If PTI wins next election!!

• Let's assume (just assume, don't get mad at me) we have PTI 2/3rd majority after next elections and time has come to form the next government. Now considering PTI has zero strength in the senate and PTI, as a policy, will never enter into alliance with any party or person already in the present government (federal or provincial govt plus FATA members who are always on govt side), we are going to have a big problem. According to the 18th amendment, the federal cabinet should at least have 1/3rd members from the senate meaning PTI will either have to make an alliance with corrupt people or sit in the opposition with 2/3rd majority. Now that will be another Guinness book world record in Pakistan's name. yahoo!!

• They will amend the clause with their 2/3rd majority.

• and who will vote for the amendment in the senate ;)

• @Bechari Awam- If you seriously believe what Zakat Chor P0nka Khan says, then you definitely need a MRI done. Even in the wildest expectations he gets 1 seat and Abpara guys want to plant him as the PM,this shamless creature will not hesistate to t.. c.. Zardari for that, leave alone MQM who are their ideological brothers.Mind my words

• They will amend the clause with their 2/3rd majority.

عبید صاحب۔۔۔۔۔۔

میرے خیال میں غالباً آئینی ترمیم کے معاملے میں صرف قومی اسمبلی کی دو تہائی اکثریت کافی نہیں ہوتی بلکہ سینٹ سے بھی پاس کروانا ہوتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔

• Actually that is true.

You dont need to form a coalition to include opposition members in cabinet.

PTI will negotiate names with the opposition to include in cabinet.

• http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/constitution/part11.html

Did PCO Ch Don read that??

(5) No amendment of the Constitution shall be called in question in any court on any ground whatsoever.

(6) For the removal of doubt, it is hereby declared that there is no limitation whatever on the power of the Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) to amend any of the provisions of the Constitution.]

• a very pertinent point sheep bhai. no only PTI but any party winning next elections will have to make some sort of alliance with ppp for any legislation.

in the house of 108 ppp has 42 senators leaving 66 senators behind. and for legislation you need 72 senators.so practically "ZERO" legislation if PTI wins next general elections till the time they do "MUK MUKA" with ppp :-)

• @Intelligent

I have 100% belief on words coming out of IK's mouth. When he says it is a done deal then who are you to argue. He is the man of principles and never back-track, ever!!

@bhai siddiqi73

you share my name and presumably yob so being my lost twin brother, don't embarrass me by putting that 1996 clip of IK claiming landslide again. BTW do you know, when IK said in 1996 that his party will sweep next election, he never said it was time-bound.

• New name for "muk muka" is "negotiation" . nice change BS bhai ;-)

• Current Senate will retire three years into next government's term.

• half of senate will retire that was elected in 2008. rest half to continue till 2017.

• @ZSD

Never argue with trolls. They are the final and ultimate authority on constitutional matters. If @BS says that it is 100% then it is 100%.

• جہاں تک مجھے یاد پڑتا ہے تو میں نے غالباً کہیں پڑھا تھا کہ بی بی کی پہلی حکومت میں چونکہ پنجاب کی وزارتِ اعلیٰ میاں نواز شریف کے پاس تھی اور پیپلز پارٹی کے پاس سینٹ میں اکثریت نہیں تھی لہٰذا بی بی کے پہلے دور میں صرف دو قوانین ہی پاس ہوسکے تھے۔۔۔۔۔۔

اسی طرح میاں نواز شریف امیر المومنین کے نام سے مشہور ترمیم کرنے کی کوشش کی تھی تو اس وقت میاں صاحب کے پاس بھی سینٹ میں دو تہائی اکثریت نہیں تھی۔۔۔۔۔۔

جہاں تک آئینی ترامیم اور قانون سازی کی بات ہے تو سینٹ کی اہمیت سے انکار نہیں کیا جاسکتا۔۔۔۔۔۔

• عمران کے ساتھ سابقہ جماعتی یا پرویزی لوگ ہیں مجھے لگتا ہے کہ اگر عمران حکوت مل گئی تو اسٹبلشمنٹ اور آئی ایس آئی اس کو کہے گی " چل بیٹا سیدھی شرافت سے سائیڈ میں ہو جا " اور عمران کو ٹھڈا مار کر وہ طبقہ اقتدار میں آ جائے گا جسے پچلے الیکشن میں بری طرح شکست ہوی ، دہشتگردوں کے مزے ہو جائینگے ، عمران کو پتا ہی نہیں چلے گا ہو کیا رہا ہے

• @BA,

Bro, you have effectively outlined a trap set up by the corrupt status quo to halt change and use this as an argument. This is part of the mukmuka between status quo parties.

Now since it's clear that it's a trap, it has to be broken one or the other way. Imagine what will the Awam do to these "senators" in case they put undue hurdles in the way of a 2/3rd majority government legislating in the interest of the public. I don't think these crooks will have the ability to stay against a popular wave, which will be a certainty in case of such a landslide electoral success of PTI.

The decent senators, if any, will support any legsilation in the interest of people and might even defy party policy. In fact, the then toothless and dwarf parties would not have the ability to do mischeifs.

And IF they still do it, then a 2/3rd majority wave will find its own way, and it won't be pleasant for the senators or their parties.

Don't underestimate the power of people.

BTW, a lot of our problems can be dealt with within current legislation, but I agree that senate will need to be dealt with sooner or latter and it will certainly be done.

• @InsaafIk

I guess you are living in a dream world. It's better you wake up soon and see the real world. If a person like AZ can make this super powerful SC a virtual lame duck, do you expect PPP members defying for any thing else. BTW I am talking about a stage before legislation which is forming the next govt. You can't legally and constitutionally form a govt even if you get 2/3rd majority unless you eat your words and start doing compromise with all the presumed corrupt people.

• ^^^Government is like water for these bad fish.

They will make a donkey their father for power and will not recognize their true father for the same.

So why Zardari is surviving is because he has given a bone to all and he is keeping his rule in tact.

In your case, now ruling parties will not have power and and no chance of it you will see big changes.

• Existing laws are sufficient to drag chors of senate in courts and chors of other parties.

This will be a quick scan process and will leave many SEATS vacant bfore senate elections.

During this time chors of senate may also be threatened for any Legal actions to compel them to vote in favour of PTI amendments.

MEDIA CHORS management by PTI is a good example to kick chors in-order to get them on right TRACK.

Plz SADGI se kam na lain.

PTI knows also very well how to HIT CHORS.....

:)

:)

• ^^^Very good argument.

Legal clean up for Senate!!