Genghiz Khan-Worst Period in Islamic History

• This current landscape in Muslim world is nothing compared to what happened during Zulm Chengiz. But the same Mongols who came to conquer Islam where in turn conquered by Islam and Halagu Khans son embraced Islam and Caliphate passed from Arabs to Ottoman Turks until 1923.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUHRfDF60L8

• I think you are thinking on the lines as Iqbal said:

Pasban mil gaay kaabay ko sanam khanay say.

It will happen again. Yes it is quite likely

• Dear Pakistani and Rahman bhai

The damage, done by mongols to islam is unrecoverable even after their conversion to Islam. They deviated from Islam and misguided other people from true spirit of Islam. They introduced new things in Islam. Take example of Eid milad, Deen Elahi by Akbar... Taj Mahal etc.... and now the Turks, they follow a dancing version of Islam....

• @der

The real damage to the true spirit of Islam was already done by the Ummayids and Abbasiad rulers. They used the message of Islam as an excuse to grab power. But, these rulers did not even knew ABC of Islam and they did everything contrary to the message of Islam.

To grab and retain power they oppressed weak, killed innocent, grabbed and hoarded riches belonging to the people, were drunkard, led prayers while drunk, womanized, etc.

Those corrupt ruling class was not in any position to defend against mongols.

Don't just blame mongols, the conquered muslims were so weak, ill-informed, and so far removed from true Islam that mongols didn't receive true Islam.

True message has been hurt more by people who call themselves as muslim leaders, like Al-Qaida, TTP, etc., than people from outside.

• Dear Spihai

"The Holy Prophet said, “Of all of the times that have passed or will come to pass, my time is the best, then of those who follow and then of those who follow.”

The era of Companions is the time of the Holy Prophet-SAWS, followed by the Taba'in and the Taba' Taba'in. These three times are known as Khair ul-Quroon, i.e., the best of all times. This indicates that the golden era of the Holy Prophet-SAWS is the best period and after that is the time of the Taba'in, although many senior Companions were still alive during that period. They were exemplary human beings, exemplary Muslims of the Holy Quran and the lucky people, who absorbed the lights and blessing directly from the Com­panions. There is only one link -the Companions- between them and the Holy Prophet‑SAWS, still their era cannot compare with the Prophetic time. Similarly, many senior Taba'in are found during the period of Taba' Taba'in, the lucky group who had only two links between them and the Holy Prophet-SAWS, that of the Companions and the Taba'in, but the Holy Prophet‑SAWS has said that their time cannot compare with the time of the Taba'in. From here we derive a principle that, as time draws away from the Holy Prophet‑SAWS its blessings decrease correspondingly. If you count the first three eras as three centuries, the time has moved away further by twelve hundred years from that blessed period, because it is the fifteenth century now."

• Don't just blame mongols, the conquered muslims were so weak, ill-informed, and so far removed from true Islam that mongols didn't receive true Islam.

Dear spihai.. I ain't blaming anyone, I am talking about facts... The facts I have presented are matched with reality.. ... Read my above quote.. either you're are true or prophet saying is true.. I have derived my principle my above saying of Prophet (my time is best).. and you are blaming age of tabieen and tabieen for misleading people. How irony.

True message has been hurt more by people who call themselves as muslim leaders, like Al-Qaida, TTP, etc., than people from outside.

Who on earth knows who is behind Al Qaida and TTP.... proxy wars

• @der

"first three eras as three centuries, the time has moved away further by twelve hundred years from that blessed period, because it is the fifteenth century now."

Violation of Islam by the people in power started to manifest as early as in the second era.

Presence of Sahaba (ra) did not stop killing of revered personalities, violation of the whole structure and spirit of Islam and even attack on Medina as early as during 61-63 AH.

It is about time that we stop looking for solution to issues being faced by muslims beyond first era.

• Don't mix religion with politic. We are talking about code and conducts and basic principle of Islam. The islam given to world by Prophet. These principle has been changed as we go away from the time of Prophet.. People introduced new things. Eid milad etc.. You are making Earlier history more responsible for that.. infact that isn't true.. Earlier people follow true spirit of islam.. As far as the killing you are talking about.. Remember true peace always require blood....

• @der

" Remember true peace always require blood.."

I hope you are not saying killing of revered sahaba (ra) and grandson of Prophet (pbuh) was required for true peace?

What was done by the usurper during 61-63 AH was completely against the Islam given by Prophet (pbuh).

There are people who are still protecting those people and claiming to follow true spirit of Islam. Where is in their eyes principle of not killing of innocent?

• again politics--- Dear Sipahi

I hope you are not saying killing of revered sahaba (ra) and grandson of Prophet (pbuh) was required for true peace?

They gave their lives to protect peace. To protect true message of Islam. This isn't as simple.. as you can talk only but can't walk. It was there life and blood, on which the seed of islam grow and tree of Islam have been reached in Indonesia and Malaysia... You won't understand this because you are thinking inside well.... They are living even today.. those who killed them they are gone.

