Turkey and Qatar helping Mail Islamist rebels?

• Turkish Ship With Tonnes of Weapons Sails To Volos!

According to a report from the Thessaly Journal, the ship "Alexandretta" -which was flying the flag of Saint Vincent- was from Turkey, and although it is registered as a cement bulk cargo ship was in all reality suspiciously transporting a huge quantity of weapons and ammunition. It said that unconfirmed reports also spoke of portable antiaircraft guns and anti-tank missiles, ammunition and infantry weapons such as Kalashnikov guns, etc.

The newspaper noted that the ship was bound for Libya, but also said that it could have been headed towards Mali (which boarders Libya) to arm Islamic rebels fighting there.

http://hellasfrappe.blogspot.gr/2013/01/shock-turkish-ship-with-tonnes-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/NbLUQ+(HellasFrappe

Mali: analyst, Qatar is funding Islamists

DOHA, JANUARY 25 - Qatar supports Mali's Islamists as it believes the movement is potentially key in the country's governance, according to Michael Stephens, a researcher at the Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies in Qatar cited by Doha News. 'The main motivation behind Qatar's support of Mali's Islamists is to ensure its business and the growth of its influence in the Arab and Islamic world', noted the analyst. The level of involvement of Qatar in the activities of Islamist rebels in Mali will soon emerge together with the truth on who is giving them weapons, noted the expert.

http://ansamed.ansa.it/ansamed/en/news/sections/analysis/2013/01/25/Mali-analyst-Qatar-funding-Islamists_8136605.html

• So if western stooges Turkey and Qatar are funding and supplying weapons to same rebels who are in turn fighting the west then what does it say about this war? Is it a fake war created with the help of Islamic countries to allow intervention of western forces in Mali? Conspiracy theories, anyone?

• FRENCH IS BACK INTO ITS FORMER COLONY. IT HAS LONG TERM INTEREST IN SAHARA DUE TO MINERAL RESOURCES. NIGER HAS HUGE RESERVES OF URANIUM AND MALI IS THIRD BIGGEST GOLD PRODUCER IN AFRICA

On January 12,2013 France launched a blatant assault on northern Mali.

Late model French jet fighters have been hitting poorly armed Africans striving for Islam. Already, the French have killed more than 100 people in ONE DAY in their air strikes.

In April 2012, Africans dedicated to Islam rose up in northern Mali and within months established a just and clean system with the help of Islamic law. They defeated the corrupt forces of a western-backed regime in Bamako, southern Mali.

These Islamic forces known as Ansar Dine are indigenous people of Africa, led by an African Imam named Abdul Wadud. These are not outsiders. The African people are with them.

French Special Forces have helped the forces of the corrupt westernized regime tore-enter the city of Konna from where all of Mali would have come under Islamic control.

French military forces are landing in Bamako in large numbers and French bases all over Africa have been mobilized.

On day three, the French faced their first defeat when a town south of Bamako was captured by the Islamics thus outflanking the west-backed regime.

Jamaat al-Muslimeen condemns the French attempts to re-colonize Africa. France has expressed its hatred for Islam fist by banning the hijab in government institutions and then supporting cartoons of the Prophet, pbuh. A French publisher is now getting ready to publish a comic book about the Prophet, pbuh.

All those who love Africa should come forth to condemn the French aggression. Please ask Minister Farrakhan, Cynthia McKinney and others known for their support of Africa, to condemn the aggression.

• "Conspiracy theories, anyone? "

fake news conspiracy by the previously banned fatal qadiani

• The growing threat of radical Islam in Africa.

A good overview of the situation in Mali on bloggingheads.tv......

Demba Boundy reports from Mali. Plus: Why is France sending troops to Mali?

Why French troops are being welcomed in Mali 4:17

How radical Islam took root in northern Mali 13:35

Coups, corruption, and chaos 6:23

Why the French mission could succeed 8:46

What does Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb want? 7:13

How Malians view Americans 2:29

http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/14638

• The mantra of radical Islam and Al Qaeda bogeyman is rusted. It will not work in Sahara.

• ^^^

At least have the intellectual honesty and courage to post the link of the propaganda piece you copied above from Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/JAMIntl/posts/467747929951421

• At least have the intellectual honesty and courage to post the link of the propaganda piece you copied above from Facebook

@ZiaM

Why is it that what A Rahman has posted is a piece of propaganda and your is not?

• @Diwana

What I have posted is an interview with a native Mali of a very credible journalist Bob Wright.

This is as much a racial conflict as religious.The Tuaregs are only 2-3% of the Mali population and consider themselves superior.

I was objecting to him not providing the link and not to his propaganda.

Have you listened to the interview of the guy from Mali?

It is very informative.

• "of a very credible journalist"

is this some 'adorable' and western propaganda

• NO, there is more credible media like BBC as compared to FOX-NEWS or most of Pakistani media.

• pakistani/aljazeera used to be independent but presently there isnt any single news media thats is credible, be it the western propaganda machinery or the present sold out pakistani news media.

• The Taliban of Timbuktu

BEFORE the recent French intervention in Mali began, 412,000 people had already left their homes in the country’s north, fleeing torture, summary executions, recruitment of child soldiers and sexual violence against women at the hands of fundamentalist militants. Late last year, in Algeria and southern Mali, I interviewed dozens of Malians from the north, including many who had recently fled. Their testimonies confirmed the horrors that radical Islamists, self-proclaimed warriors of God, have inflicted on their communities.

Related

First, the fundamentalists banned music in a country with one of the richest musical traditions in the world. Last July, they stoned an unmarried couple for adultery. The woman, a mother of two, had been buried up to her waist in a hole before a group of men pelted her to death with rocks. And in October the Islamist occupiers began compiling lists of unmarried mothers.

