Are Bahria Town is a sinking ship .......another point of view may be wrong

• To all

Do we like to think in other way that may be BT is not able to deliver what they promised and the example can be seen in yesterday NEWS NIGHT

Bahria Town total Capital is only 220 million and liability is 28 billion mean 1 to 127 ratio.

Like a good businessman MR played very well, he start blaming big personality and saying that his project may be sunk. Once Sir Sayed said if you want to popular then start blaming big persons.

I hope serious blogger will discussed in the favor of 200,000 thousands members.

The money spent by these common is going to be disappear like Co-operative and double shah.

may be i am wrong but i feel there is biggest money scandal is on the way...........

• اسلام علیکم

طاہر نسیم بھائی جی میں کی بات سے مکمل متق ہوں اور اپ کی سوچ کو سلام کرتا ہوں

اس میں کوئی شک نہیں کہ ملک ریاض بلیک میل ہوتا رہا ہے لیکن چیف جسٹس کے ہاتھوں نہیں بلکہ جن لوگوں کے ہاتھوں وہ پہلے بلیک میل ہوتا رہا ہے آج بھی ووہی لوگ ہیں جو ملک ریاض کو بلیک میل کر رہے ہیں

ان لوگوں میں فوج کے جنرل سب سے زیادہ ہیں

ملک ریاض کاروبار دیکھا جائے تو وہ اتنا بڑا بھی نہیں ہے کہ وہ اتنا دولت مند اور شاہ خرچ بن سکے

جب آپ لوگوں کو بلٹ پروف گاڑیاں زرداری جیسے لوگوں کو مختلف ملکوں میں بڑے بڑے گھر صحافیوں کو بہوت مہنگی گاڑیاں مشرف جیسے لٹیرے کو دبئی میں گھر تحفے میں دیں گے اور چارٹر طیاروں پر سفر کریں گے بیٹا دنیا کی مہنگی ترین زندگی بسر کر رہا ہو اربوں مالیت کی گاڑیاں اس کے گیراج میں کھڑی ہوں

اور پلات کی قیمت ہو پانچ مرلہ ٣ لاکھ روپے اقساط پر آج بھی پنڈی کے ریڑی والوں سے آپ کو فائل مل جاتی ہے

بحریہ ٹاؤن کا جو حصہ مکمل ہوا ہے اس کو دیکھ کر سب کچھ مصنوئی لگتا ہے حقیت کی دنیا نہیں ہے وہ

پولیس تک اپنی رکھی ہوئی ہے ملک ریاض نے

صفائی کا انتظام اس طرح ہے کہ اگر کوئی پرندہ بھی اڑتے اڑتے کوئی گند ڈال دے تو صفائی والے اس جگہ موجود ہوتے ہیں

دنیا کے ترقی یافتہ ممالک بھی بحریہ ٹاؤن کا مقابلہ نہیں کر سکتے

پورا اسلام آباد پنڈی جب بجلی کی لوڈ شیڈنگ کی وجہ سے اندھیرے میں ہوتا ہے تو بحریہ ٹاؤن روشن اور جگ مگ کر رہا ہوتا ہے

سب کچھ ممکن ہے اگر آپ کا کاروبار اسی حساب سے آپ کو منافع دے رہا ہو

تاجی کھوکھر جیسا بندہ بھی آج اربوں کا مالک ہے بحریہ ٹاؤن کی بدولت

بھائی جی آپ نے جو اوپر کاروبار کا تخمینہ بتایا ہے میں اس سے مکمل مطمئن ہوں اور میں جانتا ہوں کہ یہ ڈریم لینڈ کسی وقت بھی بہوت بڑے مگرمچھ کی صورت میں ہماری قوم پر پر گرے گا

میری آپ سے گزارش ہے کہ اگر آپ کے پاس کچھ اور معلومات ہیں تو وہ بھی اس تھریڈ پر شیر کریں آپ کا بہوت شکریہ

• @ali Ch

Thanks some one come on serious posts, i always try to did , i got this point as said from news nite and i will try to search out some material from net if looks credible then shows link here ...........inshallah

• He openly said today that if anything happens to my company Bharia town then supreme court will be responsible..

On one hand he admits that he was bribing top judges and then he expects to walk away clean..

His son today in his reply submitted to SC said that Malik Riaz has resigned from Bahria and he is no more shareholder.. SC should ask if he is no more shareholder then how is he mantaining his lifestyle,private jet etc..

• @dear All

every good business release its report for example

for doha bank

http://www.dohabank.com.qa/1/en/Investor/AnnualReports_/AnnualReport.aspx

for MCB

http://www.mcb.com.pk/uploads/FCG/docs/Annual Report 2010_1.pdf

but annual report for bahria town

http://www.plots.com.pk/?s=bahria+town+annual+report

and reply

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

• He was whining today that why SC wants to conduct audit of Bharia town,on one side Chaudry Nisar is hitting me on the other side am being hit by SC..Poor Malik Riaz.. we should sympathize with him..

He obviously has been assured by real mastermind.. Presidency that go full throttle against SC and if they nail you,president will use his magical powers and will forgive you just like accused Rehman Malik who despite being convicted is running interior ministry ..

• yeah

a billionaire poor man

• Can one of the reasons of this episode be that the captain of the ship 'Bahria Town' realised that the ship has become too heavy and is going to sink, and thought it appropriate to blame the sinking of the ship on others? I think, it can be one of the reasons.

