Malik Riaz got $45 billion Contract

• Malik Riaz gifted Rs. 5 billion house to Zardari & in less than a month time got $45 billions contract.

This is called "Smart business"

• Now I have another reason to believe that Pakistan was created for Smart Persons like Malik Riaz.

Twenty years History of Pakistan from 1947 to 1967, unfolds how the foundation of Corruption was laid to produce future Politicians of Pakistan.

Dynesties like Chuadhris, Ghumans, Daultanas, Tiwanas, Lagharis, Mazaaris .......were promoted and patronized to dominate the Politics in Pakistan.

• Malik Riaz must be a very smart person. He keeps his profile low and goes to work.

Between this $45 billion contract is in partnership with the AbuDhabi group and they are planning the worlds tallest building in Karachi.

Yes Karachi.

Ab wo MQM k ilaqe main banay gee, ANP k ilaqe main ya Lyari main this remains to be seen.

• @sadaat

"This is called "Smart business""

Maybe "Clever Businessman", but they forget that they can't take anything in their grave. Sooner or later these blood sucking tycoons will die miserable death. All that money will not save them.

• @tsunami

"Between this $45 billion contract is in partnership with the AbuDhabi group and they are planning the worlds tallest building in Karachi."

Hopefully, next government will cancel this contract as it does not help common people of Pakistan.

This project is by a tycoon to find more ways of making money.

• ^^

Its a personal venture, not funded by the govt. If this goes ahead it would only make jobs.

I dont think this would be canceleld by IKs govt.

• @tsunami

"Its a personal venture, not funded by the govt. If this goes ahead it would only make jobs"

Do you think, they will not get tax breaks, etc. from the government.

How they are getting land to build on? What sweetheart deal to give them land?

How it will impact rest of Karachi in terms of electric , water, gas supply, traffic, sewerage, etc.?

There are many other things which will negatively impact common person. This is just for rich to become richer.

• ^^

Definitely their are downsides to it. Ur a smart person to have viewed the thing in its totality.

• Seems like a pipe dream. The cost of building the world tallest tower Burj Khalifa was just $ 1.5 billion. With $ 45 billion Riaz thekedar can build almost 30 Burj Khalifas.

Unrealistic and un believable. Any links to the news or source?

• @Sulaiman Dar bhai

Ture, The cost of Burj Khalifa was just $1.5 billions and considerring lower labour cost and suitable pavement for skyscraper in karachi compare to Middle east, A project of $45 billions seems to unrealistic and unbelievable.

• However I found somehting on

The News

ABU DHABI: Former chairman and present consultant of Bahria Town, Malik Riaz Hussain has signed an agreement with His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan; Chairman Abu-Dhabi group, Union National Bank & United Bank Limited.

Under the agreement 45 billion dollars will be invested in Pakistan for various construction projects, which is the biggest and historical investment in Pakistan. Abu-Dhabi group has previously made huge and successful investments in Pakistan by the establishment of Bank Alfalah, Warid Telecom and Wateen Telecom.

Out of the total investment value 10 billion dollars will be invested in Federal Capital- Islamabad and Lahore (Punjab) whereas 35 Billion dollars will be invested in Sindh. These projects also include the construction of tallest building of the world (taller than Burj Khalifa, Dubai) in Karachi. Moreover, the project encompasses Sports city, Educational & Medical city, International city & Media city. The project also includes the construction of miniatures of Seven Wonders of the World.

These projects will employee more than 2.5 million people and will boost more than 55 industries like cement, bricks, iron, steel and glass. Moreover these projects are expected to represent all the social classes of the society and middle-class and lower-middle class will have equal representation.

The agreement will have a revolutionary impact on not only Pakistan’s economy but also tourism of the country and will be a milestone in reviving the lights of Karachi.

Speaking on the occasion, His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan expressed that Bahria Town not only represents modern Pakistan but is also a credible, respected and authentic name in the real estate sector world-over. “I am genuinely happy that in this historic project of Pakistan we are working with the visionary Malik Riaz Hussain, this guarantees that not only the project will be delivered beyond our expectations but also before time. We will Inshallah be welcoming first residents in next 3-4 years.”

Malik Riaz Hussain, former chairman and existing consultant Bahria Town, expressed his pleasure and said that it is a matter of great pride for me that His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan has selected us for making the dream come true for a modern and developed nation with this historical project. This is also a proud moment for Pakistan as such a huge foreign investment has never been made before.

A distinguished feature of this project is the utilization of seawater to produce electricity. The projects will have their own grid station.**

**Moreover, a separate modern water treatment plant will be established to convert seawater into drinking water. These features make this a landmark project in Pakistan, which addressing the current water & electricity issues of the country. Works on this monumental project will soon be starting.

• BT,

Thanks for sharing. So it's not just the tallest tower but so many other things as well from different industries but still $ 45 billion is such a huge amount and so far it's just pledges only with no firm commitment, timeframe or MoUs.

With the earlier examples of Centuras and Al Ghurair Giga projects in Islamabad I would be really surprised that even if $4 billion reaches Pakistan in the next 10 years as a result of this proposed deal. But good effort and must be lauded if true for bringing such a needful FDI to Pakistan.

• Yes, it would be good project if accomplish as proposed in deal.

• Construction projects have very limited benefit for the poor and lower middle class. The objective of these construction projects is for tycoons to find more ways of making money.

Even as advertised, it does not provide any lasting benefit for poor and middle class of Pakistan.

Do you think, they will not get tax breaks, etc. from the government?

How they are getting land to build on? What sweetheart deal to give them land?

How it will impact rest of Karachi in terms of electric , water, gas supply, traffic, sewerage, etc.?

There are many other things which will negatively impact common person. This is just for rich to become richer.

I hope, Pakistanis see through it and don't support this project.

This is just for rich people to make fortresses for themselves so that when they return from overseas they are immune to the issues of Pakistan being faced by common person.

In Pakistan we need projects that continuosly provide benefit to common citizen of Pakistan and not the ones, which use them to construct projects that benefit few rich people.

• hahahahaha

Another drama, Malik Riaz $45 billions.....

Where is his $2billions donation he announced during his cnn interview??????

He is simply a big fraud. I am afraid that one day people will lose their life saving due to investment in his schemes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gaYPacLsv8

Uploaded on Aug 31, 2010

• @rollcall

When will people learn to use their intelligence, analyze things and control their greed.

• Malik Riaz is playing big game with big numbers and in my view, he is making everyone fool.

• @Sweettruth

If greed overcomes your intelligence, it is very easy to be fooled.

Smart people like you need to rise against these games, otherwise everyone suffers.

• I don't think we can expect public welfare from private investors looking to make money. Investment in such projects creates jobs and provides opportunity for local businesses to grow. Its overall impact is positive for everyone.

• @sipahi

You are a sipahi and I am not. Like you Malik Riaz is also doing a sipahi job with Pakistani nation. Smart people with good political connections can make money anywhere in the world.