President Obama & VP Biden endorse same-sex marriage

• On Wednesday, President Obama explained, "I had hesitated on gay marriage, in part because I thought civil unions would be sufficient… And I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people the word 'marriage' was something that invokes very powerful traditions, religious beliefs and so forth."

He said his position was influenced by gay members of the military and his staff who are raising children together in monogamous relationships.

"I've been going through an evolution on this issue. I've always been adamant that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly and equally," Mr. Obama said in a television interview with ABC. "At a certain point I've just concluded that, for me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgJEYuKPyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8gWKzK1BBM&feature=related

• Is this the same Obama who was a role model for PTI when he won the elections?

• @1lhr: Was he?? do you have any news/press clipings?

• @1lhr

So you manage to drag PTI in this too.I am sorry to say u r empty or fully loaded from upper side.

Give them break brother don't fire blindly.

• No i dont collect newspaper clippings ....but if you find the relevant discussion threads around that period you will find out how PTIans were jumping up and down on Obama winning elections and replicating the victory in Pakistan under the banter of IK

....but again these were 'old' PTIans ....and i understand the party has been taken over by the 'new' crop now....

• secondly even if the wrong doings of zardari could be blamed on NS by PTIans......than why not IK be brought into something relevant to his philosophy?

• It's about same sex marriage, whether you support it or not. It's not about Imran, Nawaz Sharif or Zardari supporting or opposing Obama.

I stand by President Obama's decision to throw his weight behind same sex marriage.

You don't have to be minority or woman to voice for minority or woman rights. A rich can represent poor and often does. Similarly you don't have to be gay to demand equal rights for gays.

• After Bush/Republicans lead the US for eight years, most muslims around the globe were jumping on Obama's selection, are they PTIns too?

• no

• You dont know that, but what you know is like many Muslims around the globe PTIns also express their comfort for the Obama victory equates to Obama being a role model for them.....

This seems as logical as one can get from a nooner:)

• Can people from one province of Pakistan apply for asylum in US due to threats in Pakistani society towards their sexual preference?

• gay-lani,dum-dari and followers must be very happy today

after all yeh jamhoriat ka HUSSAN hay

• @bsobaid bahi

They certainly can. First they have to come out of closet and then clarify who exactly is threatening them because of their sexual orientation.

• Well i am not in favor of same sex marrige but i am glad to see Mr Obama has courage to say something like this in election year...

• I do not recall if Insaf Walay were having any pride on Obama's win in 2008.

But LHR jee,

You know Democrats are liberals while Republicans are religious nuts (many are just like Taliban).

So, the Democrats want you to take off your clothes but the Republican want your head off your body. If you are in the United States and these are the only two choices, which choice would you take?

As for as the gayism is concerned, one form of it is already common in many part of Pak land. It is called bachabazi or lumdaybazi.

• So US can now proudly claim they came to protect oppressed Afghani men they share universal human values with.

• Only Afghani's?

Obaid bhai we may see them soon invading northern Pakistan to liberate the oppressors their as well.

• The oppressed ones on our side are already reaching out to their brother(?) Afghanis. This might explain the curious cross border movements.

haahaahaa

• Wasay, do you know who is hitting the balls? Afghani's or our aziz hamwatan:)

• This post is deleted!