To what avail is this Democracy?

• To what avail is this highly revered democracy that thugs, pilferers and corrupt may come up on top through trickery and manipulation; and then knowing them to be such; this beleaguered Janta may not be able to get rid of them---for next five years.

There is quite a possibility that they may be still sitting on your head for yet another five years also.

George W Bush in USA and Zardari in Pakistan; their examples are in front of us.

In democracy; you do not weigh or value people; it is just a number count which matters.

• I can see the thin interest in this subject, which can reflect the state of public mind. You see you are wasting your energies on wrong people, the process of degeneration has already gone to disasterous extent and no one is there to even acknowledge the issue. I agree with you and understand your feelings of despair. I advise you to leave the things on nature. It has gone beyond human intervention, so let the nature takes iits course.

• This so-called democracy is simply put-

<div>freedom for the thieves and robbers to be given freedom to steal and rob.</div>

<div>Their willing associates are the news media and the elite.</div>

<div>Don't fool your self into using the word democracy.</div>

<div>There is no democracy in Pakistan.</div>

• @Aay
    _"To what avail is this highly revered democracy that thugs, pilferers and

corrupt may come up on top through trickery and manipulation;"_

At least you can not blame me. I have been talking against it for years but I am given excuses like:
    -- "Democracy is the best revenge" :-P
    -- "Worst democracy is better than best dictatorship"
    -- "We are a young democracy; only 60 years old and it took America 200 years" (and I remember responding at the time that after 200 plus years the "success" of it is that GW Bush is the President)
    -- "We will vote them out in five years" (and I remeber saying we will not survive their five years)

@Truthlover
    "It has gone beyond human intervention, so let the nature takes its course."
    Entropy? :)

• @Nota,

You've got it! double :)

• Sirf Guftaar sey zakhmoun ka Raffoo Chahetay hain
    Yeh siasat hey; to keya kahain na-daani ko

Ab kahaan jaoun keh Gher main bhi houn Dushman Apnaa
    Aour bahar mera Dushman hey; Negeh-baani ko

(Obaid Ullah Aleem)

• We should work for Khilafa not for democracy!

Far from a dream, this leader is promised to us by Allah subhana'wa tahala, however we are commanded to work for this system like any other responsibility, so that Allah subhana'wa tahala would give us the Nasr (victory) when we have proved ourselves. May we be the honoured ones who bring back the Khilafah as shown to us by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and the righteous khaleefahs after him صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Narrated by Ahmed in his Musnad, from Al-Nu'man b. Bashir, who said: ‘_The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said ‘Prophethood will be amongst you whatever Allah wishes it to be, then He will lift it up if He wished to lift it up. Then there will be a Khilafah on the way of the Prophet, and it will be whatever Allah wishes it to be, then He will lift it up if Allah wished to lift it up. Then there will be an inheritance rule, and it will be whatever Allah wishes it to be, then He will lift it up if He wished to lift it up. Then there will be a coercive rule, and it will be whatever Allah wishes it to be, then He will lift it up if He wished to lift it up. Then there will be a Khilafah on the way of Prophethood.' Then he was silent."
    _

• pakistani democracy has full blessing in terms of political/financial support from the lords of democracy in the world.  we don't hear democracy gods criticizing pakistani democracy, they support it and want it here to continue.

• "Democracy" is the worst of systems, the most manipulative way of coming to power. No two party or more system exists anywhere in the world. Like in Pakistan, it's all about throwing dust in the eyes of nations so that they fail to register that, under the guise of change, it's just a planned version of the tactics of "har eek ko apni bari" to wield power and spread corruption.

As someone once said to me: You really want something to get done in a country and change to come, the best bet is to favour a dictatorship.