Dynastic politics: MQM style

• Conversation overheard in a bus between two strangers S1 and S2.

S1. Is this a new bridge? Wasn’t there the last time I came here.

S2. Oh yes. Was made only a few months back.

S1. What is it called?

S2. Afza bridge [Afza Altaf Flyover]

S1. Is it because of the nearby Rooh Afza factory?

S2. Don’t be silly. It is the name of a little girl who lives in London.

S1. But who is that little girl. Did her dad sponsor the bridge?

S2. No no. The dad also lives in London and is out of job for the past 30 years.

S1. Then how does he survive?

S2. Tax payers’ money.

S1. Now I am getting a bit confused. How come the bridge was named after a little girl who is the daughter of a jobless person who lives in London?

S2. Very simple. She is the daughter of our party chief, and so what if he is a Londoner.

S1. Yes, but I thought your party was against ‘dynastic’ politics.

S2. Listen, stop bugging me, if you know what is good for you.

5 minutes silence

S1. Can I ask you just one more question.

S2. Yes but be brief. I will be getting down at the next stop

S1. Are there not any sensible people who objected to naming a public building, built with tax payers’ money after a little girl, who lives in London, has never seen Pakistan and has no connection with this country?

S2. Of course there are. We got to see the future. When Bilwill, Humsa, Tunis and Asslan come to power, who will we have to be their ‘coalition partner’.

The bus comes to a stop. S2 jumps out

• Altaf Bhai's relatives are not part of politics...

neither this girl will ever become a politician...

neither has Altaf Bhai ever contested for a seat...

just a mere name of a bridge does not signal dynastic politics... the party Muttahida Qaumi Movement is a symbol in front of Pakistan where ordinary talented people are supported, who cannot even pay for their election campaign.

which means you should stop spreading trash and think like an intelligent human being for once.

• how about if you appreciate the good work and how much time and effort it will save to the people of Karachi.

• one word...sick!

• Other than bridge, there is a ferry service in Karachi also by the name of "Afza". Can anyone explain her contribution to the country?

• This post is deleted!

• What is the significance of "Khurshid Begum Memorial Hall"?

Do the above two figures have one thing in common that they both use public money for their family names?

Are you sure this common love ignores that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8DHdwU1Tc&feature=related

and then in a lighter tone saying that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ApIdn_Oe5Uw

Where are the promises??

• لعنت ان سب بے غیرتوں پر جنہوں نے سیاست کو وراثت بنایا ہوا ہے

• لعنت ان سب بے غیرتوں پر جنہوں نے سیاست کو وراثت بنایا ہوا ہے

باوا بھائی

یہ تو آپ نے مجھ پر اور معذرت کے ساتھ اپنے آپ پر لعنت بھیج دی

میری اور آپکی وجہ سے ہی ہماری سیاست ، ہماری فوج، ہماری عدلیہ، ہماری نوکر شاہی، ہماری صحافت اور ہمارا ملک ایسا ہے

میں اور باوا صاحب زندہ باد

ملک گیا جہنم میں

• siddiqi73 bhai!

The Best actor is NS and SS.but now a days most of the roles are played by SS,for example travel in Bus,Take photos for news papers in actions,minar e pakistan Drama,Laptop Drama and sometime songs ,,main nahi manta.NS is preparing dialogues and is the producer of this movie.

• بھائی جی

ہم نے کبھی سیاست یا ملک میں وراثت کی حمایت نہ کی ہے اور مجھے آپ سے بھی یہی امید ہے

• NS is preparing dialogues and is the producer of this movie.

eagle_pk sahib

And what is the rating of this move:

G, PG 13, 18A or something else

On a serious note in our society, all this drama sells and every power hungry institution is good at selling this to us. We buy it they sell it and then it is

موج ہی موج فقیروں کی

• just a mere name of a bridge does not signal dynastic politics...

Oh I See!! So in MQM dictionary the bridges are exempted from dynastic politics? Can you post a full exemption list of MQM that are not considered in dynastic politics? So we overlook that next time.

• @karim

what signals dynastic politics are the members that are elected... not names of bridges, im sure you are smart enough to understand.

• MQM has totally revolutionalize the dynastic politics.

Naming bridges and flyovers upon your children are no more the criteria for being accused of dynastic politics.

The hypocracy of their argument does not stop amazing me.

• Did Afza Sent the gifts to the victim of floods from her pocket? i believe Altaf is living on donation money and have no other source of income ??? am i wrong?

• What about appointing father in law as CM advisor for health, another exception ?

Faisal Gabol appointed advisor health

http://www.mqm.org/English-News/members_of_the_parliamentarians.htm

And when Faiza Gabol started divorce then

Altaf Hussain’s father-in-law placed under house arrest?

• Faisal Gabol claims he has been under pressure ever since his daughter developed “domestic issues in London”

By Mansoor Khan

KARACHI: Former Sindh advisor and father-in-law of Mutthaida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain, Faisal Gabol, claimed Friday that he has been placed under house arrest by the provincial government.

Gabol, while speaking to Daily Times on the phone from his residence, said he was being detained but failed to give any reasons why. He said he did not know why he was not being allowed to leave his house. Gabol also said that he did not have any faith in his party, which is in power in Sindh.

“Gizri SHO Irfan Kobra came to my house this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. and told me that he had orders to detain me in my house. This is sheer harassment, and this is not the first time that the government has proceeded against me. I was also stopped from travelling to London on May 28,” Gabol said. He said that the SHO told him that he was simply following orders, which were issued by SSP Amin Yousfzai.

“I have been under pressure since my daughter developed some domestic issues in London,” Gabol said.

Gabol said three police mobile units were stationed outside his house along with 25 police personnel, some of which included officials of the CID.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\06\03\story_3-6-2006_pg12_4

• Did Afza Sent the gifts to the victim of floods from her pocket? i believe Altaf is living on donation money and have no other source of income ??? am i wrong?

No you are absolutely wrong!!!

Extortion or "bhatta" is purely halal and a shariah compliant source of income which you the blind followers of "morosi siyasat" will never understand.

• "Oh I See!! So in MQM dictionary the bridges are exempted from dynastic politics? Can you post a full exemption list of MQM that are not considered in dynastic politics? So we overlook that next time."

first of all, there is no thing called MQM dictionary. yes, what really signifies a truely dynastic party is the party's hierarchy. for example, z.a.bhutto to benazir bhutto to zardari to bilawal. similar story for sharif khandaan.

MQM is the first party in Pakistan to actually send the common man in the senate, people who could never afford a ticket. The naming of a bridge cannot change that fact. can you believe that Mustafa Kamal was a telephone operator who used to do cleaning jobs "jhaadu" at nine-zero.

i suggest you to be brave, courageous, and think as a neutral without preconceived notions. just the naming of a bridge does not matter to me as a lover of Karachi, what matters is that there is progress in infrastructure.

• what a lot of people are unable to comprehend is the love and regard for Altaf Bhai within MQM ranks. AH has won this respect by winning support from street to street, neighborhood to neighborhood in Karachi. It is sheer hardwork, good leadership and dedication that has resulted in MQM. The MQM workers are most dedicated in Pakistan and for them supporting Altaf Hussain financially is not a big deal and not seen as problem.

giving charity on the name of your child is not an unheard concept.