'partially' saving the videos that I'm posting, while willfully throwing away parts of the text.

Please help me.

• I liked the new editor. I dont format too much the text that I type for posts. So it is FINE?

Can you add <u>color</u> option for text as well?

@Admin/Moderators: This forum has remained 'consistent' because there  was not much formatting capabilities.

When you add different formatting options, you will allow for this forum will to be turned into a zoo of different formats of text. It would loose its 'credibility' to be 'constructive'.

We on this forum are here to discuss 'critical' 'issues', which concern our entire collective. Formating is the least of our 'needs' or 'concerns' on this forum.

I urge you to remove the rich text editor, to restore the simple text editor.

P.S. This is a forum for 'political' discussions, that means 'serious' discussions.

• I agree with Hariskhan. A complicated editor like the present one distracts our attention from what we are actually trying to say. And, God knows, it's difficult enough as it is to formulate our thoughts. If we have to format them as well, it almost seems to become a task impossible.

• @Haris Khan

You will get used to it ... like the democracy. Give it a chance .. like the democracy.

Reverting the change option is always on the table i.e.  both the old editor or martial law can be restored, anytime.

• Editor is not complicated. Lets bear with the team that is working to remove this bug that makes quotes visible in a post.
    In the mean time typing comments using 'notepad' (MS Office) and then pasting them here (quotes will be removed and wont show) is an option.

@barackosama: Wrong analogy. There's no difference in the two. In both cases, criminals get to rule over our nation.