Imam Mehdi (Reality or Story)

• The concept that one day Imam Mahdi will come and fight against "Dejaal" is not only a very popular concept (especially in Asia) but got it as the part of "Aimaan". Though Quran has not any evidence about but people have made this concept a big part of their religious life.

First of all, the topic going to discuss here is not the matter of DEEN (part of Aimaan) and secondly keep in mind that every religious community has this concept. All the communities had been waiting for some one that will come and fill the land with justice. Christen, Jews, Hindus, Muslim even other small communities all are waiting for some one. Why they all are waiting for some one? The reason is, the same thinking that every nation has "some one will come and their nation will rule the world"

Being a Muslim we are also waiting but with a little change, that we are waiting for two persons instead of one, "Hazrat Eesah and Imam Mahdi". Although Quran has not any indication of these things but unfortunately the concept has been made our "Aiman". The base of Imam Mahdi concept is about 21 Ahadith in "Tirmazi, Abu Dawood, Ibn-a-Maaja" and some in other lower category books of Ahadith.

The concept relate to "Hazrat Eesah" is typically christens concept and Muslim got it from there, make a little change and adopt. The concept relates to "Imam Mahdi" is typically "shiyaa" concept, a null and bud story.

Mohammad bin Hasan Askari bin Ali naqi bin Mohammad Taqi bin Ali Raza bin Moosa kazim bin Jafar Sadiq bin Mohammad Baqir bin Ali (zain ul aabadin) bin Husain bin Ali (rt), said birth 255 hijri and death????????? The 12th Imam of shiyaas called Imam Mahdi that was disappeared in a cage named "serman raa" when He was 6 year old and, according to the story, will appear at the time of "Dejaal", will fight against, defeat him and fill the land in justice.

Full Article:

http://www.understanding-islam.com/reader-articles/islamic-beliefs/imam-mahdi-reality-or-story-8054

P.S. Posting this article doesn't mean I agreed with the content.

• i wonder how the author intends to dispute the other ahadeeths regarding Imam Mahdi Rahim Allaah.

A Jamaati Concept i had come across and someone on this forum had sent me the pdf file which argued with the emergence of the Al Mahdi Rahim Allaah

Oh after some research the Article is posted by Khalid Zaheer.

Ah Modernists trying to be intelligent.

• Despite our diffrences of form, for once I completly agree with NNL

• I fail to find any hadees from Bukhari about mahdi. Its true , I read several books on this topic and read many ahadees but none of them are taken from Bukhari Shareef. May be I am wrong but if someone knows any hadees regarding mahdi which is written in bukhari please forward it to me.

• So does the knowledge of hadith end at Bukhari?

• @barackosama

of course not but it does raise question why the most accurate book of hadees don't have any single saying about mehdi. If its an important and believable fact, then imam bukhari should have mentioned it in his book.

My take is may be Imam Bukhari thought that since Mahdi emergence is a sensitive subject due to different beliefs of shias and sunnis, why not just leave it. Furthermore, many many fights and fitnas are erected on the basis of Imam Mahdi theory in the history of Islam.

• Bukhari only related ahadith that met his criteria of authenticity. There is no such basis as importance in his collection. How can anyone decide what is important in aqeedah, eeman, ibadaat, akhlaaq? There are other haidth books by Imam Bukhari beside Sahih Bukhari.

Muslim on the other hand is regarded by many as stricter on criteria and it has ahadith on Mahdi. Beside Bukhari and Muslim there are other ahadith in other books which meet the criteria of both Bukhari and Muslim and none of these ahadith ever appear in either.

These people (scholar, muhaditheen) said things as they were. They didn't care about the sensitivities. What is Islam and words of the Prophet SAW need to be told, period .. whether anyone likes or not! In fact they got beaten up pretty hard for not stopping from saying true things e.g. Malik and Ahmed b. Hanbal.

