India third most powerful country

• Washington: India is listed as the third most powerful country in

the world after the US and China and the fourth most powerful bloc

after the US, China and the European Union in a new official US report.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-third-most-powerful-nation-us-report/131421-2.html

Keeping the usual anti-India sentiment aside, what do you think  about the report?

• **صنم    کدہ ہے جہاں اور مرد حق ہے خليل
    يہ نکتہ وہ ہے کہ پوشيدہ لاالہ ميں ہے

• Keeping the usual anti-India sentiment:

This title sounds better: 'India third class power hungry country'

Keeping the usual anti-India sentiment aside:

This seems like a similar report that declared ISI the world's # 1 secret service agency... And sounds like a similar predicition according to which Pakistan should have been disintegrated by now...

• Thanks to  Indian Nationalism,  their leadership ( specially norther part of india ) were able to utilize their limited resources but highly qualified people right way.

Kabhi hum bhi Asian Tiggers they ( back in 60s) but we failed to reach many hot spots on time.

• The basis for all this is that 1/5th of the population of India consists of well to do rich or pseudo-rich people. That puts the number at 200 million or so and that is the market for the West as well as the part of India which is working as though they were a Western modern country.

The propblem lies with the other 4/5th of the country and the current imbroglio with the Commonwealth games should tell you alot about the future of India.

• Supersoldier,

Didn't get the msg you were tryin to put across. Your own words would help.

Thanks.

ExPakistani(?)

Have they? The Maoist uprising does not suggest they did the job well.

North? Kashmir ? stones?

• Shimatoree,

The current CWG issue is nothing. Absolutely no obstacle in the way of India's progress in my opinion. It is embarassing yes, but it won't stop them from progressing.

The comments in the link are worth reading by the way.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

We'll see how much a 'powerful' country India is or remains to be, when the world economy collapses.

It is 'projected' to happen before end of 2010.

Washington's attempt(s) to turn people of Pakistan into 'slaves' at the hands of Hindus' will INSHALLAH not be successful.

• natasha

Don't be afraid, I believe there nothing powerful in this world if muslims truly follow what is written in Quran. You said India is third powerful county, I say who is first powerful country. See the powers of Allah

_Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."_008.012

The above verse is tell the us about Gzawa Badr

Allah commands the Angels to fight and support the Believers

Allah said next,

((Remember) when your Lord revealed to the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed.'')

This is a hidden favor that Allah has made known to the believers, so that they thank Him and are grateful to Him for it. Allah, glorified, exalted, blessed and praised be He, has revealed to the angels -- whom He sent to support His Prophet, religion and believing group -- to make the believers firmer. Allah's statement,

(I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved.) means, `you -- angels -- support the believers, strengthen their (battle) front against their enemies, thus, implementing My command to you. I will cast fear, disgrace and humiliation over those who defied My command and denied My Messenger,

• Asian tiger thay in 60s????

That was when we were adopted by the US as a foster child. We turned 18, then they kicked our [you know what] out.

• supersoldier,

I am not 'afraid' or anything. This was supposed to be a general discussion based on India's economy and future.

What's with  the muslim/non-muslim angle ?

• natasha

U believe more in article let see what is happening in India  is also a failed democracy and a bad poster child for democratic form of government. It's pervasive hunger, poverty, malnutrition, illiteracy, a huge and growing rich-poor gap, and a well-established system of caste-based Apartheid, and its terrible governance make its democracy a joke. And its history of widespread persecution of its minorities makes its secular label ludicrous.

Busting Myths of India as "Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous":

Here's Indian writer Pankaj Mishra busting the myth of "Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous India":

Apparently, no inconvenient truths are allowed to mar what Foreign Affairs, the foreign policy journal of America's elite, has declared a "roaring capitalist success story". Add Bollywood's singing and dancing stars, beauty queens and Booker prize-winning writers to the Tatas, the Mittals and the IT tycoons, and the picture of Indian confidence, vigour and felicity is complete.

The passive consumer of this image, already puzzled by recurring reports of explosions in Indian cities, may be startled to learn from the National Counterterrorism Centre (NCTC) in Washington that the death toll from terrorist attacks in India between January 2004 and March 2007 was 3,674, second only to that in Iraq. (In the same period, 1,000 died as a result of such attacks in Pakistan, the "most dangerous place on earth" according to the Economist, Newsweek and other vendors of geopolitical insight.)

• Natasha-

The international Capital is the driving force.

In this month of Sptember alone- 24 Billion dollars came for investment into companies listed on the Bombay Stock excahnge.

That is 24 Billion with a B.

No metter what one might say- their economy is getting not only boost but After Burners from the Rich in the world.

And where are we in attracting capital /

I do not have to answer that as everyone knows the answer.

• India is more stable and powerful than Pakistan in everysense of the word. they are more united as well.

thats a neutral analysis. btw, im Pakistani but i admit it.

• The so called third most powerful country in the world (truth yet to be establised) has been beaten on all fronts by the Maoist who control quite a lot of central and eastern India.

Ask the SriLankans how powerful they are, or the Sikhs, or Bangladesh not forgetting Nepal and Bhutan. What about the Seven Sisters in the North East.

What about the Tamils?

• Soldier and others,

Just because I have initiated a 'debate' on whether India is at no.3 or not , does not mean I believe they ARE.

• Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

**@**quaidkamazaar: You;

(1) support criminals, murderers, mass murderers
    (2) support their activities, their crimes
    (3) don't want justice
    (4) don't accept justice from the court of law
    (5) support MQM, which is on India's payroll to destabilize Pakistan

That shows you 'love' to be a 'savage' rather than a 'just' 'human being'.

That shows your 'credibility', where you stand in this regard.

• Until and unless India becomes capable of checking it's population, it is going to be a slum no matter what progress it makes.

Don't matter how many billions with the B come in, as long as they don't make it to the common people i.e. the gap between the rich and the poor stays or widens, we are looking good, but keep an eye on, the table could turn.

• woaho!

Hariskhan , what what THAT?

I am NOT an MQMer and I strongly disagree with this accusation regarding MQM being on India's payroll.

There's nothing wrong with what he said. You may hate India as much as you want , but there ARE facts backing the claim that India is doing better than us.

W'salam.

• BO

<div>you correct on that.</div>

<div>India will always be a slum inhabited mostly by slaves. </div>

<div>That is a fact today.</div>