Jemima Khan to Attend PTI Rally Against Drones In Islamabad Tomorrow?

• ISLAMABAD - Jemima Khan, the ex-wife of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, is expected to arrive in Islamabad on Thursday (today) to participate in a demonstration against the US drone strikes in the country's tribal areas, according to a local newspaper.

Imran will lead the rally in front of the parliament house on Friday, while Jemima will participate in the rally as a representative of the British charity called Reprieve.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/10/jemima-khan-to-attend-pti-rally/

• hope she does not come, i do not think it will do IK any favours!

• Is Hugh Grant is also coming?

• Have no worries my brother saladin89. It's a good move.

We not only need local but also foreign media coverage of this event...that drone attacks are counter productive, damaging for Pakistan, only killing innocent civilians, mostly women and children...and it must be stopped.

Jemima presence will most probably get the foreign media coverage (especially UK media) to this rally against drone attacks...so it's a good move by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.

• Head still in the gutter? siddiqi73?

• mangoman

October 30th is near I just don't want anything to go wrong!

Hope she does not come to the 30th jalsa, what do u think?

u do remember the yahudi lobby campaign by Nooner's?, this could give them something to scream about.

• Nothing will go wrong my brother saladin89, nothing will go wrong...PTI Lahore Jalsa on Oct 30, 2011 at Minar-e-Pakistan would be a great success, Insha'Allah.

As for Jemima participating in PTI Lahore Jalsa, it is a non-issue for me personally...if she wants to join (she still holds green passport along with red one I think, not sure though), most welcome...if she does not, I am also okay with that.

• Jemima Khan donates cameras to Pak tribal leaders to record damage done by US drones

London, Oct 27(ANI): Jemima Khan, the former wife of cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, has donated cameras to Pakistani tribal leaders to document the death and devastation caused by US drone attacks in the country’s tribal areas, according to a media report.

A Loya Jirga (Grand Council) of Waziri tribal leaders is being held in Islamabad today, and human rights lawyers will distribute an initial batch of 50 cameras to the community leaders, The Times reports.

The tribal leaders will be asked to photograph the effects of drone strikes with the cameras, which will show when and where the pictures were taken, and the information will go to a central databank accessible to the public, the report said.

The campaign has been organised by Pakistani lawyers and human rights groups, it added.

“We need complete transparency. The burden of proof is on the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to show they are getting it right,” Clive Stafford Smith, a British lawyer of the campaign group Reprieve, was quoted as saying.

“The cameras will tell the rest of the world what is happening, and who is actually being killed in an area where the flow of information is being controlled and manipulated by the very perpetrators of the killing machine,” Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a lawyer representing civilian victims of drone attacks, said.

About 2000 people have been killed by missiles fired from remote-controlled drones that are principally operated from Creech Air Force Base in Nevada.

The 300th strike in Pakistan since 2004 was made last week, and drones are targeting suspected militants once every four days in Pakistan’s tribal areas. (ANI)

• Hekyll & Jekyll time.

• P!g should take a lil' break now.

• Its a big deal if Reprieve are invovled. Clive Stafford Smith is very respected in legal circles in the UK. It's good the drone campaign is going international. A positive outcome of all the dharnas held by PTI.

• This post is deleted!

• siddiqi73

Do you agree or disagree with drone strikes?

This is a genuine question; no undertones at all, so please just a civilized answer would do.

• lolz.. siddiqi sb koee aur logical baat karo, ye tu daikh daikh ankhein kharab honay lagi hein.

• Coghoo Raja of Raiwind can also invite his dad Raymond Davis in his jaloos to attract American Media. After all, he had spent lots of money to scure his release.

• @wise bhai,

Naraz Khan ko dekhnay say bahtar hai kay aankhein kharab hee rahain bulkay andha honay mein bhee koi muzaika nahi ;)

• Siddiqi73

Any chance of an answer to my question?

• @sting,

Oh, sorry pal....missed your question, my bad! I fully support the drone strikes as long as they are targeting those extremist elements who have made tribal areas their safe havens. What I want is the government to take ownership of these strikes and declare that such strikes are taking place with their consent, which we already know.

• Thanks for that Siddiqi73 for clarifying your position.

Perhaps you and I can agree that there is no such thing as a surgical drone strike?

From the evidence we have so far, some extremists have been killed but a disproportionate number of innocent men, women and children have been killed too. The question is would any so called 'western civilized country' accept drone strikes in their own countries? It is safe to guess the answer to that would be never.

My personal opinion is that drones are extra-judicial murder, it is the kind of thing Israelis do to the Palestinians. I find them insupportable even if they kill just a 10 innocent people in the process.

Do I take it that you are not happy with the drone strikes as they are happening now?

Even if our government takes ownership and control of the drones, it is still a savage way to conduct war in support of a just cause.

I personally do not care who organises a protest against drone strikes,or who is there, I would be the first person to support it. Speaking up against drone attacks is not the same as supporting the Taliban madness.

By committing indiscriminate murder via drones, we leave very little clear blue water between us and the reprehensible taliban murder that happens on our roads, mosques and bazars.

Thanks for your comments once again.