Mahmood Khan Achakzai محمود خان اچکزئی

New name for caretaker PM

I think Imran is too on board with democratic forces

http://dawn.com/2013/01/05/pti-not-to-join-qadris-islamabad-march/

• This is a good news.

He is a political person.

Anti establishment.

From Baluchistan.

Should be acceptable to most of the political parties.

Good development.

• کیا کسی نے لاہور جا کر چابی والے بابے سے اسکی منظوری حاصل کی ہے؟

اگر نہیں تو پھر یہ کیسے نگران وزیر اعظم ہو سکتا ہے؟

erased

• I disagree Achakzai Sahab should contest election his presence in next parliament is essential if we really want to see our country getting on a steady path……nominating him caretaker PM is just for short-sighted gains…in long run his presence in parliament more important than looking over election hullabaloo

• BTW, how long a care taker is barred to take part in elections. Remember lastly his name was also being proposed for president.

• @EasyGo bahi

I don’t think that would be problem…I don’t think there is any restriction but if he is caretaker PM and his party PKMAP (Pakhtoonkhawa Mili Awami Party) contest elections Haters might try to poison the whole atmosphere. But wouldn’t it be better if he is in Next Parliament along with Sardar Mengal and Murri? I am all for Achakzai Sahab as President....

• @Pak_Power Bhai,

I think, his name was there in caretaker list but he didn't agree, may be for the reason as you said above. However due to current charged environment, he might have shown flexibility and that too for democracy to continue. He didn't contest last time, and it may be like sacrifice another time.

• ’آئینی انتخابات چاہے شیخ الاسلام جیت جائیں‘

محمود خان اچکزئی

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/multimedia/2013/01/130104_mahmood_achakzai_iv_zz.shtml

• @Anwer Kamal

How did you manufacture the news from Dawn that Achakzai is a candiate for caretaker PM and Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif and Zarari are on board with it?

False news?

• Today's main heading...

• This is first election in Pakistan history without much interference from establishment, where civilians will try to control the politics – great turning point for Pakistan.

Role of interim PM will be important and Mr Achakzai is right man with abilities to fight against establishment conspiracies like Qadri’s drama or ISI sponsored groups to highjack public mandate.

• @EasyGo bahi

I am hearing from Edgeware bahi log are not going to support Achakzai Sahab’s nomination As matter of fact bahi log going to seriously object nomination of Achakzai Sahab. Perhaps our resident RETARDS of MQM (Rizwan Qaimkhwani etc….) enlighten us on this….

• Achakzai was in good relations with Altaf some years ago .

If these people can do another miracle , If they get Khan of Qalat as caretake CM for a fair election in Baluchistan , It can bring Pakistan out of danger . A fair election in Baluchistan can change every thing .

• Another undisputed person nomination after selection of Justice (Rtd.) Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim as Election Commissioner. Achakzai is such an outspoken person he remained angry with Nawaz Sharif after the latter betrayed him in boycotting the election 2008. But nobody can question on his unbiased character once he accepts the post. Neither PML-N nor PTI can go against his nomination. Yes, the big question is whether he accepts this offer or not. I am hopeful on my "chirhya" of Sethi fame that Achakzai has already agreed. Otherwise, he would have sent a "NO" note without meeting Zardari. He is not a guy to feel happy to meet Zardari. I think, for the greater interest of the country he said "YES".

• لگتا ہے محمود اچکزئی کا میلہ صرف عمران خان کو منانے کیلئے لگایا گیا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ کہ کہیں عمران خان اِدھر اُدھر نہ پھسل جائے۔۔۔۔۔۔

ویسے میرے خیال میں محمود خان اچکزئی کے بجائے اگر رضا ربانی یا اسحاق ڈار یا پھر خورشید شاہ ہوتے تو زیادہ بہتر ہوتا۔۔۔۔۔۔ پاکستانی سیاست میں صاف اور کھرا ہونا ہی کافی نہیں ہوتا۔۔۔۔۔۔ اچکزئی صاحب اچھے انسان لگتے ہیں لیکن اچھا ہونے سے کام نہیں بنتا۔۔۔۔۔۔

Achakzai is such an outspoken person he remained angry with Nawaz Sharif after the latter betrayed him in boycotting the election 2008.

امتیاز احمد صاحب۔۔۔۔۔۔

محمود اچکزئی صاحب کا یہی فیصلہ ہی ان کے ناپختہ سیاسی شعور کو واضح کرتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ دو ہزار سات میں جس طرح کچھ سیاست دانوں اور وکلاء تنظیموں کے جذباتی فیصلہ کے بجائے پیپلز پارٹی اور پھر نواز شریف کا انتخابات میں حصہ لینے کا فیصلہ کرنا آج کم از کم میرے نزدیک بہت درست معلوم ہوتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ ایک سیاست دان ہی اگر آنے والے وقت کا اندازہ نہ لگا سکے تو پھر اس کو سیاست چھوڑ دینی چاہئے۔۔۔۔۔۔

• A very interesting politcal move.

• test

• I totally agree with Blacksheep saheb. Only honest and outspoken quality is not enough for a such a large project like general election. Zardari's intention is double. Do you remember Mr. Chaudhury Nisar was head of the Public Account Committee. He raised many questions in NLC accounts in which top sitting army officers were involved. At that time Army showed their real colors and refused any book of accounts to Nisar. Ch. Nisar resigned from the Public Accounts Committee but did not utter even a single word against Army. I think Mr. Achakzai is different kind of person, if he was given dictation, he will not only resign but will speak reasons of his resignations loud and clear. That is the only reason I am happy over probability of this appointment. However, his appointment would be greatly resisted by the real powers that be.

Your another analysis that he is not a sure person due to his not participating in the 2008 election is right. Politically he is neither a genius nor a wise enough. But for the caretaker set up we want a 'sar phira' who would not tolerate any interference in the discharge of his duty. This is what it looks to me. But future never tells what is in her bag. We can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

• دلالوں اور دھوکے بازوں کو دوسروں کی منافقت ۔ دھوکے بازی ۔ زبان دے کر پھر پیچھے ہٹ جانا اور ایک ڈیکٹیٹر جس نے دو مرتبہ پاکستان کے ائین کو توڑا ہو ۔ کے انڈر الیکشن میں حصہ لینا درست ہی معلوم ہو گا ۔

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.