IK hoping to win via theory of elimination

• The title of this thread will be best explained by this old tale:

Long time ago, there was a village. The village chaudhary, (and also the number-dar) had just died. When that news reached a low cast, low-life marassi, he went to an old man to inquire about something.

“Who would be the new number-dar?” asks marassi.

“The son of the chaudhary, of course,” said the old man quickly.

The marassi thought for a few seconds and then asked again, “What if his son dies too?”

The old man rolled his eyes and stares at the marassi with a surprised look, “Well, the chaudhary has no other son, so I guess, chaudhary’s brother would assume the post.”

The marassi stayed silent for two more minutes and then hesitantly asked, “And, what if he dies too?”

The old man looked at the marassi with a mix of contempt and pity and replied, “Even if the whole village dies, you still wouldn't become the number-dar.”

The moral of the story is not to disrespect Imran Khan in anyway but to bring home an important point; that is, IK’s recent onslaught of negative attacks on Nawaz and PML(N) made me think that what he is trying to accomplish is to muddy the water so much with negativity that people would be forced to think that Nawaz is equally bad as Zardari. That way, the only choice they’re left with would be Imran Khan.

My PTI friends, let me explain to you that a political party or a figure never actually wins an election just by being the lesser of the two or three evils. A leader must make voters vote for him by highlighting his positive vision for the country; however, I must say this with regret that, after listening to his recent hateful speeches with full of venom against Sharifs, I have no doubt in my mind that he hasn't matured a bit, and come next elections, IK’s future will be no different than his past.

• But what makes you think that Imran Khan wants to win?

The real service to the nation is to make sure that PML-N does not win even if zardari gets another five years in power. The great Imran Khan is working hard to achieve that aim.

It is the biggest example of Imran Khan's selfless devotion to the country that he has specifically targeted PML-N only and has been trying to make sure that he divides enough PML-N votes to ensure PPP's victory in elections.

• Fortune tellers and their crystal balls ... sigh LOL :))

• Ik has personal differences with NS and also many times PML(N) people cheated IK and PTI. It is a personal battle between IK and NS. IK unable to understand that his only attack to PML(N) and ignoring Zardari most part is damaging his and his party image. Political maturity is all what is required by IK to go to next polls.

• ^^

Since u raise valid objections, here goes;

IK has no personal grudge, he went over to condole for Abas Sharifs loss. Its all political nothing personal.

IK hasnt attacked NS only, infact the day Mian sb and Zardari were having teetero ka naashta and celebrating zardaris presidency, IK protested at D-Chowk.

If you try piling up hsi press releases, u will find equal if not more material against Zardari then against NS.

As for maturity, I dont wish to comment their. IK is an acheiver, a global leader who isnt idolized for nothing. I concede that his experience, exposure, achievements, resilience, committment and service are far far far superior to mine therefore he knows well what to do what not to do.

Infact his achievements and effort are far far far superior to Mian sbs too.

• Arain71,

Good Analysis!!

The theory of elimination which he's banking upon would soon eliminate him from the politics of Pakistan. He will only be remembered like Asghar Khan thereafter in the history books.

• From the news paper of a week ago:

we had a bit of discussion back then as well on the same very issue..

PTI facing a Negativity Dilemma

• IK lacks political maturity . I have never seen any depth in his thinking. There are number of people who has done few years stint with PTI and then left with disappointment. They all say the same thing. Even Haroon Rashid has pointed out IK lacking couple of times by saying he lacks "murdam shaanasi" and "mamla fahmi"

• @Arian bhai,

Another dimension of this issue from another angle, more relevant to our country's situation.

What if the Number Dar has illegitimate relationships with the mother of the Mirasi and she uses that to induct his son into position in the Village council.

And then after conspiracies, the Number Dar, somehow puts that Mirasi on the thrown of Chaudary?

Bro, this is the state of our Pakistan - where military establishment and agencies (Number Dar) have made PMs (chaudaries) out of political midgets (mirasis) by using them for their own pusposes.

Askghar Khan's case is one such example.

Do you get it bro?

• IK lacks political maturity . I have never seen any depth in his thinking

:) .. World Economic Forum invites him year on year. They dont invite u or ur noo00ra gang.

U definitely cant see any depth par heere ko johri he pehchanta hai. Uv just exposed ur own level and maturity.

• Even Haroon Rashid has pointed out IK lacking couple of times by saying he lacks "murdam shaanasi" and "mamla fahmi"

This was hassan nisar if im not wrong. And every one is entitled to his/her opinion.

• IK has more accomplishments than Nawaz? I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the statement.