• adnak

Indeed,DHA islamabad's Rs62 Billion have been illegally transferred to Bharia's accounts. Now that case too have been filed in SC.

DHA paid 62 Billion to Bharia,did booking for a piece of land that they encroached and grabbed with the help of Bharia goons and instead of doing booking and collecting money once,they did booking three times with different project names.. So clearly Bharia got its hand on money for encroaching land,while DHA is now in trouble thanks to some stupid DHA officials who in connivance with Bharia transferred money to Bahria and now DHA might default from its loans.

The petition said that serious cash flow problems have forced DHA Islamabad, to seek a two-year moratorium on repayment of over Rs10 billion loans taken from a consortium of commercial banks.**

The authority landed in financial problems because of mismanagement after it had made heavy payments to third party contractors for acquisition of land, the petition said, adding the documentary evidence indicated that a formal request for a moratorium had been sent to the banking consortium.

**The petition said that Bahria Town in connivance with the DHA allegedly grabbed a chunk of land of Dadhocha Dam and then sold it under the name of DHA Phase II extension. The same land was again sold under the name of DHA Valley and again as revised DHA Phase II Extension.

Dadhocha is the place where the Punjab government had asked the Small Dam Organisations in 2002 to conduct a study for the dam because the Rawal Dam being the only source of water for Rawalpindi had almost outlived its utility.

http://dawn.com/2012/06/09/bahria-town-victims-want-to-be-party-in-arsalan-case/

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-113401-NAB-initiates-probe-into-Rs62-bn-DHA-scam

The head of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday has authorised an inquiry into a deal between Defence Housing Authority Islamabad (DHA) and Bahria Town (BT) in which over 150,000 people, including 41,000 soldiers, were swindled out of a collective Rs200 billion.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/391514/land-scandal-nab-opens-closed-inquiry-into-rs200-billion-scam/

• Nab obviously won't be able to investigate this neutrally. Malik Riaz got Nab's chief Fasih Bukhari appointed,he had also played role in granting him Navy's permission to use Bharia's name. His daughter also works in Bahria..

• Better it should be handed over to DHA ,Their Permanent Partner .

Kuchh pedaishi bhookay nangon ka pet bhart rahay ga .

• I hope every thing will become fine bcz if sumthing happens bad people like me will suffer i will be victim of that "sinking ship". Nothing goes of Malik Riaz or Zardari party or any body else but ppl like me will loose all their hard earned money.

• @coolbema

there is still time to save some of your hard earned money, jump the ship at earliest otherwise you knew what happened to victims of cooperative scandal!

• I think nothing will happened with behria town schemes and investemnets of commom people.SC must be aware of this fact and its implications as tahirnaseem pointed.

I think Maik Riaz is just tring to make a human sheild to get a clean chit.

Malik Riaz himself is not running day to day business neither is incompitant son.Its the generals behind the scene.They may see somem drop down effect in land prices but eventuatlly it will settle at their fair price becuase of the facilities Ali Ch mentioned.

Malik Riaz must not be let go only because thousands of people will be effected.He and all other involved must get what they deserve, no more no less.

• @ajhonis

You need to understand the business model of Bahria, they grab land of weak people or take control of established schemes or just get the land of govt allotted to them, where in all cases mentioned above there is no cost of acquiring the land and only development cost is there... then he sells that land and make profit of millions... now he may be asked to pay to the owners of the lands he have grabbed and to which he can say he have no money left because he have spent most of the money in bribing people... this idiot doesn't understand that had he purchased the land from their owner, the ultimate cost could have been lot lower then what he is going to pay...

• @khanamer

Ohh I see.I missed that thing.Then its really really a scary thing.Do u know any thing about bahria town lahore.My sister has a home there and she too is worried about its future.Are there any cases on that land too.

• -I believe those in possession of houses and fully developed plots will be ok.....however these will be limited in number considering the overall size of BT

-bigger problem will be for those who have bought 'files' in BT which i believe is a 'promise to have a plot or house at a point in future when the area is developed' in return for cash now.....bigger portion of BT (all over Pakistan) scam due to reasons explained by khanamer and Ali Ch above

• @ajhonis

I was forced by my in-laws ( prior to by marriage during engagement period) and my own sisters to buy house in the bahria town back in 2008, i visited the place and frankly speaking i liked the colony, and then i started my due diligence of the the scheme. went to revenue officer as a seller, went to real estate agencies as seller pretending to sell a house in the colony on the price i was told by the real sellers, i thank Allah he saved me from this scam because on of the real-estate dealers in Thokar Niaz Baig told me that i am selling a disputed piece of land and asking a very high price for that....

well that was red-flag for me... later on i found many people have problems there and ones who bought build houses by Bahria are having some kind of troubles selling it

I don't know which way the events will turn, but if your sister have house there, then there is not much to be worried

although they should look for other options

• Yes she has a house and they are living since 2010.I just talked to her and she is a bit satisfied after talking to other neighbours and they all assured her that its not a total collaps situationin their case, but yes for time being prices may fluctuate.

But she told me that concerns are definitly there.Most of her neighbours are those who came from verious countries investing all the hard earn money to get a decent living.

My sister's main concern was that if Bt towns is going tobe what we saw in Dubai.

• ^^ Your sister concerns are not baseless, lucky she have house there, things are not that rosy for the people who have bought plots of the paper/plan (files) for the sake of investments and have not built it..