PTI Elections in Lahore

• Interesting :-)

• All these things are part of a genuine elections, as opposed to political mafias like PPP and PMLN who operate in dictatorial ways.

Groupings occur, results are claimed, but in the end everything settles down based on official judgement.

Have you seen US primaries? How candidates campaign against each other? How their media campaigns trash and thrash each other? Yet when someone is nominated finally, all the party gets back to supporting him/her.

A supporter of Nooon-league, a corrupt mafia in the garb of a political party, will never understand that.

It's really very interesting how such a genuine elections are been held within a party just before the elections. Shows utter sincerity and commitment of workers and leaders alike.

• نظریاتی گروپ کا دعویٰ ہے کہ ان کے ساتھ پرانے اور نظریاتی لوگ ہیں جبکہ نظریاتی گروپ میں نۓ پرانے دونوں لوگ شامل ہیں

This "tajzia" does not make sense. Note the text; eveyone is nazriati group. Either the standard of journalism has gone down or the readers have elevated themselves. Pat your back in a latter case. May be Naseem Qureshi forgot to call the party election officials or check the evidences before reporting?

I see a similar issue for National election. Media never do investigatve reports on any regularities during polling. Just conjectures.

Here is another one: News time stamp is Thursday but news report is about a future event (on Friday)

بنوں تھانے پر خودکش حملہ، چار حملہ آور ہلاک

آخری وقت اشاعت: جمعرات 14 فروری 2013 ,‭ 04:08 GMT 09:08 PST

.خیبر پختون خوا کے جنوبی شہر بنوں پر جمعے کی صبح خودکش حملہ آوروں نے دھاوا بول دیا۔

سرکاری ٹی وی کی خبر کے مطابق پولیس کی جوابی کارروائی کے بعد چار حملہ آوروں نے خود کو دھماکے سے اڑا دیا۔

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/rolling_news/2013/02/130212_rollingnews2.shtml

• There are four groups.

Tsunami Change Movement and ISF have also got significant number of UC seats and will probably play a key role in who wins.

ISF had 450 Candidates contesting in 150 UCs of Lahore and they are claiming 318 of them have won.

on to the phase 2 Tehsil and District Elections.

• Democracy at work. Kudos to PTI and specially Imran Khan for sowing seeds of genuine democracy in Pakistan.

There is bound to be rivalry in polls else whats the point? Elections are a contest. But once the dust settles, no one IA would be able to beat this set of folks.

These elections are growing leaders not for PTI, but for Pakistan.

• Same news in english papers,

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-5-159859-PTI-Unity-Group-also-claims-win-in-party-polls

To a question about a clash between two rival groups of the PTI, they said there was no hostility between the two sides and both were united under the leadership of Imran Khan.

• tsunami bhai,

the way I feel about these elections is that these are good things but timing is awfully wrong. PTI should have planned it in a way that there would be a cooling off period of six to nine months to unite the party. I think PTI started saying in 2011 about the election and that was the right time.

I think these friction could harm the party more than the potential benefits.

• These elections would prove a futile exercise, eventually, unless at the least:

1- people like the tailor master from Kohat will also get MNA/MPA Ticket.

2- IK will not be elected unopposed.

• @psyconaut

I would find it difficult to disagree with you. Ideally yes there should have been a cooling off period and it was planned likewise at the start but kaam khulta he gaya and elections were delayed many a time.

I guess its better late than never. It has given the workers a good exercise before the general polls. IA when IK visits all halqas himself, it will definitely help cool tempers.

@babar

I posted Chacha Humayuns interveiw in a separate thread. He has his MNA candidate already and he said he would recommend his name

IK say muqabla kon karay ga us ka naam b bata dain? IKs stature is unmatched among politicans of Asia, ur seeking a contestant within PTI.

PTIs elected office holders are very different to the selected ones. Selected officials, like PMLns recently appointed tailor master (Ek baar has lain saray) is no comparison.

Chacha Humayun can not be controlled because he knows he has earned his place. Kisi nay us pe ehsan nai kia. He will make independant decisions.

Noo0ra leagues tailor master knows k jis ke ehsan k natije main wo general sec bana hai, us k khilaaf gaya to dusre din bahar hoga.

• @tsunami

"IK say muqabla kon karay ga us ka naam b bata dain?"

This is what usually other parties claim about election of their leaders. What's the difference?

"Chacha Humayuns ... has his MNA candidate already and he said he would recommend his name"

The peculiarity of PTI would be established only when chaha Humayuns of this country are given tickets, not ceremonial offices.

• badar bhai you have just nailed it. These ilzami kids are happy for chachas to get ceremonial posts.

• This is what usually other parties claim about election of their leaders. What's the difference?

Im not saying no one will step up for teh chairmans office. There maybe a candidate but Im giving u news, everyne has concensus on IK.

But all remaining offices will be contested.

PML has polls for no office.

The peculiarity of PTI would be established only when chaha Humayuns of this country are given tickets, not ceremonial offices.

No one is asking u to sign a certificaet for us. I just answered u as required. Non one ever said these intra party polls are goin to decide MNA candidates but district bodies would be advised to recommend names.

Chacha Humayun has followed suit and given his name already for the NA. He could have given his name but he chose otherwise.

Its the disctrict bodies decision, not IKs.