Admin: Do we know why salam is being barred from posting?

• Dear Admin,

Salam being an active and very decent member and contributor of this forum is being barred from posting. Do we know the reason, please?

Regards,

• Dear Admin,

May I also join Revivalist's query? What harm has Salam Sahib ever done anyone to be so disbarred, if indeed that is the case. He has always been a pillar of this blog.

Thanking you in advance for looking into the matter and with my best regards as well,

MG

• dear admin

i too endorse views expressed by mirza ghalib bhai. plz restore him.

• ' What harm has Salam Sahib ever done anyone to be so disbarred'

I'd like to know that as well. Anyway, a request to the admin/mods that if ever they choose to block or suspend any user's account, they should at least inform the forum with an official post, and also provide a reason for their action...

• Ah well.........

and people wonder what happens to those who rise up to challenge the so-called great thinkers with bloated and pampered egos.

Alas what a sad state of the people and the country they live in and the surrounding they occupy.

• Why this query? I see many of his recent posts on this forum.

• Truthlover, what exactly do you mean? I've also seen some of his recent posts. I found nothing objectionable in them.

NNL, and what do you mean exactly? Did Salam offend someone influential on the blog and therefore got himself barred from commenting? How can that be? I mean  where's the justice in all this? If it's Salam today, it could be anyone tomorrow.

• **i think Truthlover meant to say why this topic. How do you know he is barred/banned?

• Salam Posted 11 hours ago on 23 Sep 2010 4:56 #

Quota

• dOcrOr, do you think he was banned on the basis of that quote? How can it be? It was perfectly innocuous and even provided interesting historical information.

TL, if that is what you meant, then my reply would be Revivalist's opening of this particular thread. Since Revivalist is no joker of any kind, I expect he knows something we don't know. Or are we all mistaken and Salam hasn't been banned at all? That would be a great relief!

• I am not saying he was 'banned' coz of that post. I simply posted it to show that he was active just 11 hours ago. What prompted you all to think that he is banned? His ID does not say that he is 'blocked' .

• Thank you, dOctOr, it's kind of you to reply. So we'll ask Revivalist the question: Are you sure Salam has been banned or blocked? Or was it simply a false alert? It would be good if someone could clear up this matter. Then we could all return to our usual preoccupations whatever they may be. But as long as we remain in doubt about what did happen to Salam Sahib, it's a bit hard to concentrate on other matters.

• doctor,

good question! Why all this? He may be away for something else!

• Yeah at first instance we need to ask **Revivalist how he says that salam bhai is banned? before also salam bhai is away for a month or say due to work....

• Well, for a start, I don't think that revivalist is so in love with Mr Salam, that he could not bear a few hours without him, and he initiated this thread, Salam might have contacted him and told him that he has been blocked (yeah, that's experience talking)...And regarding 'His ID does not say that he is 'blocked' what you see is what you get doesn't always apply...

But whatever we say would be mere speculations until Mr salam himself (if he is not blocked) or admin/mods don't clear this situation themselves...

• where are the moderators? galiyan dainy walay tau azaad hain main forums per. dicuss section per hi kiyon sitam. we want salam back.

• Dear Friends

<div>Salam-alaykum</div>

<div>thank you for your kind support, i just followed the thread discussion and wanted to answer the question if I am blocked or not.</div>

<div>i have been barred from posting, this means anything i post doesn't appear at the forum, those of you who have experienced this would know what i mean.</div>

<div>i did not receive any notice or warning, no info on what went wrong, suddenly i can't write here, so i sent note to old friend revivalist to ask admin and inform members</div>

<div>my last activity was mostly revolving around confronting an orientalist who also happens to be sarcasm master, he makes sarcastic remarks about islam & muslim, but gets away, not sure how, but I for one will not give up, even if whole forum takes his side, until i am forced out, so here i am, out by force, so i am relieved and said good bye to this forum.</div>

<div>it doesn't feel good when this sort of thing happens with someone, admin/mod silence on the matter tells me that there is something going on, not sure what but someone did something.</div>

<div>initially orientalist started nice & easy, won support from many people, including admin/mod, then suddenly he started to bombard forum with religion/faith related threads, each time giving same excuse of "just asking question" with no objective or reason given.. just asking question on whether qur'an is corrupt or not, just asking question if sahaba are corrupt or not etc etc...</div>

<div>as a muslim it hurts, so members did react, but then our orientalist says 'hey i am just asking questions..', none of the questions are his work, all are classical old discussions, good thing is it makes us go back and dig in and revert back, but what about those who can't dig in? they are left with doubts, and those who are already with doubts feel excited and share their common sentiments openly..</div>

<div>if i am back, my confrontation will continue inshAllah, bar me or block me is the only solution for secular/liberal sarcasm guru :)</div>

• @salam

"my last activity was mostly revolving around confronting an orientalist

who also happens to be sarcasm master, he makes sarcastic remarks about

islam & muslim, but gets away, not sure how, but I for one will not

give up, even if whole forum takes his side, until i am forced out, so

here i am, out by force, so i am relieved and said good bye to this

forum."

