Women! aren't you being exploited?

• Original post: http://newsexcuse.blogspot.com/2013/01/women-arent-you-being-exploited.html

Pictures of these bikini clad women might be offensive for my readers in Pakistan, but even more offensive to me is the way these poor women are being treated.

Let me explain; these women were contesting in "Miss Snow Universe" competition. The picture is taken in Siberia, and they were made to take their cloths off in -21C temperature.

A mere mention of that -21C temperature made me shiver. I thought to myself, "are the organizers insane? Aren't the girls participating in the competition equally insane?"

Isn't it exploitation in the name of competition?

And then I read renowned feminist, Zillah Eisenstein bashing Zero Dark Thirty as against feminism. She called it dark, zero-feminism,because ZDT tries to justify US war revenge through a pretty red-head white woman, obsessed with catching Osama Bin Laden.

I was wondering if Zillah or other feminists has something to write about girls being exposed to severe temperatures just for the fun of it?

I was wondering if anyone else also thinks that those bikini clad women were being exploited?

• zero dark savages

• Burka Vs Bikini - The Debauchery Of American Womanhood

By Henry Makow, Ph.D.

http://rense.com/general29/deb.htm

"I am not an expert on the condition of Muslim women and I love feminine beauty too much to advocate the burka here. But I am defending some of the values that the burka represents for me.

For me, the burka represents a woman's consecration to her husband and family. Only they see her.

It affirms the privacy, exclusivity and importance of the domestic sphere.

The Muslim woman's focus is her home, the "nest" where her children are born and reared. She is the "home" maker, the taproot that sustains the spiritual life of the family, nurturing and training her children, providing refuge and support to her husband.

In contrast, the bikinied American beauty queen struts practically naked in front of millions on TV. A feminist, she belongs to herself. In practice, paradoxically, she is public property. She belongs to no one and everyone. She shops her body to the highest bidder. She is auctioning herself all of the time.

In America, the cultural measure of a woman's value is her sex appeal. As this asset depreciates quickly, she is neurotically obsessed with appearance and plagued by weight problems."

• AR,

The point is you should have a choice you can wear a Burka or Bikini whatever pleases you.

:)

• Abdul Rahman! thanks for sharing Henry Makow's article. And Zia, you are right, a woman has a right to wear a Burka or Bikini, but she shall not do it for someone else' pleasure

• Exploitation of any kind is wrong and there are enough voices raised against it in the West.

• Are women in Pakistan not exploited?

• @Adnak Jee

Women in Pakistan love to have acid thrown on their faces.

• Zia M jee

I think the problem with us is that we enjoy to spend all of our energies in finding faults in others and, on the other hand, try to hide our shortcomings. That is why no improvement in our ownself is possible.

• Adnak Jee,

Exactly!

Even our politicians and political parties point out the corruption and wrong-doings of the other party instead of admitting their own mistakes and blunders.

• hey, I suppose we were talking about women and their exploitation

• Here is a piece about home based women workers in Pakistan http://tribune.com.pk/story/499359/home-based-women-workers-in-pakistan/

• Preventing acid attacks!

Statistics on violence against women make for a depressing read in Pakistan and this year is no exception. Though a report by the Aurat Foundation states the reported cases of violence against women in 2012 saw a drop of 12 per cent from the previous year, cases of acid attacks saw a whopping increase of 89 per cent in the same period. This is a horrific figure made gloomier by the realisation that this all happened despite the passing in 2011 of two laws deemed pro-women: The Acid Control and Acid Crime Prevention Bill and The Prevention of Anti-Women Practices Bill.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/499388/preventing-acid-attacks-2/

• acid attacks are another sad reality for women in Pakistan

• Women (in the picture) wearing bikinis in -21 temperature are looking happy and safe; on the other hand, women even wearing burqa are not safe in Pakistan from acid throwers and other women molesters and exploiters.

It is a matter of choice what one wants to wear in their daily life.

• ST,

Happy? But they are in for greater risk of rape if you care to read the statistics.

Women that face acid in Pakistan : 10 a year

Women in West facing rape and abuse: Over 100,000 a year

• bitterlies

very hilarious and brown slavery

"t is a matter of choice what one wants to wear in their daily life. "

whats up with your racist french masters.

• @AR

I can bet there are fewer crimes in America than Pakistan; majority of women can travel freely and without fear in any part of USA at any time. Women in Pakistan feel insecure and are dependent on male partner to travel after dark. Most of rape cases are reported with Police in America while in Pakistan majority of rape cases are NOT reported with Police.

@junaid joonooni

Do you wear clothes of your choice?

Damn the French for banning religious dress code in their schools. I condemn French Government’s improper, discriminatory and illogical decision to attack an individual’s right to wear.

• ST,

Where are you hiding? Just this weekend dozen people were killed in random violence in Chicago. That is just one city. According to mainstream media 1300 Americans were killed in gun violence after Sandy massacre and hundreds of women raped and killed. That is about a month. I felt sad when one women was interviewed how she lost all 4 sons in gun violence.

• @AR

Tell me an American city which can compare Karachi in number of daily or weekly or monthly killings.

What is so special about America that still millions of people from all over the world still want to migrate to that country??