Do they really deserve to be our leaders?

• As time for elections coming closer, I am really getting worried about the future of Pakistan. Leave rest of Pakistan aside, even on this forum, the so-called politically aware people still support rotten politicians like Zardari, Fazlo, Altaf and Nawaz. What amazes me most that people of this forum even fight for them. I believe, these politicians would sell even their grannies if they have to just to be in power and for money. God knows what would it become of IK in future if he gets any chance to rule (which is very difficult if not impossible) but it is unimaginable for me to even think that we can settle for such stink-pots and deem their progeny as our future leaders too. Honestly do they really deserve to be our leaders?

• why you didnt write the name of biggest corrupt

who has been doing nothing but eating the donations of pakistani people and living posh life style and enjoying colourfull nights...its no one other than imran.

yes imran has been supporting all the non democratic foreign agenda and even was ready to lick musharraf feet in the hope that one day he will offer him some kind of authority.

imran was the one who was trying to divide the right wing vote and was the one who engaged our youth in abusing each others and he is responsible for further disintegration of our society.

• Unless proven guilty, a man is an honorable citizen. What logic is driven in by the formula if A and N have failed to deliver capital I should be given a chance. In democratic system a leader gets popularity and votes as well if he brings some solution. Eradication of corruption is just a hypothetical slogan which the people of Pakistan are not going to buy. Economics, education, finance management, potable and drinking water, "experts are still writing the manifesto", how many days are left. Besides, policies are scripted by the leader himself, its infrastructures are formulated by experts. Pope has never been the Prime Minister of Italy.

If capital I has at his disposal lot of funded money, so have A and N. A shrewd cunning leader that has the capability to counter the evil moves of foreign powers deserves to be elected, no matter he is corrupt. For corruption our Azad Adlia is already doing some fine jobs.

• Zardari, Fazlo, Altaf and Nawaz.

**‎یہ گیدڑ ہو سکتے ہیں لیکن لیڈر نہیں ۔

یہ وہ لوگ ہیں جو مشکل وقت میں بھاگ جاتے ہیں ۔ کوئی جدہ ۔ کوئی لندن اور کوئی دبئی ۔

لیڈر تو وہ ہے جو ہرمشکل وقت میں ملک و قوم کا ساتھ نہ چھوڑے ۔

لیڈر تو جاوید ہاشمی ہے جس نے ڈیکٹیٹر کا مقابلہ کیا اور جدہ نہیں بھاگا ۔

لیڈر تو شاہ محمود قریشی ہے جس نے وزارت خارجہ چھوڑ دی لیکن ریمنڈ ڈیوس کی ایمیونٹی نہیں مانی ۔

لیڈر تو عمران خان ہے جو امریکہ کے دباو میں نہیں ایا اور جس نے ڈرون حملوں کی ڈت کر مخالفت کی ۔

**‎فکر کی کوئی بات نہیں ۔ عوام اب لیڈر لے کر ائے گی ۔ گیدڑ نہیں ۔۔۔۔۔

• "God knows what would it become of IK in future if he gets any chance to rule (which is very difficult if not impossible) but it is unimaginable for me to even think that we can settle for such stink-pots and deem their progeny as our future leaders too. Honestly do they really deserve to be our leaders?"

Nevermind the misfortunes of average Pakistani, I think you definitely deserve IK. Keep it up.

• "‎فکر کی کوئی بات نہیں ۔ عوام اب لیڈر لے کر ائے گی ۔ گیدڑ نہیں ۔۔۔۔"

Good thinking, but there is something called elections and votes. Somehow, the voters don't seem to be buying your gospel! But keep it up, who knows, the angels may come to rescue.

• Some people would even go to answer for NS corruption in his grave too if they can.. Most of the people follow personalities and parties here, instead of differing between good and bad..

• Look at this so called middle class poor party MQM=MUSTAQUIL QUOMI MUSIBAT, whose gang leader is enjoying in London while their puppets enjoyed explored, exploited, and enjoyed all luxuries for five years in Govt,supporting a comander in thives, Zereadi and his cronies, and

now when the time is over,elections are near for this dirty done suckers,, they have resigned from the govt, can we ask this shameless, MQM, Why it supported this corrupt gangsters PPP for five years, if they were so bad .

Let them all go to hell they all are equal and sailing in the same boat, so dont expect any good from these nukes.

• On a lighter side we have one thing which distinguishes us form any other country in the word and that is our politicians. We have the most corrupt leaders in the world. A guy known for corruption worldwide gets to be our president. This happens only in Pakistan.:

The PPP led by Asif Zardari is on course to set up a government of the criminals, by the criminals, for the criminals. It was Altaf Kalia the leader of the MQM MUSTAQUIL QUOMI MUSIBAT mafia - who absconded to the UK to escape prosecution for heinous crimes - which include torture and murder of more than 600 policemen in Karachi The PPP led by Asif Zardari is on course to set up a government of the criminals, by the criminals, for the criminals. It was Altaf Kalia the leader of the MQM MUSTAQUIL QUOMI MUSIBAT mafia

Zeradri, to his credit, is being the man that he always was: interested in power and money. Courtesy of the deal struck with Mushraf he has just won himself the biggest reprieve in Pakistani history, all cases against him -- and it was not easy counting them -- having been wound up. The people of Pakistan may yet be awaiting their miracle but he has received his.

