Why doesnt PMLN dissolve Punjab assembly?

• PML-N might not have enough votes to oust the Prime Minister but it can dissolve the Punjab assembly. Winning a simple majority and coming back into power would give it the much needed leverage to create a problem for Federal government.

• @secularists

Help me understand how PML (N) can declare Punjab Assembly dissolved? I thought that was Governor's decision.

• سپاہی جی

آئیں کے مطابق  چیف منسٹر گورنر کو اسمبلی توڑنے کی ائیدوایئس بھیجتا ہے  اور گورنر چوبیس گھنٹے کے اندر اندر

اسمبلی توڑنے کا پابند ہوتا ہے اور اگر گورنر اسمبلی نہیں توڑتا ہے تو چیف منسٹر کی ایڈوائس کے چوبیس گھنٹے بعد اسمبلی خود بخود ٹوٹ جاتی ہے

• u r right Bawa i... but do you know how long the interim government(ppp) can go -on ttill they go for elections and in that case what possiblities are there for giving all the ragraa to n-league. if you see IK empphasis on stopping nleague from elections and now making them resign ultimatley serves establishment and PPP to have thier game on their rterms in Punab.

• ویسے میرے خیال میں اسمبلیاں توڑ کر یا عدالت کے ذریے  انہیں آوٹ کرکے سیاسی شہید بننے کا موقع نہیں دینا چاہیے. جہاں چار سال  برداشت کیا ہے وہاں چند ماہ اور برداشت کر لینا  چاہیہے اور عوام کو فیصلہ کرنے دینا چاہیے کہ وہ کسے اقتدار کے قابل سمجھتے ہیں

• @Bawa

I am no constitutional expert, but I thought that Governor is not bound to dissolve provincial assembly on recommendation, but he can ask another member of the assembly to form government.

• sipahi bahi;

no, its mandatory for governor to act on the recommendtaion of the CM; although i strongly disgree with the idea od dissolving the punjab assembly at this time

• سپاہی جی

گورنر پابند ہے اور اگر وہ ایسا نہیں کرتا ہے تو اسمبلی چوبیس گھنٹے بعد خود بخود ٹوٹ جائے گی

• @Bawa Jee,

Slight Correction, I think its 48 hours not 24

• Article 112

112. Dissolution of Provincial Assembly:

(1) The Governor shall dissolve the Provincial Assembly if so advised by the Chief Minister; and the Provincial Assembly shall, unless sooner dissolved, stand dissolved at the expiration of forty-eight hours after the Chief Minister has so advised.

Explanation: Reference in this Article to 'Chief Minister' shall not be construed to include reference to a Chief Minister against whom a notice of a resolution for a vote of no-confidence has been given in the Provincial Assembly but has not been voted upon or against whom a resolution for a vote of no-confidence has been passed.

(2) The Governor may also dissolve the Provincial Assembly in his discretion, but subject to previous approval by the President, where a vote of no-confidence having been passed against the Chief Minister, no other member of the Provincial Assembly commands the confidence of the majority of the members of the Provincial Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution, as ascertained in a session of the Provincial Assembly summoned for the purpose

• @ anasyounus

انس بھائی

آپ درست کہہ رہے ہیں

میرے بھی ذہن میں یہ آ رہا تھا

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.