Saidu Airport (Swat) being handed over to US

• Of course the news says:

Saidu Airport not being handed over to US: ISPR

Since that comes to us from ISPR, the oppsite must certainly be true :)

• when army let people build pressure then it means army is not willing to give in to US pressure, of course COAS can't say no to his boss, so this is one way of saying NO

when army intends to give some place, then no one even hears about it, like those sites of Rawaat or Sihala.

• when army intends to give some place, then no one even hears about it, like those sites of Rawaat or Sihala.

True. But the army is also know to throw bones one place to hide what is going on elsewhere. While all attention gets focused on this place, handover of another place might be in the offing (that we will never hear about). I am reminded of the this park in Islamabad from a few years back. A "controversy" such as this was started that eventually led to the army "giving in" and handing the park "back to the people of Islamabad". Found out a couple of years later that as part of the deal, Army took over a full sector of land (an area many times bigger than the land it "gave up" -- that too was a qabza so giving it up is a funny term).

So I'll correct myself and say they are giving Americans some additional base in the area -- though not Saidu. Saidu will be waved to claim "See we didn't give it to the americans" :)