Another 77 NATO Tankers go "Poof!"

• But is is all it seems? Of course FO was waiting for a US apology which has now been made (interestingly it was the outgoing ambassador Patterson who made it while US itself ratcheted up pressure with "you are with the Taliban") so the lines can open again.

But what's with these fires? Are they really Taliban who have somehow gained so much strength to carry out such attacks every day? And why were they not doing so before??

I think there is more truth in this BBC story:

Nato contractors 'attacking own vehicles' in Pakistan

They are selling the stuff and torching them to get paid once again...

• yes, i also think that supply line is being robbed by transporters and then may be funds shared with 'spokesman' so that he could make a claim and FIR could be lodged hence win-win situation for transporters -become carore patti in a day-

• More on the so-called apology:

Unrepentant, US Presses Pakistan to Reopen Supply Route

@Salam

"yes, i also think that supply line is being robbed by transporters and then may be funds shared with 'spokesman' so that he could make a claim and FIR could be lodged hence win-win situation for transporters -become carore patti in a day"

Let me ad something here. Do you think they (transporters) are doing this on their own? I don't think so! My theory goes something like this:

I think they have been given a go-ahead by the military. Why? Now military's lack of b@lls has been completely exposed. They know that to maintain the pretenses they have to show some reaction thus they are playing this "supply-lines closed" bit. But they know that is not going to cut it. People want repercussions but army's b@lls are in a wise and they can't do a damn thing themselves because of the way it will play in the West. But Pakistanis want something American blown up. So what to do? The army gives the transporters a green flag to go ahead. The transporters win, the army satisfies the locals indirectly and the Westerners stay off their back as the blame falls on the Taliban...

• nota,

i agree on army giving 'go ahead part', but i think that army's middle rank officers (capt-brig) are not all corrupt and are highly patriotic. there is immense pressure from within the army which the top leaders have to calm, so they used these cowardly tactics to calm down the immense pressure within the ranks -who cares about the civilians?

the very word 'civilian' is like a curse word for fauji... bloody civilians-