PML N Think tanks Vs PTI/TUQ

• It very visible from news and social media that PML N is in war against TUQ and PTI. Frankly speaking its not an ideological and smart war for PML N.

Thair ul Qadri and Imran khan are more to the right and should be on same side with PML N which is also center right party.

I think PML N is worried about those 5000 -10000 votes PTI or Tahir Ul Qadri will grab on every seats in Punjab that may gong to hurt PML N against PPP....

PML N came up with strategy to fuel up fire, Character assassination with every mean and media so PTI and TUQ not getting their votes... will this plan work?

It didnt work on many seats back in 90s when Pakistan Islamic Front / passban spoiled show for NS.

Smart move from PML N would be to stop opposing PTI and TUQ and look for some seat adjustment, "give and take" will help them if they are looking for clean sweep in Punjab.

Just a thought.... will PTI and TUQ make adjustment with PML N is another thing to talk about..?

• @expakistani

Agreed, I think NS can do anything to get power.

• @expakistani and BitterTruth

Brother expakistani and BitterTruth I think it is opposite to what you people are thinking. PML(N) is not at war against PTI+TUQ but PTI and TUQ are targeting PML(N) for criticism and trying to dent their vote bank. It is my point of view and seems your as well that PML(N), PTI and somewhat TUQ are right wing parties and have similar stance on terrorism, foreign policy (Anti-U.S)and many other TUQ point of view on terrorism is close liberal parties as he want to crush Taliban. Both PTI and PML(N) need to target PPP and PML(Q) vote bank and whether PTI wins or PML(N) it should be victory for us.

اس وقت نون لیگ اور تحریک انصاف دونوں کو صرف یہ سوچنا ہے کے "اگلی باری پھر زرداری " ہو گیا تو اس ملک کا کیا ہو گا

• This post is deleted!

• @mawan1971

Brother

First let me appreciate you for your reply in decent manner, which we hardly get from anybody especially people who support PMLN.

Crtisism and difference of opinions are beauty of democracy.

PML(N) is not at war against PTI+TUQ but PTI and TUQ are targeting PML(N) for criticism and trying to dent their vote bank.

Do you remember? what was the statements of Leaders of PMLN upon arrival of TUQ and during his Long March?

Whereas TUQ never directly targeted to any party but emphasized on election reform article 62 & 63 and 218.

However, I partially agreed with your views.

But policy while being in opposition normally differs to policy opt after forming government either its about Taliban or USA whether PMLN or PTI.

Futher, above affiliation to any party, you are daring and decent comentor.

• Qadri is an establishment-cum-zardari stooge. Infact he's a stooge of all those forces who want to delay or postpone the polls. He has no political standing neither any broad voter base even in Punjab. The 40-50K people we saw in Islamabad are all that he has. His role would be limited until the polls and will become irrelevant during and after the polls.

However for PTI I would agree now has a large voter base although not yet tested from an election perspective but they would be a factor that would worry PMLN during the polls. Their strength in rural constituencies would be maximum to 5K but in urban areas it may reach between 15-30K and could be a deciding factor. However it would still depend on the type and the choice of candidate they would field.

I would prefer myself for both PMLN and PTI to contest the election under some agreement and seat adjustment formula to defeat the Zardari troika but I know that's not going to happen. Both these parties will go their own way through the polls provided PTI does not boycott the polls at the 11nth hour. PMLN strategy would be to minimize the damage from PTI and recover the ground lost to Q and PPP in 2008.

• it is very sad fact of our politics, people like qadri on the brink of establishment attempted to defuse the political process in pakistan

• All brother above

PML(N) was afraid when TUQ came they thought militarry and international establishment is behind him and they want to stop PML(N) future government and want to build a 2-3 years caretaker government to facilitate U.S war in afghanistan exit phase. This was the analysis of many seasonal analyst as well, and TUQ also gave the impression during Dharna that SC is behind him (Adha kam ho gia). These theories proved wrong as it was proved later on that PPP government has facilitated TUQ and TUQ himself launched this for personal fame (this is debatable). PTI and PML(N) both are my favorite parties and some time I find it hard who is number 1 in my favorite list. On election results day, I will yell "Yahoo" on every PML(N) and PTI victory, but I can start abusing people who elect PPP one more time over a PPP seat victory. PTI and PML(N) can not stand together before election I understand(no seat adjustment possible). I pray they form a coalition government together after elections and get Pakistan out of this trouble time.

• @دل جان

it is very sad fact of our politics, people like qadri on the brink of establishment attempted to defuse the political process in pakistan

Brother

This sad fact is not new and was always exist in pakistan politics. only faces keep changing, todays victims were part pro-establishment once exactly as today's pro judiciary has attacked on judiciary in past.

However, I agree that it defuses the political process.

