90% of toys sold this Eid were toy guns

• Almost 90% of toys sold this year on eid were toy guns,riffles,pistols and machine guns. Small children were roaming around on streets in groups with these realistic looking riffles and hand guns.

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

ֹ

Negative trend of buying toy arms emerges on Eid

By Asad Farooq

KARACHI: On the vivid occasion of Eid, children were seen with toy guns and pistols in their hands at apartments, streets and roadsides of the city, reflecting a negative trend.

A large number of children spent their Eidi and pocket money on purchasing toy arms on the happy eve of Eid. These toy arms were easily available at stalls, shops and markets across the city. It is pertinent to mention here that that trend was on the rise when the city was being targeted by terrorists since over a decade. During this period, majority of innocent lives were claimed by ethnic based violence and gang wars. A plastic toy arm was available at the market at Rs 30 to Rs250 as per size and quality. The bulk market of such toys is Bolton Market. These toys were imported from China.

Aamir, a shopkeeper, at Pakistan Chowk area, told Daily Times that he was selling toy arms owing to high demand by children. “A large number of children came to me and asked for toy guns so I brought these toys for them,” he said. Ali, a child, told this scribe that he preferred to purchase a toy gun to other toys like car and bat. “All my friends had also purchase toy guns,” he added.

A civil society representative and Joint Action Committee (JAC) convener Mir Zulfiqar Ali said that it was a negative trend. He said that the society should take it serious and make joint efforts to end that trend. He further said that the JAC would launch a drive against toy arms. He concluded that business community should be engaged and sensitized to oust that trend from the society.

• Daily Times

• یہ والدین کی ذمہ واری ہے کہ معصوم بچوں کو مہلک ہتھیار نما کھلونوں سے دور رکھیں

یہ حکومت کی ذمہ واری ہے کہ مہلک ہتھیار نما کھلونوں کو مارکیٹ میں نا آنے دیں

لیکن کیا کیا جایے اس معاشرے کا جہاں مہلک ہتھیاروں کو مرد کا زیور کہا جاتا ہے - جہاں مہلک ہتھیاروں سے جاہل ہوائ فایرنگ کرتے نظر آتے ہیں - معمولی تنازعات پر فایرنگ کر کے لوگوں کو ہلاک کر دیا جاتا ہے - اور پھر اس بات ایمان رکھنے کا دعوای بھی ہے کہ ایک انسان کا قتل پوری انسانیت کا قتل ہے

• In various agencies of FATA, literacy rate among men is 2%-3% and women was 1%-2%. In past few years over 500 schools have been destroyed which will bring down women literacy rate to 0% and we are talking about hundreds of thousands of children here. A whole generation lost. What will be our future?

• bsobaid jee

"What will be our future?"

I see it as continuous CHAOS, killings and destruction for a long time to come.

• The solution in my mind is given the resources and gravity of the problems we should simply give up trying to solve these problems one by one. We should instead concentrate on raising the standard of university education and promote immigration of Pakistanis.

When money will flow into Pakistan, people will gradually move towards constructive activities.