Drones are legal, ethical and wise - WH spokesman J. Carney

• A confidential Justice Department memo concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” -- even if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S.

The 16-page memo, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News, provides new details about the legal reasoning behind one of the Obama administration’s most secretive and controversial polices: its dramatically increased use of drone strikes against al-Qaida suspects abroad, including those aimed at American citizens, such as the September 2011 strike in Yemen that killed alleged al-Qaida operatives Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan. Both were U.S. citizens who had never been indicted by the U.S. government nor charged with any crimes.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-exclusive-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite

• ایک طرف ہمیں دنیا بھر کے مجاہدین کی میزبانی کا لطف بھی اٹھانا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ انہیں بیوی بچوں سمیت اپنے قبائلی علاقوں میں آباد بھی کرنا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ اور پھر ان مجاہدین کو امیریکہ کے خلاف جہاد بھی کرنا ہے کہ فرض ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔

لیکن۔۔۔۔۔۔

جب امیریکہ ان مجاہدین کو نشانہ بناتا ہے تو یہ رونا پیٹنا بھی ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔

• Shirazi Sahib,

Without wasting time about the legal or ethical status of Drones,

I honestly understand, this is one of the most effective Technologies to kill and control terrorists and criminals, who are hiding like Cockroaches.

• very true

• Now they get the Saudi seal of authenticity as well;)

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/secret-cia-drone-base-in-saudi-arabia-revealed-1

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• If Drones are legal, ethical and wise then killing innocent babies, children and women should also be legal, ethical and wise!!!

• This post is deleted!

• Terrorists, who are so cruel to attack a 16 years old Malala Yousafzai,

intentionally use innocent babies as shelter.

Unfortunately, during War or Jihad, innocent’s lives get victims, also.

• Terrorists, who are so cruel to attack a 16 years old Malala Yousafzai,

intentionally use innocent babies as shelter.

Unfortunately, during War or Jihad, innocent’s lives get victims, also.

@Sheikh sahib

I am praying for you and your family good health and safety but

What will be your feelings if some one kill your innocent family member on same argument?

Please come with honest words.

BTW i am against Taliban,drones and all coward who are killing in the name of religion,democracy and war on terror.

Again i am praying for you and your family's well-being.

• Osaka Boy,

It is not that simple.

Those innocents killed in drone are family members of terrorists of people giving refuge to Alqaida or Taliban fugitives.

If I was a host of terrorists, I would understand the risk involved in letting the Alqaida leaders sleep in my guest room. I will keep my family away from these people.

But Bhai meray problem yeh hay keh, these people provide refuge to known terrorists and have no shame in doing so. They even don't realize in putting their own families in danger while trying to save Taliban/ Alqaida animals...

and no need to pray for my family... I don't provide refuge to criminals... and I keep them away from suspected terrorists...

• This post is deleted!

• Those innocents killed in drone are family members

اس کو کہتے ہیں لبرل انتہا پسند ۔ اساکا بوئے ایک لبرل ہے جو طالبان کے تو خلاف ہے لیکن بے گناہ بچے بچیاں جو ڈرون حملوں میں مارے جاتے ہیں اس پر اس کا دل دکھتا ہے لیکن لبرل انتہا پسند ایسے ظالم ہیں کہ ان کا کہنا ہے کہ یہ ان پچے پچیوں کا قصور ہے کہ وہ ایسے علاقے میں پیدا ہی کیوں ہوئے ہیں جہاں ڈرون حملے ہوتے ہیں ۔۔۔۔۔۔

بھائی ظلم کی بھی کوئی حد ہوتی ہے ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

• Dear osakaboy,

During this type of War/Jihad when the battle field is not conventionally defined and marked---

Where Terrorists hit their Targets secretly----

Innocents and family members would continue to be killed.

Do you want a sweeping carpet bombing from Americans?

• Muslims always have Mir Jafars and Mir Sadiqs

• یہ کیسے بیوقوف لوگ ہیں دوسروں کے گناہ کے حصہ دار بن رہے ہیں ۔ بھائی ان بے گناہ پچے پچیوں کو جس میں ان کو کوئی قصور نہیں کہ وہ ایسے علاقے میں پیدا ہوئے ہیں یا رہ رہے ہیں ۔ کی جان تو وہ لیتے ہیں جو ان ڈرون کو اپریٹ کرتے ہیں ۔ لیکن ان بے وقوفوں کا ایسے ظالمانہ عمل کی حمایت کرنے سے یہ بھی ان ظالموں کے گناہ میں برابر کے حصہ دار بن جاتے ہیں ۔۔۔

بھائی بے وقوفی کی بھی کوئی حد ہوتی ہے ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

• Let us, also, talk about those 10, 000, 00 innocents, who were killed in 1947---when there was no War or Jihad.

Should we define them as victims of Ego or Hate?

History is full of such unfortunate killings.

• @Sheikh sahib

R u sure all peoples who die in drone attacks are guilty or supporting terrorists?

When we read about drone attacks it says no of "suspect terrorists" killed in Pakistan.Can you define the word "suspect"? Most of the time american r not sure who they are killing.

I know the consequences of this kind of war but what about those who r completely innocent.

Let me be more specific and revise my question.

Just imagine that u r living in the effected area.

So what will be your feeling if a drone attack kills one of your family member with your neighbors who r hiding terrorist in their home.

Will you come with same argument again?

I am not advocating anyone here but the wrong is wrong no matter how strong you are.

In my eyes the peoples living in the effected area are the most disturbed then any other Pakistani.We sandwiched them between taliban and our own army with americans.

Maybe u are not in need of my prayers while living in safe heaven but still i am praying for you,your family and peoples of Pakistan.

I request you to waste your precious 20min and watch this video of Sam Richard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IgOVOPLTYI

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.