What we have lost

• A nation's progress lays on the basis of the reforms right after its creation...i.e Reforms of Abrahim Lincon, Mustafa Kamal etc.. But unfortunately right from its creation Pakistan indulged in lagacy norms i.e intolerance, sectarianism, feudalism, own-interest, and most Importantly religiuos extremism and religious involvement in Politics, Foreign Policies and Interior Policies instead of removing these.. Leaders and religious clerics used religion , masses religious emotions as an armor to strengthen thier domination... Worst example of ths phenomena is Zia's era..

We have a far better Pakistan 'a peaceful and progressive place to live' free from extremism, illiteracy, sects, terrorism, hatred and intolerance if our initial leaders had made reforms like Mustafa Kamal beyond thier own interest...I'm not talking about to eliminate Religion but to limits it to individual capacity..

These reforms like

1.Religion study through GOVT institutions or somehow in madrassas but strictly under GOVT control

2.Ban on hatred, sects study meterial

3. Compulsory Formal and Modern education

4. Ban on religiously misuse of loudspeakers, media, CDs, cassettes, Magazines, books and corner meetings etc

Religious extremism creates volnerable societies, illiteracy, intolerance in 'sectarianism based' country like Pakistan, 35% from total students study in Madrassas in Arabic(they don't know wht they r being taught) caz its free of cost..

We can still get rid of these norms if we have honest, capable and courageous leaders though we will have to face Mulla's strict,and hillarious demonstrations but it will fade away gradualy....

I have a lot to write about it but I can't for the moment but I'll try to discuss it with u more

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• if we have honest, capable and courageous leaders

Secularism PK sahib

Indeed true very true. However you have a "if" at the start and then "honest, capable and courageous leadership' at the end. In a normal society it is not much to ask fro but in our society perhaps bit too much.

By the way what is the possibility that "we" the public will support this leadership when they need our support?

Secondly from where this leadership will emerge? If from amongst us then do we ourselves have these qualities which we expect from our leadership?

• @Hypocratic

I used 'if' caz till now we hav'nt a single Leader who could run Pakistan byond his/her own interest... I think Banzir Bhutto and Parvez Musharaf had inclination to clean Pakistan from extremism but they too compromised with extremist forces solely to strengthen their power....so I skeptical for future too...

By the way what is the possibility that "we" the public will support this leadership when they need our support<<<<<<<<<<

I've already mentioned tht we have such norms in our blood(Majority) but mostly people won't come to street except some religious "thekidar" if our leadership takes stand and it is important, Mullas will do destructive demonstration but it will fade away..

and as for emerging leadership, yes leaders like Mustafa Kamal, Nelson Mandela and Abraham Lincoln emerged from very minority but they took stand and remained determined without any compromise for their own interest