Altaf Hussain might not be that wrong

• <span>**Altaf

Hussain has called the patriotic Generals to come forward and eradicate

corruption.  He later directed that the

people who were made homeless or who lost their agriculture lands or crops due

to breaching of the protective bunds by the Fuddles to save their own Havlies, Farms

and lands, to capture the lands and houses of such Fuddles.  <o:p></o:p>**</span>

<span><o:p></o:p></span>

<span>**A

lot criticism has appeared that Altaf Hussain was calling Martial Law, who are

"patriotic General",  Altaf

Hussain himself is part of the same corrupt government, what he did to get rid

of Feudal when he remained 10 years part of Musharraf etc.  I am a common man. I am not aware of what is "practical"

difference between Martial Law and the Democracy despite having seen both.  I was of a few months when Pakistan was

born.  My late mother told me that she

walked miles hungry miles bear foot crossing bloodshed she reached Lahore in a

refugee camp.  Now I am a senior citizen.

During my life I saw four martial laws

and democracies. My experience as a commoner is that it makes no difference for

the people like me if a General rules or Nawaz Sharif or for that matter a Bhutto.  Fate for us is the same;  to concentrate on our daily livelihood, in

the evening to listen the Karachi soon to become another Singapore, while every

year my salary to increase Rs. 50 or Rs 150/- immediately cost of living

increasing from Rs. 300 to Rs. 500,  tax

on petrol/kerosene oil which is never to affect the common man,  my kitchen day by day becoming thin etc.  However what I know as being a live member of

this society is that the creation of PPP and later the MQM a sort of PPP

extension (in relation to bhutta, distortion, recruitments etc) was in fact was

the "punishment" from God for our individual and collective sins.  I never like Altaf Hussain knowing well how

from lower middle class my family has come to poor class and yet we have to

dispense off  "bhatas" in

different forms to Altaf's activists.  For

example on Eids despite not willing I will have to pay "Fitrana" to

MQM workers when a knock will come on my door .which later being an ordinary

faithful I will re-pay again to my satisfaction to some deserving.<o:p></o:p>**</span>

<span>**However

it is the first time to a good extent I agree with Altaf Hussain calling

patriotic generals to clean the corruption.

His choice of words for the purpose may be another matter.  This is the firm belief of this senior

citizen based on his whole life spent in Pakistan and having no bank account or

house abroad and more being a commoner that it is the Generals who can to a

good extent provide justice to the common man rather than our minister, MNAs,

bureaucrats.  I have spent one third of

my life near a Cantonment.  In my

childhood I saw that the army people were very innocent, kind heated, simple

and helping hand towards suffering people. There was a time it was a big

blessing if an army man was your neighbour or living in your street as it was a

sure sign of protection of your family from street loofers. Today however I

wish God  no army personnel becomes my

neighbour knowing well how it will be a 24 hour harassment for me, my family

through the hands of children of such an army man. Perhaps I may not explain it

properly but example of Presidential Brig. Taj is one to remember what happened

to his family.<o:p></o:p>**</span>

<span>**However

during the three Martial Laws what I saw is that these so called political

activists trusted more on martial law authorities for their personal grievances

needing justice rather than on their own so called democrats. In the 1968, 1972

and in 1977 Martial Laws I found it very interesting that those who yesterday

afternoon participated in protest march raising loud slogans seeking so called

democracy, the next morning in the office requested me to type their

applications complaining against a builder who had received full money but not was

delivering the flat, against one who had encroached upon on their lands,

against KDA which was not issuing allotment letters etc.  In my Office during 1972-75 as is always a

usual since 1968 the time of birth of PPP, there were many PPP stalwarts (3

colour party identity card holders) who sat in office more than like SHOs.  They occasionally for a while came to office,

as one can see today any time during work hours 70% seats deserted in KDA.  But whenever they came they wanted

applications to be typed addressed to martial law authorities.  The reason behind this as I observed was that

the military officials working in civil, as far as the common man was

concerned, had always been kind, judicious and strict in discipline.  I read in an autobiography of a bureaucrat

that during the martial law he was attached as secretary/staff officer to

Karachi martial law administrator. The small length road from lucky star

(Saddar Karachi) to Napier Barracks had always been neglected and broken as I

myself in my youth saw it. During the 70s martial law one day the Karachi

Martial Law Administrator passed through this road. When his car jumped twice

he murmured what was this bloody road.

The secretary listening this next day telephoned some KDA senior about

it who stated that the road was within the jurisdiction of Cantonment

Board.  When the Secretary phoned them he

was apprised that the road belong to the KDA. The Secretary, at his own, asked

both the persons attending the phones at KDA and Cantonment Board that they

both should come personally next morning 09.00 am and explained themselves to

the Administrator on whose jurisdiction the road was.  The autobiography records that the next day

morning saw the road having fully been carpeted during the previous night.  Who did it, KDA or Cantonment Board, the book

did not reveal.  Being an ordinary soul

having seen the affairs I feel if in the mind of Altaf Hussain really is the

speedy gradual deterioration of services, law and order, economic lootings,

appointments of criminals, then his voice to the patriotic generals is very

wise, timely and in the larger interest of the common and in true spirit of

saving the country as at present unlike previously its very foundations are

being dug.     <o:p></o:p>**</span>

<span>**He

has now directed that the people who were made homeless or who lost their

agriculture lands or crops due to breaching of the protective bunds by the

Fuddles to save their own Havlies, Farms and lands, to capture the lands and

houses of such Fuddle. It is very easy for people like Altaf Hussain to advise

others to capture the lands and houses of concerned fuddle.  But he did not tell when the aggrieved on his

advice will capture lands and houses then how to face and handle the situation vis

police, private jugga force, abduction of family members who capture this land

etc.    Similar advices so often keep

coming from others advising people to come out in the streets against the

rulers but kith and kin of such voice raisers are never seen in the streets.   Amin

Faheem about three years back in the background of severe load shedding advised

people not to pay their electricity bills.

Electricity is cut if one does not pay bill for two consecutive months.

It is four years that Amin Faheen’s

house is still in lights in the evening clearly meanings he wanted only

the ordinary people to get their electricity cut why he acting on his advice he

could not dare stop making payment of his own home. <o:p></o:p>**</span>