"A strange nation we are, expecting wisdom from morons, radicalism from born opportunists, and virtue from knaves whose principal claim to fame is daylight national robbery."

Expecting miracles from jackasses*

Elections are no solution for this cancer’s removal; it has to be surgically removed by the people of Pakistan, by people’s power

• @Gujjar Talwar

Nevermind the misfortunes of average Pakistani, I think you definitely deserve IK. Keep it up.

What I asked is not about what I deserve, its about if they really deserve to be. I am not being judgmental and God knows I am not in a position to do so but if I get a better choice today I will surely go for it. PTI is lesser evil so far but if people like Sheikh Rasheed would keep joining, PTI would be at top in no time.

@alltrue12

Democracy will remain to be a curse in Pakistan unless masses are educated.

@xainahmed

Differentiation between good or bad is very subjective these days, unfortunately.

• PTI is lesser evil so far

======

A little other way around...

Based on performance in last five years, what if someone terms PPP as bigger evil and focus on the individual credentials of candidates from other parties. So vote for whosoever

• has done something good at least for the constituency

• is humane and social

• is approachable and helpful for the voters

It should be possible for urban voters who usually have a choice. For rural areas, still need to count on electables.

• PTI looks better because they were never given a chance to form a government. But so is pious Minhajul Quran or PAC. It is no excuse "since I have never been given a chance I should be given". Politics is a different ball game. You have to create hope for a change. Merely shouting PML-N and PPP are the most corrupt and we are the pious" does not make a change of heart. Politics is dirty game, even IK has been charged by his opponents on the point of corruption. You are the corrupt ones, we are not, is a childish behavior. What is required is solid road map for welfare of the masses that enters in public minds. Who is going to believe this if I were made the king, the corruption down the road would drain out within 90 days. Aladdin's lamp is not available in the market.

• Here is the LEADER

The man of passion to bring the change in his country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpQ7ZuRtSEs

• @Imtiazahmed bhai,

A shrewd cunning leader that has the capability to counter the evil moves of foreign powers deserves to be elected, no matter he is corrupt.

I disagree fundamentally.

To protect your body from disease, you need good health and a strong body, made possible by good nutrition and workout.

Just making cunning plans to avoid disease will not help you, but raw strength will do it because there are many loopholes which can be exploited.

To protect Pakistan against any foreign designs, Pakistan needs internal strength, driven from a wise and committed leader, and not a cunning leader who will ruin the country internally and even if he is willing to fend of foreign enemies (which is questionable) he will not succeed.

The second point is, the issue of sincerity. I don't even believe that the "cunning" minds you have in mind are sincere to Pakistan. There is a big question mark.

The second issue you raise is of eligibility for giving a chance.

It's a very valid argument that if A and B has failed, there is no point of selecting the same options if you have an option C. Now if that option is visibly worse, then there is no point of choosing it. But if there is no major differences, then this choice is very logical. And in our case, the option "C" is MORE promising on all accounts.

Of course, someone could differ on who is the real option C, and in our context, claim that PAT and Qadri to be the one, but it's for people to decide.

In my opinion, PTI and Imran Khan are not tested as in never being in government, but their struggle, sincerity is time-tested. 16 years in politics, never being part of power despite offers, and never giving up - that's indicative of a strength of character that is prerequisite to be qualified for the spot of leading the country. Which of the status quo parties can demonstrate this character? Those parties were BORN IN POWER.

So it's not that PTI is not tested at all.

You talk about policies. I say, which party has any policies besides PTI? It is the only party with detailed plans on everything from economy to energy to women to terrorism - on every major issue.

If you have no seen them, then you can request me or any PTI supporter to show you. But PTI has given detailed, written policies on major issues.

And again, it's not the policies majorly, it's the leader who gives direction to the policies. Detailed and mathematical solutions can fail under a poor leadership. IK has proven leadership credentials.

You talk about corruption, and say even IK has been accused. Even the accusers don't have the guts to pursue their accusations despite being in government because they know they are false. They have the government, what they are waiting for?

It's not about wild allegations. When we talk about corruption, we talk about detailed circumstantial evidence as well as court cases, which are been avoided or upon which stay orders are been sought.

Solving MAJOR corruption in 90 days is NOT a slogan - it has been done in countless countries. It is a something that PTI leadership has learned from other countries. And it's very logical: major corruption cannot occur without involving of government officials at some level.

All in all, PTI is not only a viable third option, it is the only genuine political platform to solve the manifolds crises facing Pakistan. It is not only a "new" party, it is a BETTER party on all accounts.

• Due to

Unplanned population growth

Biologically lethargic and corrupt attitude

Gradually shrinking resources,

Ideological and Hostile division,

no leader or political party would be able to make Pakistan an Ideal Welfare State for another 50 years, at least.

• شیخ صاحب ۔

یار کیوں ہر وقت مایوسی کی باتیں کرتے رہتے ہو ۔ پاکستان اب اتنا برا بھی نہیں ۔

‎زرا نم ہو تو یہ مٹی

‎بہت زرخیز ہے ساقی

• After a cycle of 2/3 years, people of Pakistan would start shouting,

Go Go Go

even if a person like Mohammad Ali Jinnah is at the President or Prime Minister House.

Wait and see.

• آسمان سے فرشتے اتریں گے ہمارے لیے

جسے ہم ویسے ہمارے رہنما