Udit narayan , the third legend after kishore and muhammad rafi

• Udit narayan, the most popular and verstile singer of indian industry after Muhammad rafi and Kishore kumar. his approach towards any kind of singing has been remained outstanding throughout his career. he has sung every type of song like romantic, sad, fast, slow, classic etc. We want more songs from him today as well. i dont know why he is not singing much songs in today movies, he is the only original and great singer with full potential present in the industry but industry in kept on using new stupid singers instead of him who served india for more than 20 years and is still in form. what u people comment?

• i disagree, there are better singers than him and i never liked his voice...

people in bollywood want pakistani singers, singers like shafqat, rahat fateh ali, atif etc.. many of their movies do great at  the box office and a significant credit for that goes to our singers

• i disagree, there are better singers than him and i never liked his voice...

people in bollywood want pakistani singers, singers like shafqat, rahat fateh ali, atif etc.. many of their movies do great at  the box office and a significant credit for that goes to our singers

• Rizvi Sahib, one thing: Bollywood has practically ruined our Rahat Fateh Ali. He had the makings of a great qawwal. And now all that immense talent has been wasted on stupid Indian filmi gana. And his qawwalis have gone from bad to worse. Nusrat must be turning in his grave, as they say. And honey-voiced Fateh and all the other talented qawwals of the group as well.

Imran 18, thanks for thread. I'll go and listen to some Udit Narayan to refresh my memory.

• Mirza sahib i agree. but my point is that currently, pakistani singers are highly in demand in bollywood, and their songs beat the indians' at charts.... and their voices are different and better.

<div>as far as rahat fateh ali is concerned, he himself is at fault, he should have set priorities and strike a balance between his bollywood ventures and qawwalis.</div>

<div>ironic things is that most of the pakistanis do not value qawwalis and other local cultural stuff, and thats why folk and qawwali singers dont earn much... for this reason, may be, we as a nation are more responsible for this cultural decline.. and reliance on others</div>

<div>amjad sabri was also highlighted by bollywood internationally through a couple of movies... otherwise out local forum are not very good for our artistes and it is very sad</div>

• <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Betraying your Brothers and sisters</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></FONT> </div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">You may think that this would be enough incrimination, but no the crimes continue. The nature of the Kashmir problem is quite straightforward; India has occupied this land that is overwhelmingly Muslim, a population which has categorically refused to be ruled by the dictatorship of an Indian regime. Over the years Kashmiri Muslims have engaged in a noble Jihad to liberate their land from these oppressors, the Indian government has responded by destroying Mosques, hospitals, and school, it has<span> </span> also undertaken to killing thousands of Muslim civilians and raping Kashmiri women by its armed soldiers.</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></FONT> </div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bollywood assists in this systematic genocide by filming love song scenes in the same valleys of Kashmir where the killings and raping occurs. Further to this a percentage of profits made by the industry are contributed directly to the killing fields. The truth is Muslims are renting and subscribing to films which financially contribute indirectly to the murder and rape of Kashmiri Muslims. Bollywood has made various films portraying the Mujahideen of Kashmir as terrorists and criminals, and their own villainous soldiers to be angelic. Such political propaganda is being fed into the minds of millions of naïve Muslims. It will not surprise you to learn that there have been Indian Movie stars who have moved to become political candidates for the fascist anti-Muslim, Babri Masjid destroying party of the BJP, actors such as Shatrughan Sinha.</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yet still Muslims cannot get enough of watching garbage. The erosion of Muslim independent identity and confidence in the Islamic way of life has led to Muslims allowing integration to take place, this disregard for the tenants of Islamic belief has led to the doors of indecency and depravation being open to our community, we have invited the snake into our house by opening the door to him, and we stand idle as it bites and injects poison into our children and family members.</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is perfectly acceptable for Muslims from the Indian sub-continent to be proud of their cultural heritage, and indeed Muslims from any part of the world can do like wise, the only problem comes when we begin to give more reverence to culture over and above the commands of Allah, cultural diversity is a blessing from Allah, it is not however on the same level as the Shariah and laws of Allah.</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">When we make the mistake of elevating our ethnicity and cultural origin to a level where it governs what we consider to be right and wrong we are heading for real trouble.</FONT></div>

<div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The above mentioned are mere snowflakes on the tip of the ice-berg, as to the real extent of damage that Bollywood has done, Allah alone only knows, but you can be sure it is massive. If you would like to prevent your children from growing up with a Shaytaan as a baby sitter – boycott Bollywood! If you would like to respect your Islamic creed and the sovereignty of Allah – boycott Bollywood! If you cannot help the suffering Kashmiri Muslims then at least do not arm their enemy – boycott Bollywood!</FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><span class="864380919-04082008"> </span></FONT></div>

• Betraying your Brothers and sisters

You may think that this would be enough incrimination, but no the crimes continue. The nature of the Kashmir problem is quite straightforward; India has occupied this land that is overwhelmingly Muslim, a population which has categorically refused to be ruled by the dictatorship of an Indian regime. Over the years Kashmiri Muslims have engaged in a noble Jihad to liberate their land from these oppressors, the Indian government has responded by destroying Mosques, hospitals, and school, it has  also undertaken to killing thousands of Muslim civilians and raping Kashmiri women by its armed soldiers.