Well, that explains it. You have lost all objectivity and I noticed you were being a pest, taking a shot at the "orientalist", putting up a stup!d comment in response to whatever he was posting. Some examples from yhe last ten topics you posted to::

Shimatoree:

I am asked why I am endeavoring to interfere with the religious faith

of others and why I try to take from the world the consolation

naturally arising from a belief in hell.

<div>I answer-</div>

<div>I want to do what little I can do to make my country truly free-</div>

<div>I

want to broaden the intellectual horizon of our people. I want it so

that we can differ upon all those questions and yet grasp each others

hands in genuine friendship....</div>

You:

hey, you could have changed 1800 years to 1400 years and put your name underneath :)

Shimatoree:

1.2 . No private schools because Education is an asset of the nation and cannot be left to capitalistic profiteers. The purpose is to Educate. This duty is that of the Govt. End of story.

You:

oh no, this doctor is already rejected, he failed basic urdu test :)

Shimatoree:

When I was very young, once I read what the Prophet said about Honesty- I was hooked and that has become the substance of my entire being....

You:

good to see that honesty lesson was learned from Prophet Muhammad PBUH. now it is time to seek guidance for other actions from same source as well.

Shimatoree:

The Quran is the warrant of Mohammad’s prophethood.
    It is also the authoritative scripture of the Muslims.
    As yet till after the Prophet’s death it had not been collected and stored in one place.

You:

don't be afraid shimatoree, go ahead and assert your point or conclusion, or you just want us to comment on your copied points :)

Shimatoree:

What is Pakistan’s identity?
    Does it have any identity of it’s own ?
    If it does then why is it living on borrowed identity from other lands?

You:

interesting... i am glad to see that you guys are finally spitting out your guts.. keep going.. :)

Shimatoree:

...But the new religion is science which means anything you might put in front of people will have to go through a very critical examination based on the scientific method and I doubt if any and I do mean any religion can withstand that kind of inquiry and come out unscathed...

You:

a person above claims "But the new religion is science.."
    what he doesn't know is that now a days science is a religion :)

Shimatoree:

Why are the Mullah-cracy afraid of freedom ?
    Simple-
    Because freedom remove the religious slaves from their( Mullah's) shackles and allows them to think for themselves.

You:

Why are freedumb lover afraid of deen of Allah?
    Simple-
    Because deen of Allah removes the freedumb crazy from their animalistic behavior to submission of Allah swt :)

Shimatoree:

- Fate- a Tragedy of Muslim History
    I had also HOPED - Oh yes Hope is free. It does not cost anything and does not require any effort.
    So we keep hoping for the Messiayah but they tell me that Messiyah don't come anymore...

You:

hope was never found in your writing, only thing found was tragedy, good improvement, start looking for hope and it is surely free :)

Why are you so afraid of him? What gives you the jitters? Just "questions" or their validity that you cannot confront so you take refuge in attacking the one asking them?

then suddenly he started to bombard forum with religion/faith related

threads, each time giving same excuse of "just asking question"

And he has every right to. Who made you the king to decide who can post what or who can ask what questions?

just asking question on whether qur'an is corrupt or not, just asking question if sahaba are corrupt or not etc etc...

Oh so you think that Quran and sahaba can are so weak that without Salam's defense, they will lose all credibility? BTW: You have not offered any 'defense' besides labeling and ridiculing the poster of the questions.

as a muslim it hurts

Ba, ha, ha -- cry yourself a river, oh defender of the faith.

none of the questions are his work, all are classical old discussions,

good thing is it makes us go back and dig in and revert back, but what

about those who can't dig in?

Ah, so he is doing some good by making you "dig in and revert back"! And you ask "what about those who can't dig in"? What kind of silly question is that. WhoTF made you the 'protector'? WhoTF gave you the right to make the decision that others are too stup!d and incapable of digging in and reverting back?

my confrontation will continue inshAllah

Confrontation is all its about for you. And if you continue down that path, I hope they block you again. You have no intent of "discussion", and just want "confrontation". That is not what this forum is for.

Why are you so afraid of his questions? You truly believe his questions are strong enough to make people forget their faith and go "gumrah"? So much for your faith in your fellow believers!
    P.S. Get a life!

• Look, I'm sorry to be so insistent, but please Admin, for this once, do disbar our Salam Sahib. For the sanity of this blog, he's desperately needed. I know from personal experience how objective and fair you yourself  can be. Please to show your impartiality once again. We'll keep shimatoree and Salam apart henceforth.

We all know what troubled times still await Pakistan. Frustration and fear run in all our veins. Give us a helping hand, Dear Admin. For the sake of pkpolitics, for the sake of Pakistan, let Salam Sahib return freely and without stigma. We have all learnt a tremendous amount from him, drawn courage from him. Do not now deprive us of his presence.

And, shimatoree, please you too come and plead in favour of your vanquished opponent.  Show your inherent greatness as you've already done in the recent past. You do not need to be surrounded by an amen corner alone, do you? You want honest intellectual opponents, you've always maintained. Come, shimatoree, do not let us down on this one  either.  We're counting on you.

• Hi All ,
    as i was away from the forum yesterday for some reason.
    i have no clue what has happened with Salam?
    anyways ; as u and i can see his post there .
    we can be assured that he is back in action .
    thanks
    Beenai