Let's see what IK has done when he was in power... oh wait, I forgot, the nation never actually trusted him for more than a single seat in the last 15 years, so there is really nothing we have to compare with NS.

OK, perhaps I'm too tough on IK. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and evaluate what he has done while in opposition:

(1) Declared Altaf & MQM a terrorist entity and was "successfully" able to put Altaf in London jail.

(2) Launched a campaign against drone attacks and was able to stop the attacks completely; thanks to IK that the FATA people can now take a sigh of relief.

(3) "Successfully" implemented a "Dharna" policy, where he announces a dharna first and explains the reason for that sit-in later.

(4) Called every politician in the parliament a thug but accepted each and every Mushurraf crony with loud cheers; it makes me wonder whether Musharraf supporters joined PTI, or IK himself has joined Musharraf League.

(5) Launched an onslaught against politicians who had assets in foreign countries, but when given the chance, "cleverly" invested his hospital money in Dabai.

(6) Whole heatedly supported the "legal" (aka shameful) Musharaff referendum, but sought nation's apology only when failed to get the PM slot from the dictator.

(7) "Successfully" disappeared from the NS long march when ordinary folks and lawyers were facing the wrath of government.

(8)Participated in a clever (aka shameful) act of trying to postpone elections with TuQ.

Off the top of my head, these are just a few examples I could scribble, but in reality, IK has a very long sheet. I'm sure when people go to polling booths, they will admire these brilliant accomplishments.

• @Arain bhai,

(1) Declared Altaf & MQM a terrorist entity and was "successfully" able to put Altaf in London jail.

(2) Launched a campaign against drone attacks and was able to stop the attacks completely; thanks to IK that the FATA people can now take a sigh of relief.

An opposition party outside of parliament can only raise voice and protest. Implementation will be done when in government. IK has proven his sincerity on above accounts, and this is what an opposition outside of parliament ought to do.

(4) Called every politician in the parliament a thug but accepted each and every Mushurraf crony with loud cheers; it makes me wonder whether Musharraf supporters joined PTI, or IK himself has joined Musharraf League.

IK never called Hashmi, Qureshi, "thug" even when they were in their old parties. IK called Nawaz and Zardari "thug", which is true.

IK could possibly not accept all Musharraf "cronnies", beause most of them have joined Noon-league.

And what about cronny of Zia-ul-Haq? You consider him your leader, no?

(5) Launched an onslaught against politicians who had assets in foreign countries, but when given the chance, "cleverly" invested his hospital money in Dabai.

SKMCH's assets are not IK's. All of IK's assets are in Pakistan. So no contradiction.

SKMCH caters to poor patients and it should have investments spread out so that it doesn't face net loss.

The same doesn't apply to rich politicians and their assets aspiring to for the top slot.

The rest of your points are either too low or full of lies that they need not be addressed.

• ^^

I wouldnt have bothered writing a rebuttal to all that ayen bayen shayen. But good on u brother.

• @FineInsaf,

Just admit it; all IK sit-ins and campaigns against drones or MQM were just theatrics, nothing more than that. Every party does that in some shape or form. The more you try to justify it, the more naive you sound.

About your argument that a party in opposition can only protest...

Well, isn't it what NS has been doing? They protest in the parliament, stage sit-ins, speak at public gathering just to make public aware of the issues. They act as a pressure group at the federal level; sometimes they are successful against the government and sometimes they are not.

Frankly speaking, what do you PTI folks want NS to do? Should he get naked and dance on the Motorway, and only then you guys would be satisfied?

I forgot you folks don't believe that NS is in opposition since they are in power in Punjab. PPP is in government in the center, three provinces, Kashmir, and northern area. They have 5 times more resources and money than Punjab.

You seriously need to take a crash course on Global Politics 101. In USA, more than 30 (out of 50) governors are from the opposition Republican Party. In Canada, the Liberal Party holds power in Ontario, the biggest province of Canada, but still being the number 2 opposition party. Look around, BJP is the opposition party in India but in government in several significant states.

Please grow up guys!

• Mudslinging on the opponent is the oldest trick in politics.All viable parties engage in it.

Get used to it.

• I wonder if we get a hung parliament after the elections, who would IK align himself with?

With this back & forth mudslinging, PMLN and PTI wouldn't be able to even shake hands, let alone be partners in parliament. Though both represent the conservative electorate.

• @Arain71: Don't worry IK will take another u-turn!

• He has aligned himself with Canadian Qadri group,supported his dharna,also supported his SC petition,Qadri himself is sitting in Zardari camp and gets to choose candidate for caretaker PM. So in effect Imran has joined Zardari's camp..