Jeay Sindh Freedom March

• On March 23, 2012, the Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JSQM) staged the ‘Freedom March’ in Karachi denouncing the Pakistan Resolution of 1940 and chanting slogans in favour of ‘Sindhu Desh’.

Bashir Qureshi got full "attention" of mainstream media which he never got in the past. In the past, BQ was protesting against the MQM and Urdu speaking community and now he asks the Urdu speaking community to come forward and demand the rights of Sindh.

A week ago, Bashir Qureshi, Chairman Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JSQM), said that Punjab conspiring against Sindh. I immediately asked myself 'what did he mean by Punjab'? President is not from Punjab, PM is a Seraiki speaking, Pukhtoon and Mohajir (Urdu speaking) are coalition partners in the Center and two provincial governments.

I think Bashir Qureshi himself is part of a big conspiracy and being used against Nawaz Sharif and the PML-N. Both PPP and MQM seem upset with the growing popularity of Nawaz Sharif in Sindh. All this drama in the name of 'Freedom March' is to push Nawaz and PML-N back and that's why anti-Punjab and Punjabi slogans are BACK.

• These guys are friggin criminals. Yesterday their rally passed through Shara-e-Faisal,many people were stuck in traffic jam there,they were looted on gun point by participants of this rally.

These guys killed an innocent 13 year old tyre shop worker when he resisted and didn't close down his shop while this rally was passing through that area.

So much arms have been dumped in this city(both so called legal & illegal) and all these animals are free to strike anywhere and any place they like.. This city is turning into a jungle.. PPP govt has left it at the mercy of terrorists. Both provincial and federal interior ministers are most incompetent person in entire pakistani history..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGAuVAOgLV0

Young boy killed for resisting closure of shop

24th March, 2012

KARACHI, March 23: A teenager was shot dead for not pulling down the shutters of a puncture shop near Kamran Chowrangi in Gulistan-i-Jauhar on Friday afternoon, said police and witnesses.

The police added that a rally of the Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz was passing by the shop when the shooting took place.

Fear and tension gripped a large part of Gulistan-i-Jauhar following the incident that caused closure of shops and other businesses.

“A group of armed men, believed to be participants in the JSQM rally, went to the tyre puncture shop forcing its closure, but when the young boy resisted, he was shot in the chest,”said Gulshan Division SP Salam Shaikh.**

**Thirteen-year-old Mohammad Nadeem died on the spot while the attackers fled.

As a precautionary measure, the owners of petrol stations in parts of Gulshan-i-Iqbal and along Sharea Faisal closed down their businesses for a couple of hours.

The police said that filling stations had been closed by their owners as the rally of a political party was supposed to pass through the area.

The body of the young boy was later shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medico-legal formalities.

The victim's father, Ghulam Murtaza, later lodged an FIR (157/2012) of the murder at the Gulistan-i-Jauhar police station against unidentified gunmen.

The FIR was registered under Sections 302 (premeditated murder) and 34 (with common intention) of the Pakistan Penal Code.

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.