Here's Mahdi in Muslim:

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: A section of my people will not cease fighting for the Truth and will prevail till the Day of Resurrection. He said: Jesus son of Mary would then descend and their (Muslims') commander would invite him to come and lead them in prayer, but he would say: No, some amongst you are commanders over some (amongst you). This is the honour from Allah for this Ummah. (Muslim Book #001, Hadith #0293)

Abu Nadra reported:" We were in the company of Jabir b. 'Abdullah that he said it may happen that the people of Iraq may not send their qafiz and dirhams (their measures of food stuff and their money). We said: Who would be respolisible for it? He said: The non-Arabs would prevent them. He again said: There is the possibility that the people of Syria may not send their dinar and mudd. We said: Who would be responsible for it? He said This prevention would be made by the Romans. He (Jabir b. Abdullah) kept quiet for a while and then reported Allah', s Messengdt (may peas be upon him) having said There would be a caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to the people without counting it. I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-'Ala: Do you mean 'Umar b. 'Abd al-Aziz? They said: No (he would be Imam mahdi.). (Muslim Book #041, Hadith #6961)

• The Imam who will create a world state will make the ruling nations pay for their crimes against society. He will bring succor to humanity. He will take out the hidden wealth from the breast of the earth and will distribute it equitably amongst the needy deserving. He will teach you simple living and high thinking. He will make you understand that virtue is a state of character which is always a mean between the two extremes, and which is based upon equity and justice. He will revive the teaching of the Holy Qur'an and the traditions of the Holy Prophet after the world has ignored them as dead letters.... He will protect and defend himself with resources of science and supreme knowledge. His control over these resources will be complete. He will know how supreme they are and how carefully they will have to be used. His mind will be free from desires of bringing harm and injury to humanity. Such a knowledge to him will be like the property which was wrongly possessed by others and for which he was waiting for the permission to repossess and use. He, in the beginning, will be like a poor stranger unknown and uncared for, and Islam then will be in the hopeless and helpless plight of an exhausted camel who has laid down its head and is wagging its tail. With such a start he will establish an empire of God in this world. He will be the final demonstration and proof of God's merciful wish to acquaint man with the right ways of life." - Islam. Nahjul Balagha, Khutba 141, 187

• And when the Word is fullfilled against the unjust, We shall produce from the earth a Beast to face them: he will speak to them, because that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our signs.' - Quran 27.82

There is no prophet who has not warned his people about the one-eyed liar [the Anti-Christ]. I tell you that he is one-eyed, but your Lord is not one-eyed. On his forehead are the letters k, f, r (infidelity)... The Dajjal will come forth having with him water and fire, and what mankind see as water will be fire which burns and what they see as fire will be cold, sweet water. Any of you who live till that time must fall into what they see as fire, for it is sweet, fresh water.' - Hadiths of Bukhari

• Muslims are after words used in Ahadith and Al Quran. We should get into the depth of meaning of these words. What is Imam Mehdi, Imam is a leader and Mehdi is one who is guided by Almighty Allah. All Prophets are always guided by Allah. Let us look into Al-Quran. We read in verse 69 of An-Nisa chapter that all those who obey Allah and Prophet Muhammad (saw) can have a status of Nabi, Siddiq, Shahid and Saleh. People twist the meaning of this verse to find an escape. But fact of the matter is that If any Muslim follows the Hazrat Khatim un Nabiyyeen(saw) truthfully, he can attain any status as defined in this verse. Now, If Imam Mehdi is to come he will get one status out of these four levels. The highest being of Nabi, he should be a Nabi otherwise he cannot get guidance from All Mighty Allah.

Todays moral condition of Muslims is so much degraded that no human being can trust them. Muslim countries are suffering from poverty, why? Let me tell you about Canada, there are all religions of world in this country, but all are living peacefully. Every one can practice his religion freely. This is the real Muslim teaching. Why, it is not possible in Pakistan. Why minorities are being killed in Pakistan. Muslims do not know Islam themselves. How they can succeed. The whole world knows that Pakistani Govt.is full of corruption. Is it not punishment from God Almighty. God declared in Al Quran that Islam is the best and peaceful religion but Muslims failed to prove this claim, so God became angry and started punishment, which will continue till Muslims reform themselves.

