Jain tu jain kahan - جائیں تو جائیں کہاں

• First of all, my apologies for a bit long post.

It all started in March 2007, I was working abroad and one of my colleagues told me that Pervez Mushraf has deposed your chief justice. I was outraged and I am sure many of you were feeling the same at that time. Then started a long struggle against Mushraf in the meantime elections came, by then I was back in Pakistan. I was excited and want to see how people will show their power (Awam kee taqat) to a dictator. I was also excited to vote and for me the only choice at that time was Imran khan because he had a principal stance for so many years and he was also persistent towards his stance throughout the years. But he boycotted the elections and I was disappointed but still a supporter of Imran (but not a follower like insafpk or tusnami members of this forum). Unfortunatly, I lost my hope in Imran when some time in the past he said that he cannot bring angels to politics of Pakistan and he has to include people from other parties. After he held a grand jalsa in Lahore, a flock of ibn-al-waqat started to join PTI, Imran welcomed them with both hands. From here my worries start.

Since elections are coming and you have to remember that almost 20% to 40% of voters in Pakistan has no strong association with any political party I am one of those people.

My question is people like me should vote for whom.

1. Imran was a hope of change but not any more now PTI is a party of Lgharis, Bosans qureshis, and now Sheikh Rasheed and might be Aamir Liquat ali as well. (Hashmi is the only a credible person to me)

2. I do not trust Nawaz Shrif, although his first tenure was very good but second time he blew every thing and put a negative impact on pakistan and he was also responsible to bring the curse of Musharraf and Zardri on us.

3. PPP I have to mentally unstable to consider them.

My current thinking is that I will vote for a person in my constituency who has best personal character and moral values. I do not care if he wins or lose I have to go with my inner honesty by leaving behind the dynamics of politics.

I would also welcome if some one has better suggestions .

• Let me know ur "constituency"....but my thinking is that in lots of constituencies People with character and moral values dont even get party tickets...... other wise we wouldnt see

Dashti, Sharifs, Zardaries type people in assemblies..

Am i wrong?

One option is run for election as independent...but do you have money and resources to do that?

• You are right political parties are not going to give tickets to people with high morals, and t my point is I am not going to vote for any party I will vote to a person I find honest, even he/she is independent, and if there is no such candiate then I have a vlid reason for not to vote,

No I do not have enough money, resources and time to compete in elections as an independent.

• Difficult but still not voting is not a good option. In my view, some realistic approach should be followed like one should vote for any party's candidate who individually is better say on a criteria like this:

• has done something good at least for the constituency

• humane and social

• approachable and helpful for the voters

• @easy go brother it is a good suggestion but in rural areas people do vote by using same criteria, unfortunately, this has not brought any change.

• It comes in the hadith that when a person is compelled to choose between two evils,he should choose the lesser.

• ^^^the Hadith is to this effect and are not the exact words

• Also by compelled means that when a person is confronted by two choices and he has to make one.

• but here I have third choice as well and that is not to vote.

• @SAIT

بھائی ہم تو یہ سوچ کر دل کو تسلی دے لیتے ہیں کہ پہلی ایک جمہوری حکومت اپنا وقت پورا کرکے اقتدار کسی اور کو ٹرانسفر کرے گی، تھوڑا مزید دیکھ لیں گے کہ دلیل یہی دی جاتی ہے کہ جمہوریت کو چلنے نہیں دیا جاتا جبکہ فوجی دس دس سال بلا شرکت غیرے براجمان رہتے ہیں

• وزیرستان جاؤ ، تورہ بورہ جاؤ ، قدھار جاؤ - ملا عمر کی شریعت آپ کی منتظر ہے

• بھائی دوسرے تھریڈ کا غصہ ادھر تو نہ نکالیں

:)

چلیں پی پی کو ووٹ ڈال دینگے، اب خوش، اب کوئی اچھی سی پوسٹ کریں

:)

• ھائی ہم تو یہ سوچ کر دل کو تسلی دے لیتے ہیں کہ پہلی ایک جمہوری حکومت اپنا وقت پورا کرکے اقتدار کسی اور کو ٹرانسفر کرے گی، تھوڑا مزید دیکھ لیں گے کہ دلیل یہی دی جاتی ہے کہ جمہوریت کو چلنے نہیں دیا جاتا جبکہ فوجی دس دس سال بلا شرکت غیرے براجمان رہتے ہیں

@all

Type in Urdu font or write in Eglish. Non-compliant post will be deleted. For help click the following link:

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/how-to-type-in-urdu-script

-Admin

• @SAIT

but here I have third choice as well and that is not to vote.

But if you don't vote then you cannot complain about the conduct of the following government.

You have no choice but to choose the lesser evil. By not voting for the greater evil (PPP) you will be expressing your decent and ousting the greater evil, hence participating in the evolutionary process of democracy.

• @SLEP But last time I vote and still the evil is in government, I will wait, I am by no mean against democracy but how could I vote someone who is proven criminal.

• بندہ اندر سے پورا طالبان، نا جمہوریت پر یقین رکھتا ہو اور نا ہی ملکی قانون پر اور پوچھ رہا ہو کہ میں کیسے ووٹ دوں ، ہا ہا ہا

• @SLEP But last time I vote and still the evil is in government, I will wait, I am by no mean against democracy but how could I vote someone who is proven criminal.

If you wait or vot for PTI(GHQ) then evil will prevail :)

• بندہ اندر سے پورا طالبان، نا جمہوریت پر یقین رکھتا ہو اور نا ہی ملکی قانون پر اور پوچھ رہا ہو کہ میں کیسے ووٹ دوں ، ہا ہا ہا

@Zalaan HAHAHA so angry please try to bring some substance to your posts. I told in my deleted posts that I strongly believe in democracy but I am not ready to vote a crook (my posts were deleted because I used unsupported fonts). I am no Talban and I hate to be associated with them but alhamduliiah I am not a liberal fascist like you. Anay way what ever I am it is none of your business .But I am enjoying and singing

دل سے اٹھتا ہے یا جاں سے اٹھتا ہے

یہ دھواں سا کہاں سے اٹھتا ہے

Hahahahahaha

Try to bring some substance in your posts this is brotherly advice.

hahahahah

• @SLEP I strongly believe most of the problem we are facing right know are because of military, we paid them with our flesh of bone we have to cut education and health budjets to feed them and they are more involved in politics than defending the country, I hope some day a common person in pakistan is just a civilian and not a bloody civilian in the eye of military establishment. No I am not in the favour of any GHQ supported party, but I think it would be harsh to say that PTI is supported by GHQ because there is no evidence to support this claim, on the other hand, I also know why many people in pakistan have the feeling that PTI is supported by GHQ.

• ضیاء الحق بھی یہی کہتا تھا کہ میں جمہوریت پر یقین رکھتا ہوں ، اگر حمید گل سے بھی پوچھو گے تو یہی کہے گا