Asghar Khan Petition Opens - ISI Accounts Buildings on Fire

• Ooops Mr. Chief Justice ... We lost record of all payments made by ISI in fire today - General Pasha

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

̣

• Now how would Uncle Asghar Khan react to this news and how would his latest Director and facilitator Al Hajj Dharna Khan display his incensed disposition?

• LOL now they have to burn the witnesses...

• ^^^ I doubted the witnesses in the form of Asad Durrani, Mirza Aslam Baig, Roedad Khan and Brig. Billa have any credibility to vouch for. Last I heard, these old geysers were fighting amongst themselves, good on them!

• Siddiqi bhai aap nay rauf klasra ki woh short story parhi hai jis mein us nay brigadier billa ko launch kiya tha?

• @siddiqui73,

Imran Khan has been shouting about this case for too long. Now two important developments happened in PTI recently.

1- Asghar Khan joined PTI

2- Javed Hashmi joined PTI

Javed Hashmi is on list of ISI beneficiaries as per the affidavit submitted in Supreme Court.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=11990&Cat=13

Since Imran Khan firmly believes that this case is correct, then he must be both crying and laughing by looking at high left and right towards Asghar Khan and Javed Hashmi in his party.

Javed Hashmi is an electable, Asghar Khan is not. This means that burning of ISI accounts is good thing for Imran Khan :-)

• @Ali Bhai,

Rauf Klasra say kuch bhee baeed kiya ja sakta hai.....BTW, I haven't read this short story; would be obliged if you can enlighten me.

• @Rasheed Bhai,

It is also worth mentioning that in last night's 11th Hour with Waseem Badami, Dr. Arif Alvi passionately opined that who ever has taken money from ISI should be punished. Would PTI start the clean-up from their own abode and censure Javed Hashmi?

• While Jang is reporting that it was military accounts building, a ticker on Express News TV is mentioning it as accounts office of "Hassas Adara".

• @Rasheed,

Thanks for the link. I went through a quick research on my own and have a lot of stuff in front of me. Going through this data now.

• According to an estimate, the PNA movement of 1977 was funded with 5 billions by the American CIA. The rivals of Aaloo Khan (Asghar Khan nicknamed by ZA Bhutto) must investigate and bring out facts about the 1977 PNA movement. Aaloo Khan was one of the prominent leaders of PNA movement.

• MQMized Altaf Bi and Babar Ghauri & Co too uses same tactics to burn down their corruption records..

• @ Hussain Farooqi

How this estimate of 5 billion (Rs or $?) funding by CIA was arrived at?

Was some old document of CIA uncovered?

Or wikileaks made this claim?

Or it was dreamed up by Daily "Musawaat" of PPP?

• If this incident of arson is investigated by a professional, I'm sure it would bear the hallmarks of Mustaqil Quomi Museebat.

• Adonis

The expenses incurred by 9 PNA partners were estimated by the Pakistani intelligence agencies were around 4 billion dollars. The remaining one billion were supposed to be pocketed by the 9 political parties.

Siddiqi73

MQM of the present day really deserves to be titled that way, but the national tragedy is that all the political parties deserve to be titled the same way.

• @ Hussain Farooqi

Is there any such report by Pakistani intelligence agencies or it is just a rumor spread by PNA's opponents?

And where were these 4 billion spent (again are these Rupees or dollars)? in elections or in the protest movement?

As for the remaining 1 billion pocketed by the 9 parties, they must have deposited in some bank etc.? Has any such transaction been discovered? Also, how this 1 billion was divided among the 9 parties as they each had different electoral strength?

• Its strange that is been 22 years and no judge had the gutts to look into this case maybe it was being stopped by a powerful group even during Benazir, Nawaz and Musharraf period it wasn't opened. There probably is some truth behind it, 22 years ago accepting money was no big deal, Pakistan was never a genuine democracy. If we look at the History of Pakistani politics it is based on ethnicity, Sheikh Mujeeb ur Rehman was popular among bengalis. PPP is popular among Sindhis and some population of Siraiki areas in Punjabi, PML-N is traditionally restricted to Punjab, ANP for Pakhtoons, MQM is restricted mostly to Muhajirs. ISI and army have been associated with Punjab. Before IJI, PPP was the dominant party in Punjab and since the leaders of PPP were ethnically Sindhi, and physical authority being in the hands of ISI and Army. We can assume that after Zia ul haq's demise there was some effort by the Establishment to form a political party to break up the Sindhi politicians majority. Nawaz Sharif had been long associated with Establishment and Zia ul haq it is plausible that Nawaz Sharif and his fellow party members were catapulted into the political arena by unconventional means to achieve 2/3 majority (only party to do so since independence) after just 9 years in national politics. After this point N League started power politics and ruined its once close relationship with the establishment, what happened after that was a lesson for all Pakistani politicians. This is a summary of what i think of the political situation in Pakistan, if you have different opinion please share and correct me if i am wrong.

This is the factual performance of PML N and its relation with establishment in my opinion.

1997 election 137/207 NA seats (PML-Q 0 seats). Satisfactory relation with Establishment.

2002 election 14/342 NA seats (PML-Q 126, MMA 63 seats). Relationship at worst point

2008 election 91/340 NA seats. (PML-Q 59 seats). Musharraf at weaker position after killing of Benazir Bhutto and increasing US involvement on Pakistani politics for transparent political process.

In my view establishment has had large influence on political parties in Pakistan in past and it is a direct influence on electoral performance of political parties even today.

Just for your information Nawaz's performance in other General elections compared to PPP.

1988. Nawaz 54/207... PPP 93

1990. Nawaz 106/207 ... PPP 44

1993 Nawaz 73/207 ... PPP 89

your opinion

• Adoins

What we all can realize that no big movements in the Pakistani history were run without foreign aids. No political party has any local resources to cover its own expenses. All our political parties are like chess goats of foreign players.

• @Vitamin,

Just for your information Nawaz's performance in other General elections compared to PPP.

1988. Nawaz 54/207... PPP 93

1990. Nawaz 106/207 ... PPP 44

1993 Nawaz 73/207 ... PPP 89 <<<<

Can you please elaborate as what does the aforementioned elections and NS's performance constitute? If you are referring this elections in light of NS's relationship with the establishment than IJI should have won 1988 election with thumping majority since the alleged involvement of agencies in propping up anti-PPP political forces and doling out money started at this particular point.

In 1990, PPP was whacked off the incumbency and naturally NS won the elections and went on to become the PM. However in 1993, despite being at the end of the dirty stick carried by the establishment, PML (N) bagged 73 seats even while being at loggerheads with an establishment which was clearly supporting BB on those elections.