• I am looking at winning point of view, Center right unsure voter have option of picking PTI, JI, TUQ, PML Q there will be a vote divide which normally goes to PML N...

Punjab is the only place where PML N can get lots of seats, and they are messing up with their own chance.

Do we see same approach by PPP in sindh where they might end up some opposition by Nationalist parties? Loo like PPP knows that they will win 40% Seats in Sindh and if they add Nationalist + few Pagara's + independent... they are in good position to make Government in Sindh Assembly without even considering MQM.

Same approch they are using for NA, they are not creating war kind of situation because they know in few months they will need as many parties to make it government.

@mawan1971

Why you think the PPP or establishment is behind TUQ, his party is always participating in Elections not winning... may be they decided to use different tactics to which may end up working for them...

Honestly i never paid attention to TUQ until his Dharna... and he seems OK to me....

• @expakistani

First thing PML(Q) should not be considered centre to right as they are going in election with PPP and should now considered left wing party. PTI and PML(N) are two very important right wing parties who have voters all over Pakaitan. PML(N) will make seat adjustment with JUI(F) in KPK, functional league and nationalists in Sindh. They are looking to JI for seat adjustment in Punjab but they are undecided and make an alliance with PTI. Right wing parties vote bank will divide into two groups PML(N) group and PTI group and it could divide to three if TUQ jumps into this ship.

I think PPP facilitated TUQ because his popularity will dent PML(N) or PTI but beneficiary will be PPP. If things went wrong and became a chance of Military interference still good for Zardari as he has completed his term and "Siasi Shahadat" is good thing to have.

I want to unite right wing parties but I know PTI and PML(N) cannot go together, TUQ in partner with PTI will at lease increase PTI chances and right vote will split into two. I do not think TUQ has much vote bank it is in pockets here and there max. 5000 to 10000 in MNA constituency.

• @mawan1971

well first i must say you seems like a good new addition on pkpolitics... first time i am directly in blogbate ( blogging and debating ) with you here...so welcome to pkpolitics.

Just a possibility, and we both can be wrong or right

How about if we look at this as "I think PML N facilitated TUQ" to have a crack in PTI popularity ? Now undecided votes or votes or voters who normally dont vote for PML or PPP will have 2-3 choices old JI, TUQ or PTI.and in longer run PTI wouldnt have solid vote bank if the loose badly in 2013..... PML N graph is untouched?

But no matter how we look at, PPP seems like in win win situation ?

Now others points,

PML(N) will make seat adjustment with JUI(F) in KPK, functional league and nationalists in Sindh.

PML N need to win big in Kyber to have JUI and others to make alliance... they are not in war with ANP either so ANP will join them as well... but Sindh is not straight fwd case ...

Sindh looks like this.... by my calculation, I dont see any other option... Do you?

Nationalist and Functional + PPP + PML N

Nationalist and Functional + MQM + PML N

Nationalist and Functional + PPP + MQM

And when all possibilities are there so why start a situation where they have to eat their own words? and if PML N is going to make goverment they wouldnt be able to run it for 5 yrs like with this attitude.....

You gota have PPP type Reconciliation politics ...

• You gota have PPP type Reconciliation politics

ExPakistani sahib

The reconciliation attitude comes only when a person or party knows and accepts his/her/its weaknesses.

PPP and Zardari knew about it and they followed the policy of reconciliation.

Secondly PPP doesnt have any more hawks left in it.

Sharif sahib and PML(N) may not have that sense of weakness . PML(N) has hawks and hawkish attitude in from of Ch. Nisar and Shahbaz sahib. that may make it difficult for PML(N) to have a reconciliatory attitude. PML(N) may also think that with Punjab in its pocket it doesnt need to reconcile. the big brother power image may come in their way to take smaller parties with it.

My senseless 2 paisa worth of comments.

• @expakistani

Sorry to response late, I was busy watching highlights of Pakistan's fine bowling performance today.

Thanks for encouraging me on this forum. Yes I am new on this form and started posting few days ago but was reading you guys for months.

Back to our debate where we left. PML(N) was always worried that another IK to dent their vote bank, whether this dent to their vote bank join together with IK or separately but it is their minus vote. How can PML(N) know that PTI is with TUQ or against as IK himself was not clear till last moment. PML (N) was more worried that establishment do not want to see Nawaz Sharif in power and so is U.S and this is an attempt to stop them. Once they got clear that no establishment behind them Nawaz Sharif confidence was back and he united the opposition to say no to Qadri and anti-election forces. PML(N) knows that TUQ do not have any big vote bank and if no one is backing them they could be ignored easily. PTI is a force and reality it is not a four day bubble which burst in the end in a container at D-CHOCK. I do feel that initially TUQ dented PTI vote as many Inqalabi thought he has stolen the tsunami and Inqilab nahra from IK but things have settled down now. Forget TUQ now we have two forces again PML(N) and PTI, future power house of punjab politics and to some extent KPK.