Bollywood assists in this systematic genocide by filming love song scenes in the same valleys of Kashmir where the killings and raping occurs. Further to this a percentage of profits made by the industry are contributed directly to the killing fields. The truth is Muslims are renting and subscribing to films which financially contribute indirectly to the murder and rape of Kashmiri Muslims. Bollywood has made various films portraying the Mujahideen of Kashmir as terrorists and criminals, and their own villainous soldiers to be angelic. Such political propaganda is being fed into the minds of millions of naïve Muslims. It will not surprise you to learn that there have been Indian Movie stars who have moved to become political candidates for the fascist anti-Muslim, Babri Masjid destroying party of the BJP, actors such as Shatrughan Sinha.

Yet still Muslims cannot get enough of watching garbage. The erosion of Muslim independent identity and confidence in the Islamic way of life has led to Muslims allowing integration to take place, this disregard for the tenants of Islamic belief has led to the doors of indecency and depravation being open to our community, we have invited the snake into our house by opening the door to him, and we stand idle as it bites and injects poison into our children and family members.

It is perfectly acceptable for Muslims from the Indian sub-continent to be proud of their cultural heritage, and indeed Muslims from any part of the world can do like wise, the only problem comes when we begin to give more reverence to culture over and above the commands of Allah, cultural diversity is a blessing from Allah, it is not however on the same level as the Shariah and laws of Allah.

When we make the mistake of elevating our ethnicity and cultural origin to a level where it governs what we consider to be right and wrong we are heading for real trouble.

The above mentioned are mere snowflakes on the tip of the ice-berg, as to the real extent of damage that Bollywood has done, Allah alone only knows, but you can be sure it is massive. If you would like to prevent your children from growing up with a Shaytaan as a baby sitter – boycott Bollywood! If you would like to respect your Islamic creed and the sovereignty of Allah – boycott Bollywood! If you cannot help the suffering Kashmiri Muslims then at least do not arm their enemy – boycott Bollywood!

• well, u r right to some extent

<div>but u have highlighted the darker side of the picture only. pakistanis dont have local cinema to enjoy, and cinema is a great medium to educate the masses... lately, bollywood has been producing some meaningful and issue related films which provide a food for thought and invoke a thinking and mental developmental process regardless of religion</div>

<div>bollywood alone is not responsible for the sorry state of muslims. its just one tiny reason. muslim countries, despite of having all the valuable resources, oil, gas, minerals etc are relying on the west. saudia (considered as the grandpa or kind of head of the muslim states) enjoys good relations with the american rulers while they kills innocent muslims in palestine, iran, pakistan and afghanistan...</div>

<div>the arabs themselves are involved in all kinds of aiyashiyan... and our own pakistani cinema industry promotes a completely alien culture</div>

• Wow, Udit who? 
    Who cares?  Worry about our own singers Ali Zafar, Rahat....

• @ Mirza Ghalib Sahab

you really think Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's voice has been wasted in bollywood?

I think he has sang some really really amazing songs!

• MG,

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/udit-narayan-the-third-legend-after-kishore-and-muhammad-rafi#post-181314

The art of any form has always been done for money! People sang for kings. Mirza Ghalib and Mir Taqi Mir wrote poetry for kings. Painters painted for kings! List is as long as the types of art forms.

So if our Rahat has sung for India, so what?? He has a gifted voice, is a very good singer. He has been appreciated (in right $$$$ way) so be it.

• Quaidkamazaar, Raavi, I'm not judging the quality of the songs Rahat has sung for Bollywodd so far. They are, as you say truly amazing. But for that was not Rahat born. He was crowned the successor of Nusrat Fathe Ali Khan, the towering qawwal. He betrayed that trust out of a sudden loss of self-confidence. About the money part of it, like his uncle before him, Rahat supports hundreds of people on his own earnings. I do not blame him for his doings. I grieve for what our own precious art form has lost. And, God knows, Rahat was no less gifted than Nusrat.

AR, you made an excellent political point above. I hadn't quite viewed it in that light before. But then we can apply that same logic to the entire Pakistani or Muslim diaspora uncaringly living in countries which are killing us off on a daily basis. About the age-old discussion: what comes first, our culture or our religion, it leads to a dead end, I'd say. It goes without saying that we stand closest to our Creator. But in our worship of Him, our cultural identity plays a part. Denying that would be a waste of time. Rahat is no politician. But he's always understood himself as being one of our cultural ambassadors to India. If the stupid Indians ever bow their head before us, it's when we open our mouths to sing or recite our great poetry. For something that must count to.

SAR, as usual, very reasonable and well-balanced in your views. I agree with you. Rahat didn't manage to make a go of giving the same importance to filmi and qawwali. But I haven't given up on him, never fear. His own genius will haunt him till he's made good on his promise.

And Imran18, I did go and listen to Udit N again. Problem there was that, unlike Rafi or Kishore, he didn't get the great composers and poets to give his voice a real chance to develop and impose itself on our consciousness forever. Hence his present neglect. Also Rafi went through such a phase himself at one time. So there's still hope he might stage a comeback.