PTI's course of action in a split mandate scenario
Lets assume there is a split mandate in the upcoming elections with say PPP or N-LEague joining hands with some combination of ANP, MQM, MMA and Q-League to form a government, what will be PTI's policy?
a)Continue with agitation and join forces with whoever to bring down government
b)Become Ilzam Khan and keep giving kosnay and salwatein to the government
c)Resign and demand re-election
d)Blackmail government to get its own patwari and what not to win more seats in next elections
e)Do not join forces with other opposition parties against government and split opposition
f)Support government on case-to-case basis.
h)kuch lo kuch doo. Help government to pass a bill in assembly and in return demand government to first pass a bill drafted and tabled by PTI
It's simple, play a role of a proper opposition unlike the noora kushti of the Noora league.
Let ppp and Pmln form a coalition government. I find it hilarious that people blame PTI for pointing out the incompetence and corruption of the government. in west minister style government it's not mandatory for the government to rule for a set period of time, it can be brought down by no confidence motion at any time!!
bhai, what does a proper opposition mean?
In Pakistan, a proper opposition is considered as the one who conspires with establishment to bring the government down and do jalaoo ghairaoo and dharna all the times to keep the government from functioning.
Please select one of the options.
Really Obaid Sb. Tunnel vision much?
Cant Pmln resign from the assemblies en masse and force fresh elections? What are they waiting for? I can't stand the old tried tested and failed tunnel vision of those who think only establishment has some divine powers that it can magically remove governments.
Opposition can remove the government by remaining very well inside the realms of democracy and it is their duty in a democracy to safeguard the interest of the people. A viable and vibrant opposition is the only thing that separates a democracy from a dictatorship but in pakistan there is no opposition because everyone is in the government, Lutto tey phutto, and those who crowned this term are sitting with the same people that they accused of looting I.e mushahid Hussein lanti.
Pmln signed the eighteenth amendment hence guaranteeing the doom of businesses in central Punjab. All the load shedding in punjab is the fault of Pmln, they signed and agreed that other provinces will utilize energy first and than export to Punjab which is the cause of heavy loadhedding in punjab despite having the lowest number if utility defaulters and interestingly Ittfaq foundry is one of those defaulters.
Now daku aala goes around barks about load shedding but back than he was at the forefront of taking all the credits for signing and passing the eightheenth amendment. This shameless pathetic excuse for political party headed by notorious Sharif crime syndicate is robing the very foundations of this country dry.
Following role of opposition is based on thoughts of New- zealand Politician Dr. Don Brash :
Opposition represents an alternative government, and is responsible for challenging the policies of the government and producing different policies where appropriate. Following are the main functions of opposition.
1. Holding the Government accountable is one of the Oppositions Job.Any Government has to remain answerable to the public at all times, and a good Opposition can put the spotlight on serious issues and have them resolved quickly”.
2. Being in Opposition is not just about opposing the Government. “There are occasions when the Opposition agrees with the Government. If the solution proposed by the Government has wide support, and is soundly based, then it’s only natural for the Opposition to agree".
3. There are some issues “sometimes caused by Government negligence” that become the Opposition’s main platforms.
4. The other major role is proposing alternatives to what the government is doing so the public gets the benefit of political debate between different directions
5. At one end of the spectrum there are occasions on which oppositions agree with the Government. These tend to be where it is simply in the wider public interest that a problem is fixed, where the solution the government is proposing has wide support, and it is hard to disagree with it. On the other extreme, opposing a Government is most useful for an opposition in defining its own position. A Government has the advantage that its decisions matter and the Opposition does not have the platform through its own decision making process. Oppositions get a hearing when giving a view on what the Government is doing.
something is missing in Pakistani parliament... constructive opposition.
Bring awareness in public even if you are not in parliament
They will go into opposition, the aim of PTI is to change this nizam, however this will be not possible if they shake hands with either PPP or PML N, as they are the main beneficiries to this nizam.
Sit in opposition and light up the parliament everyday.
^^^^ With what? Only an MNA from Mianwali!
Intezaar Kijye. Iss dafa to 2 Mianwali ke seatein Paaki hein.
Cant Pmln resign from the assemblies en masse and force fresh elections?
قیصر صاحب/عبید صاحب
اس میں مندرجہ ذیل مضمرات نظر آتے ہیں
ہو سکتا ہے حکومت اپنی ڈھٹائی ثابت کرے اور جنرل الیکشن کو مزید آگے کرکے ضمنی الیکشن کی طرف چلی جایے کیونکہ کوئی قانونی مجبوری تو نہیں ہوگی
ہوسکتا ہے ہر کوئی ن لیگ پر تنقید شروع کردے کہ اس نے جمہوریت کو موقعہ نہیں دیا
ہو سکتا ہے پی پی پی پھر سے شہادت اور مدت مکمل نہ ہونے کے نعرے لگانے شروع کردے اور پنجاب/سندھ کارڈ بھی کھیلنے کی کوشش کرے
اور پھر وقت ہی کتنا رہ گیا ہے
البتہ ابھی جو بجلی کے خلاف جو مظاہرے شروع ہو گیے ہیں اور انکی کووریج ہو رہی ہیں یہ جلد الیکشن کروانے کے لئے دباؤ کا پیش خیمہ لگتا ہے
اپنی تو خواہش یہی ہے کہ انکی مدت مکمل ہو یا سب سیاسی قوتوں کی حمایت اورشمولیت سے اگلے الیکشن ہوں، باقی مینڈیٹ سپلٹ کے ہی زیادہ چانسز ہیں کیونکہ عوام کا کچھ نہ کچھ حصہ ہر ایک کے پیچھے نظر آتا ہے
خان صاحب جیتیں تو حکومت کریں نہیں تو اپوزیشن میں بیٹھہ کر مزید طاقت حاصل کریں اور اگلی دفعہ کے لئے راہ ہموار کریں
Too many ifs and buts and far too many assumptions. If Ilzam Khan does not boycott and then if PTI does manage to get any representation in the assembly.
But "if" that happens then most likely Ilzam Khan will try to play the role of his political ideal "Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto" and will prefer to destroy the country rather than sit in opposition.
Bro, for that contesting the elections is an operative action. All I can see is a boycott on the horizon.
So from PTI responses it looks to me
are the options.
Well, thats not very useful or constructive.
Well, thats not very useful or constructive <<<<<
I pity you for anticipating anything otherwise.