• @der

"They gave their lives to protect peace."

Can you clarify your above statement?

Are you saying that usurper (61-63 AH) killed revered sahaba (ra) and grandson of Prophet (pbuh) to protect peace?

Yes, sahaba (ra) and grandson of Prophet (pbuh) sacrificed their life to demonstrate that principles of Islam can never be sacrificed. For the wise among us, there is a lesson from their sacrifice till the end of this world to be always against zalim.

Everything done by the grandson of Prophet (pbuh) was to protect true principles of Islam, there was no politics in 61 (AH). His struggle was to reform the ummat of Prophet (pbuh) and bring them back to the true religion of Islam.

• @spiahi

I am talking about sahaba and grandson of Prophet.. They gave their lives to protect Islam and peace. What is hard in understanding it.

His struggle was to reform the ummat of Prophet (pbuh) and bring them back to the true religion of Islam.

I think you are weak in history.. The grandson of Prophet had no wish to march. He was cheated by the people who invited him. The fairy letters which were written to Imam Husain by Kufan, these letter shows Yazid was a cruel tyrant... which makes Imam hussain to march.. The kufan cheated him by inviting him, by lying him that they would support him against Yazid... When time came... they become sipahi/soldiers of yazeed -- Now in all this killing why are you bringing Islam.... It was politics----the politics and yazeed and kufan that got him killed.. I am not saying that Grandson of Prophet was fighting far politics. He gave his life for islam.. and the same kufan/shia are now mourning in his name.. by making a god.. A god who was killed by his own people.... They invented lies after lies about grandson of Prophet, to finish their regret, the regret of what they have done.. in these all these lies they start glorying Imam Hussain..

• Dear Der Bhai Jee

I like what you write here.

The same happened to Jesus who was made a saint by the people who tortured and murdered him, and later symbolized him as a god. The same people worship him today as well. The history is very cruel and anigmatic indeed. That's why many people are very scared to realize the facts of such a history that could shake and crumble their faith altogether, indeed.

• Dear J.A

Jesus Christ did not anything about himself.. All of his history was written by other people.. and the people who wrote account of jesus they brought him in a mythical manner.. The old Greek mythology. Zeus throwing electric spear from skies.. Same is case of Imam Hussain r.a... people invented lies about him, exaggerated in praising him... and now on 10 mohramm everyone knows what are they doing..

• @der

I suppose you also deny hadith of our Prophet (pbuh) that Hasan & Hussain are Leaders of Youth in Jannah.

No one claims grandson of Prophet (pbuh) as god. Stop your lies!!

• No one claims grandson of Prophet (pbuh) as god. Stop your lies!

http://quran.com/9/31

what christain and jews have done.. the same thing will done by this ummah... people cry for hussain, people ask help from hussain... this is more than god dear sipahi.. reality is bitter... whipping your self Jesus/Hussain... hurting yourself in the name of Jesus, in the name of Hussain..

people hurt themself for gods.. Islam doesn't allow it

• @der

You haven't answered my question?

"I suppose you also deny hadith of our Prophet (pbuh) that Hasan & Hussain are Leaders of Youth in Jannah."

• Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Hasan and Hussain (Radhiallahu Ta'ala Anhuma) are leaders of the youths in Paradise."

There are some additions to this Hadith in some narrations that are fabricated.

Whatever this does not mean anything that we start mourning and weeping for them. Take a trip to Teheran and present day Iraq and the so called Masajids are decorated with huge portraits of Hasan and Hussain RA. Is this not idol worship?

My friend wanted to pray Jumah in Teheran and there is not a single masjid except in diplomatic quaters that cater to Sunnis. My friend went to a shia Masjid assuimg that they too are house of God but immediately came out of masjid after seeing portraits of numerous Imams hanging all around. It reminded him of Jesus AS on the cross in churches.

• So, should it mean that also in the time of our Nabi (PBUH)a moroosi siasat was in action that chose these two young grandsons of our Nabi (PBUH) as the reps of youth in Jannat?

Please help me to understand all this.

Who wrote that Hadis where these two were declared as reps of youth in Jannat, and who declared it? I'm really very poor when it comes to such things.

Thanks

• @Dar bhai

Now in all this killing why are you bringing Islam.... It was politics----the politics and yazeed and kufan that got him killed.. I am not saying that Grandson of Prophet was fighting far politics. He gave his life for islam..

What we get if read your text line by line.

Now in all this killing why are you bringing Islam.... It was politics....

the politics and yazeed and kufan that got him killed..

Then

I am not saying that Grandson of Prophet was fighting far politics.

And

He gave his life for islam..

You admitted that from Grandson of Prophet's side it was Islam, so can't we say from kufian and Yazeed's side it was:

Conspiracy against grandson of prophet

or

Conspiacy against Islam (as grandson of prophet hold position in favor of Islam).