Even holy places are not safe. These self-styled “defenders of the faith” demolished the tombs of local Sufi saints in the fabled city of Timbuktu. The armed groups also reportedly destroyed many churches in the north, where displaced members of the small Christian minority told me they had previously felt entirely accepted. Such Qaeda-style tactics, and the religious extremism that demands them, are completely alien to the mainstream of Malian Islam, which is known for its tradition of tolerance.

That openness is exactly what the jihadists seek to crush. “The fact that we are building a new country on the base of Shariah is just something the people living here will have to accept,” the Islamist police commissioner in the town of Gao said last August. Until military action began this month, local citizens were on their own in resisting the imposition of Shariah — and they fought back valiantly. A radio journalist was severely beaten by Islamist gunmen after speaking on the radio against amputations. Women marched through the streets of Timbuktu against Islamist diktats on veiling until gunfire ended their protest.

The acting principal of a coed high school in Gao told me his school had been occupied by militants from the Movement for Unity and Jihad in West Africa. They announced that they had come to protect the premises. Instead, they quickly stole its computers, refrigerators and chairs. “We consider ourselves under occupation,” the principal told me. “We consider ourselves martyrs.” He has risked his life to keep his school open, to continue to educate boys and girls together, though he must put them on opposite sides of the classroom now. “My presence creates hope for my students. I cannot kill this hope,” he told me.

Since the jihadist takeover, Gao’s economy has come to a standstill. Every Thursday, there are theocratic show trials in Arabic, a language many residents do not speak. The fundamentalists focus on teaching the predominantly Muslim population of Gao “how to be Muslim.” Like Al Shabab in Somalia and the Taliban in Afghanistan, they have a morality brigade that patrols the city, checking who is not wearing a sufficient veil and whose telephone sins with a musical ringtone. Speaking to a woman in public is an offense; this ban has caused such terror that some men flee in fear if they simply see a woman on the street.

The principal had been attending public punishments to document the atrocities. This meant repeatedly watching his fellow citizens get flogged. He has seen what it looks like when a “convict” has his foot sawed off. Close to tears, he said: “No one can stand it, but it is imposed on us. Those of us who attend, we cry.”

Some local and international opponents of military intervention have advocated negotiation with the rebel groups as an alternative. But negotiating with groups who believe they are God’s agents and whose imposed mode of governance is utterly alien to the people of northern Mali is unlikely to succeed, especially while the north remains occupied. “The population is not for the Shariah” is the refrain I heard again and again — from those displaced from Timbuktu and Kidal; from women and men; from Muslims and Christians. The preservation of Mali’s tradition of secularism is essential for them all.

Policy decisions regarding this potential Afghanistan-in-the-Sahara must be informed by the fact that what is happening there is not simply a question of regional or global security, but of basic human rights. The current intervention in Mali could deal a decisive blow to the recent advance of fundamentalism across North Africa, but only if French and West African soldiers take care to distinguish between civilians and their jihadist oppressors, who hide among the innocent.

They must also avoid simply shifting the problem elsewhere in the region. After all, one of the causes of the Islamist occupation of northern Mali was the displacement of armed men from Libya after the overthrow of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi in 2011. Algeria had lost hundreds of thousands of its own people to fundamentalist armed groups since the 1990s. Since then, many Algerian jihadists have crossed the border into northern Mali, reproducing the problem there.

Some Malians fear that foreign intervention may have grave consequences for their homes and livelihoods. But most of the displaced northerners I met last month, before France intervened, had already decided that “the risks of nonintervention are 10,000 times worse than the risks of intervention,” as a women’s rights activist told me in Bamako. Or, as a young refugee from Gao whom I met in Algeria put it: “We do not want war, but if these people don’t leave us alone, we have to fight them.”

Karima Bennoune, a professor of international law at the University of California, Davis, is the author of the forthcoming book “Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here: Untold Stories From the Fight Against Muslim Fundamentalism.”

• Zia,

That was a Op Ed from NY times. Why you didn't you post the link? I checked with my contacts in California and she has zero credibility among the Muslim community as expected.

• AR,

Sorry I simply forgot but the name of the writer is at the end of the article.

Here is the link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/opinion/the-taliban-of-timbuktu.html?_r=0

PS:Do you even have a name of the author you plagiarized?

• AR.

I never thought that you would resort to lying, You want me to believe, within couple of minutes of my posting the article, you read it and called your contact in California.

I'm truly disappointed in you.

• " and sexual violence against women at the hands of fundamentalist militants."

"they stoned an unmarried couple for adultery"

what a open contradiction and bunch of LIES.

"from Muslims and Christians. The preservation of Mali’s tradition of secularism is essential for them all."

lol. obviously this evilness is expected.

now what? bombing from the planes, thousands of killings, media black outs and the cruel implementation of the man made filthy secularism

"Karima Bennoune" the guy is full of hatred and smells like some murderer zionist or the likes.

to the blind author

" shut up! your Zionism/crime against humanity/war for oil doesnt apply here "

• WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Horrific video footage has emerged of Taliban insurgents stoning a couple to death for alleged adultery in northern Afghanistan.

Hundreds of villagers can be seen on the video standing around as the woman, Siddqa, is buried up to her waist in a four foot hole in the ground.

Two mullahs pass sentence before the crowd begins to throw rocks at her head and body as she desperately tries to crawl free.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350945/Horrific-video-emerges-Taliban-fighters-stoning-couple-death-adultery.html#ixzz2JEE9ToMP

• ^

bunch of childish off topic mantras.

between

is it worth posting your masters crimes against the innocent afia?

• Zia,

You are wrong again. That article came few days back. I didnt read it here on pkp today. I read "articles of interest" in NY times every day.