NA-96 Khurram Dastageer's Constituency

• As if the rest of Pakistan presents a picture such as this:

• Baton kay sheer

• I was under the impression that members of National Assembly are supposed to debate national issues in the parliament and enact laws and policies.

Thank you for "improving" my knowledge. Now I know that according to "Inqilabi" (or Ilzami) politics, MNAs especially if they belong to PML-N, are responsible for sweeping the streets the streets and collecting garbage that ignorant people throw outside their homes.

• Little did I realize that the rest of Pakistan presents this picture:

• Adonis this is cause he is all the time talking about development in Gujranwala on twitter :D

• So suddenly u ppl realized that MNAs are for law making.

then why Shahbaz Sharif is doing machar mar spray is that the work of CM? :D

• As per constitution, health services are provincial subject. But of course if a provincial CM is from PML-N, he has no business getting involved in it.

These pearls of wisdom that curse an MNA for not sweeping the streets and blame a provincial CM for working on provincial issues, could have only come from an Ilzami "brain" !!!

• And while public representatives are fulfilling their responsibilities to the best of their abilities, there is the Revolutionary lot:

• Adonis

"

I was under the impression that members of National Assembly are supposed to debate national issues in the parliament and enact laws and policies.

"

U r absoltuely right that the duty of MNA/MPA's legislation but what will u say when

a) municipal bodies are not present and provincial governments have imposed martial law on local bodies ?

b) Leader of the house does not show his face in the assembly for months on the pretext that he is too busy and going to his electorate (assembly) is wastage of time ?

• Hahahaha beta agr imran khan khud bhe a jaey na in NA 96 to us ke bhe zamanat zabt hu jaey ge..dont count any pti seat in whole gujranawala division...gujranwala k log kuraam k father ghulam dastagir se muhabat krtay hen..pmln ka kila ha gujranwala..

• @ sharif aadmi

Municipal bodies are present, but elected municipal bodies are indeed not present. Certainly this is the failure of provincial governments, all of them. Leaders of house must come to assemblies and take interest in house business. No arguments there.

But this thread was started to highlight the supposed responsibility of an MNA to clean the street garbage, which is utter nonsense. One must direct criticism where it is due and not shoot arrows in the dark.

• Adonis bahi,

This is what i expected from a reasonable person like u.

• @Adonis: "I was under the impression that members of National Assembly are supposed to debate national issues in the parliament and enact laws and policies."

On assen I agree, but don't you think they are liable as well as all of them receive hefty amount every year on the name of development funds for their constituencies? If their role is limited as legislatures only, then they should not be receiving all this money.

• @Dusky Mian,

Yaar, Bhai logon ko bol kar kuch Karachi mein bhee kaam karwa do!

• @ Dusky

This is yet another fallacy inculcated by merely reading the headlines. MNAs do not receive any money at all for development work.

They can only recommend infrastructure development projects like village electrification, gas supply etc. Each year an MNA can recommend projects worth up to Rs 20 Mill. On approval by govt., it is government departments like PWD etc that undertake these projects. MNAs never receive any of this money.

• Nope, not at all. They do receive development funds whichs purpose is to take care of some of infrastructure projects in their constituencies. Just google and you will find multiple news items where PM released funds to local MNA's.

• Siddiqui Bhai agar Bhai logon nay kam nahi kia hota to aap fly overs per gari nahee doratay ghoom rahay hotay.

• No. I am actually quite familiar with the process. No parliamentarian gets anything in cash.

The amounts released, are released to government departments in order to complete the infrastructure projects as recommended by parliamentarians.