Muslims were given responsibility to protect the non Muslims but they are killing them. They disobeyed the God so they are to be treated as Iblis who disobeyed the God. This pathetic state of Muslims was foretold by Our Prophet Muhammad (saw)so this has to happen. You like it or not.

Be good Muslims and God will Love you, protect you and the whole world will respect you. Al-Quran clearly says that Prophet Issa(as) died. Several Ulema wrote the same, but our illiterate clerks do not accept it. Science have proved that no one can live outside earth but so called Muslims have a belief that Prophet Issa is sitting in Sky. Muslims have to open their eyes by studying scientific truth, otherwise their blindness will take them to destruction. Which has already started. May God forgive the Muslims.

• Imam Mehdi A.S is a good example of and open example of How certain ppl cantrols certain things.

Another point is that difference between prophets and others is also clear here that

That Imam Mehdi will not be able to kill DAJJAL but Hazrat Isa AS will do so.

This describes POWERS of Prophet and Imam Mehdi also this shows POWERS of AWLIYA and POWERS of IMAM MEHDI AS.

As Imam Mehdi will be having more POWERS than AWLIYA but definitly Less than Prophet Isa AS....

• I would humbly like to explain here my belief.

everyone is allowed to agree or disagree :)

The Imam Mehdi the promised Messiah has already come in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani.

to support my belief i have got the fulfillment of the prophecy of solar and lunar eclipses and many more. Which i can prove in a detailed conversation.

(the details can be found here: http://www.alislam.org)

the concept of firqa najiah was proven in the assembly session of 1974 where by all the firqas united and declared us non-muslim and when our khalifa replied that today you have yourself proved us the firqa najiah yourself. no one replied to this and the assembly session was never made public because had it been made public all of pakistan would have come to know the truth about Ahmadiyat. But they always give a fake picture and bring forward our teachings in 'extremely' distorted form.

but still i am not imposing my beleif, the thing i found correct i have shared it, everyone has his/her own point of view.

• It is very simple, anyone who is in search of truth can pray/ do istikhara about ahmadiyat and if one feels like knowing more only and only then one should explore ahmadiyat more otherwise just let it go like any other belief. and i am sure everyone would find the teachings very logical and true (again this is my opinion)

all evidence would be presented in the form of valid ahadith and quranic verses, nothing is presented standalone in our teachings.

• ahmedi ahmad...

How could you kill two birds with one stone. either Mirza could be Mehdi or Mirza could be Promised Missah. Two status one person that's greatest b$ ever heard. Medhi will rule over arab that's one of the characteristic of Mehdi and on the other hand Mirza Ghulam didn't rule on anyone... He remained a Britisher salve throught his whole life... Mehdi and Isa ibn Maryam aren't the same person... That's the greatest b$ jews and Britisher had ever invented...

• As i have already said, that it is upto you, you can find all answers on the given website and you can openly ask questions on http://rahehuda.mta.tv/

otherwise you're free to have your own beliefs. Even though you have not said very well words about our Iman still I can only pray for you. May we get the true guidance even if that's me who needs to be guided towards truth

I am open to be converted to the truth...even if that goes against my current beliefs.

• hi Ahmadi Ahmad

Why don't you help. See a teacher can make understand what 1000 books can't.

• Okay would love to be guided and guide someone.... i am an explorer of religion and feel a great void that i need to learn and know more.

Looking forward to more conversations :)

If you'd like to ask me questions regarding my belief, please send me your questions, i would seek the answers evaluate them at my end and then get back to you :)

• First question

How could one person be two at the same time... As Mirza Ghulam was promised Misseh and also Mehdi... Aren't Mehdi and Missah two different person... How could two personalities be fitted in one.

• ok sure, coming up with a detailed answer shortly IA

• thanks, would love to know ;)