Sindh is no man land for right wing, it is all PPP or MQM both lefties. NS want to make a big alliance to get few (only few) seats in interior Sindh. NS want to remove the label of GT Road party and want in roads in Sindh, Baluchistan as well. He is in talks with Balouch leaders for seat adjustments. Sindh and Balochistan are only symbolic for PTI and PML(N) real power of both parties lies in Punjab mainly and KPK A Well.

I wish all right wings were united but now there is a one to one fight of two right wing parties, it is my win whether PML(N) or PTI gets a seat but let us kick out left wings from Punjab.I will explain sometime my liking of both PML(N) and PTI together and why establishment is afraid of NS.

• I have time to share some of my thoughts.

Nawaz Sharif has a very strong resume, two times prime-minister, two times CM punjab, two times opposition leader and have personal liking in public for right wing people who are close to religion. I personally know NS home atmosphere they are very religious people you will never see their women openly or without parda. Maryam Nawaz was out to attract youth and balance IK's youth factor. NS has the experience and potential to bring Pakistan out of trouble times.

Negatives of NS, he is poor in speech and at time people think he is dum and silly. He is very rigid against army and establishment, army and establishment based on his two time prime-minister ship is afraid of him. He is not a yes sir to establishment. US has concern that he is close to religious forces and may cause a problem in their exit strategy. They know he can say no to any thing.

Imran Khan is a very strong character, our national here, a honest person whom people of Pakistan trust. He lashes out at corrupt leaders and want end corruption culture in Pakistan by bringing honest people in everywhere. Very clean record man. He is youth's Ideal and youth is looking toward him to make this country a path of prosperity and progress.

Negatives of IK, he is still immature in politics even spending 16 years. His approach in certain issues is not practical.He never speaks against army and establishment role in destruction of this Country giving people a reason that establishment is backing him. Best thing was ideology for him but he choosed the path of electable and do not have too many to get over 20 seats. He cannot defeat PML(N) with electable as they have in huge numbers.

I have expressed my thoughts for PML(N) and PTI trying to be a neutral as I like both PTI and PML(N). It is up to my readers to decide where I am wrong. Sorry for such big writing but topic was wide.

• @Siphani

PML(N) is traditional political party and as I said a choice of religious people and forces. PML(N) alliance with religious parties is a natural alliance whether it is JI, JUI(F) or any other. PML(N's decision of making an alliance with Sipah e Sahaba is just like PTI making an aliance with Sheikh Rasheed, as PTI do not need to allian them self with Sheikh and it killed PTI immage in Rawalpindi. PMN(N) is a huge force in central and northern punjab, to go in alliance with Sipah e Sahab is wrong and I totally cricize it, you can win one or two seats with the help of Sipah e Sahabe but by killing your immage. It was better to work on Sheikh Waqas to bring him in PML(N) instead of alliance with Sipha e sahaba. I will strongly criticize PML(N) or PTI alliance with those people and forces who can give them a seat or two but kill image.

Any other question brother....

• @mawan1971

"PMN(N) is a huge force in central and northern punjab, to go in alliance with Sipah e Sahab is wrong and I totally cricize it, you can win one or two seats with the help of Sipah e Sahabe but by killing your immage."

Thanks. People like you should be decision makers in major parties.

• @Siphai and expakistani

Brothers what are the prospects of PML(N) and PTI you see in south punjab and Bhawalpur. PML(N) is on backfoot because of "Saraiki sooba" they cannot support it as center and north punjab is their strong hold and will loose popularity there. PPP got 32 seats from Sahiwal to Peshawar in 2008 election and they do not expect even 10 now from these areas. They are focusing on 43 seats of south punjab and bhawalpur, they are already strong there and election stunt of sraiki soba is helping them as they have rural base voter. I do not see too many electable in south punjab and bhawalpur for PTI and PML(N). Let us see how things shape up just before elections.

• Secondly PPP doesnt have any more hawks left in it.

Sharif sahib and PML(N) may not have that sense of weakness . PML(N) has hawks and hawkish attitude in from of Ch. Nisar and Shahbaz sahib. that may make it difficult for PML(N) to have a reconciliatory attitude.

Hypocrite Sb!

Its not about hawks and doves. Its all about the numbers game. isn't it? If Zardari had numbers to begin with he would be the biggest hawk him self.

Just observe Zardari's reconciliation politics after the inclusion of Q into the coalition at center vis-a-vis MQM.

Hasn't he stopped giving more reconciliation to MQM the way he used to before the inclusion of Q?

And whatever reconciliation Zardari has now left for MQM is just for sake of Sindh government otherwise he would have thrown his "reconciliation" into the dustbin completely.