A question about Islamic calendar

• We Muslims use lunar calendar while developed world use solar calendar. My simple question is that why can we not adopt lunar calendar which is more accurate than the lunar calendar? Is there any Hukam in Holy Quran that Muslims should stick to lunar calendar?

The question comes to my mind when I see confusion and in-fight on sighting of moon. Valued comments of learned members, especially of member ‘fear’ will be appreciated.

• The Noble Quran, undoubtedly, serves as a clear and irrefutable confirmation and evidence that the Lunar Calendar is indeed the most accurate calendar of all, and it is the calendar that Allah Almighty wants us to use according to the Noble Quran.

The lack of unity of Muslims in determining Eid day etc is not due to any nauzubillah short comings in lunar or hijri calendar but the problems of Muslims. It is mandatory to have one rule and one Khilafa. Allah is asking Msulims to follow one Quran, ad one state as it existed until 1923 Ottoman Khilafa. Although Mughals were contemporaies of Otomans, nevertheless they recognised Ottomans as the Khalifa albeit not orthodox Khilafa

http://www.answering-christianity.com/lunar_calendar_miracle.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUOdWed2XKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwSlSDUGDs&feature=related

• By the way georgian calendar is NOT evil just another method of noting dates.

In Surah Yasin Alquran, Ayah 38 and 39 says that the path for the sun and moon is fixed. They can not violate the course set by God. And it is well known scientific fact that when moon can be visible in a locality and when not. So a fixed calendar can be generated for centuries and it would be correct. So this joke of having three or many eids can be avoided.

My question to people who understand astronomy and geography, is it really true that moon would be visible to KPK people on days other than rest of Pakistan. Logic says that KPK is on same longitude as rest of us. So it should be on the same day (or actually evening). Correct me if I am wrong!

الله ہم سب کو عقل عطا فرماے آمیں

• Are zalaan smart banne ki koshish mat kar

zi0nists ki wiki ka link bakwaas hai. Kuch scientific link bata agar aqal hai khopdi me

• میرے ننھے سے پالے سے زالان بے بی

میرے منے ، کم از کم اپنی نیپی تو بدل لو آج عید کے دن ، جہاں بھی جاتے ہو گندی نیپی کی وجہ سے بد بو پھیلا دیتے ہو . چھی چھی چھی ، گندہ بے بی

ف ج

• Scientific research is mostly carried out by Jews and funded by Zionists so its unreliable on that grounds for momineen.

• لیکن میرے خیال میں اکثر مسلمان ملکوں میں بھی روز مرہ کے امور کے لئے شمسی کیلنڈر ہی استمعال ہو رہا ہے، اور یہ مسئلہ زیادہ ترعیدوں پر ہی دیکھنے میں آتا ہے

ویسے دونوں کلینڈروں میں دس/گیارہ دن کا فرق ہونے کی وجہ سے مختلف موسموں میں رمضان و عید والی بات اچھی ہے

• یحییٰ

ظاہر ہے تم تو اپنے آقاؤں کے بنائے ہوۓ کلینڈر کو ہی صحیح کہو گے

اور ہاں تم نے ابھی تک افتخار اور باوا جی کے سوال کا جواب نہیں دیا ،

اطلاعا عرض ہے کہ ایران میں انکا اپنا شمسی کلینڈر استمعال ہوتا ہے جو کہ تقریبا تین ہزار سال سے بھی پرانا ہے اور اسی طرح ہندوستان میں بھی جو تہواروں کیلئے کلینڈر استمعال ہوتا ہے وہ بھی تقریبا اڑھائی ہزار سال پرانا ہے

لیکن کوڑھیوں کو خرابی صرف اور صرف اسلامی کلینڈر میں نظر آتی ہے .

کیا کریں کوڑھ پن کے مرض میں شدت کی وجہ سے اول فول بکے بغیر رہ بھی تو نہیں سکتے

ابھی کسی کوڑھی سے بیساکھی یا کسی اور تہوار کا پوچھ لو تو فورا ہندی کلینڈر کا حوالہ دے گا لیکن اسلامی تہواروں پر موت پڑ جاتی ہے

ف ج

• The Islamic calendar is not to be confused with a lunar calendar that is based on astronomical calculations.

The latter is based on a year of 12 months adding up to 354.37 days. Each lunar month begins at the time of the monthly "conjunction", when the Moon is located on a straight line between the Earth and the Sun. The month is defined as the average duration of a rotation of the Moon around the Earth (29.53 days). By convention, months of 30 days and 29 days succeed each other, adding up over two successive months to 59 full days. This leaves only a small monthly variation of 44 minutes to account for, which adds up to a total of 24 hours (i.e. the equivalent of one full day) in 2.73 years. To settle accounts, it is sufficient to add one day every three years to the lunar calendar, in the same way that one adds one day to the Gregorian calendar, every four years.[26] The technical details of the adjustment are described in Tabular Islamic calendar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar

• Yahya,

I am talking about scientific discoveries in line with Quran and Sunnah and not with secular banda ki aulaad education. They are still plenty of them. If any scientific discovery conflicts with Quran, it is to be discarded.

