Democratic Spirit and Behavior!

• I would like to share with the members of the Forum, this letter from Hillary Clinton as an indication of the real democratic spirit in a democratic society.

Dear Javed Sheikh,

Over the course of this campaign, I have seen the promise of America in your courage and character, your energy and ingenuity, and your compassion and faith.

Your spirit has inspired me every day in this race. While I traveled this country talking about how I wanted to help you -- time and again, you reached out to help me. To grab my hand or grip my arm, to look me in my eyes and tell me, don’t quit, keep fighting, stay in this race for us. There were days when I had strength enough for the both of us -- and on the days I didn't, I leaned on you.

This has always been your campaign, and tonight, there's no one I want to hear from more than you. I hope you're as proud as I am of what we've done and that you'll take a moment to share your thoughts with me now at my website.

I want to congratulate Senator Obama and his supporters on the extraordinary race that they have run. Senator Obama has inspired so many Americans to care about politics and empowered so many more to get involved, and our party and our democracy are stronger and more vibrant as a result.

Whatever path I travel next, I promise I will keep faith with you and everyone I have met across this good and great country. There is no possible way to thank you enough for everything you have done throughout this primary season, and you will always be in my heart.

Sincerely,

Hillary

Hillary Rodham Clinton

• sheikh saab cha gaye hain ..love letter woh bhi hillary clinton ka

• hillary clinton is an evil bitch who voted for invading iraq and is ready to obliterate iran.

cheesy letters dont mean shit, its the substance that matters, hillary would have continued the american foreign policy of imperialism, unilateralism and the use of military might.

these cheesy slogans and this lame talk is just to fool the masses.

• @Shiekh Sahib,

i might disagree with what she has written.

but i have to admitt...

u have impressed me !

• My dear Secular,

This was not to discuss and disagree with the Policies of American Political Leaders.

Senator Obama might perpetuate the same Foreign Policy, you don't like.

According to my evaluation, she was comparatively a better candidate for the White House, for being the first capable women.

No doubt, my second choice was, to see Obama, as the first black President at the White House. (No sympathy for the Republicans)

My interest and motive by sharing this letter, was just to make understand and help to make a judgment how the politicians in a democratic society differ, contest and criticize, but keeping the civilized manners, a tolerant spirit to accept and endorse the mandate of the majority, alive.

June 4, 2008

Dear Javed Sheikh,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary

Hillary Rodham Clinton

• these look like mass printed letters that were sent out to all her campaign supporters !!! lolz it is so easy to impress our fellow desis sometimes it amazes me !!! no wonder criminal zardari is in power and incompetent gillani is eating laddoos while ppl r starvin !!! ;-)

FUTURE looks clear !!! ;-)

• btw it would have been nice to c Bill as the First Lady !!! lolz ;-) but either Obama or Mccain r way better than Hillary !!!

FUTURE looks ordained !!! ;-)

• My interest and motive by sharing the contents of this letter, was just to make understand and help to make a judgment how the politicians in a democratic society differ, contest and criticize, but keeping the civilized manners, a tolerant spirit to accept and endorse the mandate of the majority, alive.

What I wish, the society in Pakistan, perhaps, could learn at their FUTURE behavior.

• @ js

my comments were not towards you or ur interests/motives - i was only makin an observation at the response !!! but truly ur motives r noble and i respect them !!! we do need to know the meaning of unity and stop fighting amongst ourselves and ur post makes a perfect point that regardless of our political differences, we need to know when it is time to quit quarrelling and come together !!! ;-) at the end of the day we are all on the same team!!!

FUTURE looks united !!! ;-)