• Bin Baz the big Sheik of Saudi Arabia said the earth is flat. This goes against the conventional understanding of Earth being not flat.

• کافروں سے پوچھ لينا تھا عيد کب ہوگي- کافروں کے عقيدہ (سائنس) کے مطابق اسلام آباد ميں چاند انيس کو نکلے گا تو عيد بيس کو ہوئي- اسميں اتنا مسئلہ کيا ہے سوائے اسکے کہ دو فلانوں ميں فلانی حرام-

Moonrise and moonset in Islamabad

Date Moonrise Moonset Time

19 Aug 2012 07:09 19:33 13:24

20 Aug 2012 08:12 20:09 14:14

21 Aug 2012 09:18 20:46 15:05

22 Aug 2012 10:24 21:28 15:58

23 Aug 2012 11:30 22:13 16:54

24 Aug 2012 12:36 23:04 17:51

25 Aug 2012 13:39 - 18:50

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?obj=moon&n=106

• Mufti Muneeb Exposed ,There was full moon on 28th of Ramzan

http://permaculturecottage.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/full-moon-equinox-006.jpg

• EasyGo jee

لیکن میرے خیال میں اکثر مسلمان ملکوں میں بھی روز مرہ کے امور کے لئے شمسی کیلنڈر ہی استمعال ہو رہا ہے، اور یہ مسئلہ زیادہ ترعیدوں پر ہی دیکھنے میں آتا ہے

It is true that we use solar calender in almost all the matters of our lives. Should we not stick to one system, instead of two systems? I mean we should start using lunar calender for all the matters of our lives. بیک وقت دو کشتیوں کی سواری ہمارے لیے پرشیانی کا باعث بنتی ہے

• زمانہ کیوں تبدیل ہوتا رہا ہے تاریخ میں

کیا مذہب اتنا کمزور ہے کے زمانے کی رہنمائی نہ کر سکے

کیا صدیوں پہلے انسان کے پاس وو سہولیات موجود تھیں جو آج ہیں

آج اگر چراغ کو چھوڑ کر بجلی کے بلب استمال ہو رہے ہیں

تو دیوں میں ابھی بھی گھی کیوں ڈالا جاتا ہے

کیا ہم اپنے فرسودہ رسومات سے اپنے آپ کو دنیا میں پیچھے نہیں چھوڑ رہے

• مولانا ہو یا پنڈت بجلی کے ہر پرزے سے اپنی تقریریں جھاڑتے رہتے ہیں

مگر مرتی کے سامنے آج بھی دیا گھی کا جلے گا

اور چاند صرف مولانا صاحب کی آنکھ ہی دیکھ سکتی ہے جس پر اکثر موٹا چشمہ چڑھا ہوا ہوتا ہے

جتنا مذہب کو اور مذہب کے ماننے والوں کا ستیا ناس پنڈت اور مولوی نے کیا ہے کسی اور نے نہیں

• Should we not stick to one system, instead of two systems?

====

ادناک جی

شائد غلط ہی ہو لیکن میرے خیال میں یہ مسئلہ اتنا بڑا نہیں جتنا بنا لیا جاتا ہے اور شائد مطلب کے معنی بھی پہناۓ جاتے ہیں، عید کے دن گزر جائینگے تو سبکو بھول بھال جائیگا، باقی جس کو زوال ہو اسکا ٹھٹھا ہر طرح سے لگتا ہے اور یقیناً اپنا قصور بھی ہوتا ہے موقع فراہم کرنے میں

ویسے اسطرح کی اور مثالیں نہیں ہیں؟ جیسے کہ ڈالر عالمی کرنسی کے ساتھ مقامی کرنسی کا ہونا، انگلش انٹرنیشنل زبان کے ساتھ مقامی/مادری زبانوں کا ہونا

میرے خیال میں ایک سسٹم پر جانا کاروباری/عملی طور پر مشکل جبکہ جہاں ضرورت ہو دو مختلف عالمی اور مقامی سسٹمز کو چلانا ممکن لگتا ہے

• Mullahs policy to keep religion and science apart is understandable and justified. Their marriage will outdate religion. Today if science decides when fast should begin and break. Tomorrow it will say fasting routines are unhealthy altogether. Mullahs anticipate this and try to maintain distance between science and religion.