Sherry Rehman faces blasphemy charges

• A Pakistani businessman from Multan has accused ambassador to U.S. (Sherry Rehman) of blasphemy.

Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/pakistan-accuses-ambassador-u-blasphemy-124213305.html

This whole debate on blasphemy is politically and religiously motivated and this defective blasphemy law in Pakistan has not served its purpose. Instead, it has been and still being misused to settle differences and fights. Like her, Governor Taseer also called for reforming this defective law and lost his life at the hands of a mad gunman. This is a man-made law which can be overhauled and reformed if required.

It is sickening to notice how small-minded sick people can register cases against individuals in Pakistani society and use this defective law to justify their standpoint.

• Frequent misuse of Blasphemy Charges from a twisted mindset, has made the Blasphemy Law, a Joke.

I guess, no one takes such charges seriously, just like Fatwas of Kufr.

As a reaction to Mulla and Molvi, Now Internet and Electronic Media has been flooded with so called ‘Blasphemy’.

Thread merged:

http://pkpolitics.com/discuss/topic/shireen-rahman-on-the-hook-in-a-blasphemy-case-punjab-police

• I am not sure she said anything in talk show but I knew once she raised the issue in parliment for reconsiderring the procedures of Blasphemy law.

Article 66 of constitution of Pakistan

66. Privileges of members, etc.

_

(1) Subject to the Constitution and to the rules of procedure of [66] [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)], there shall be freedom of speech in [66][Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) ] and no member shall be liable to any proceedings in any court in respect of anything said or any vote given by him in [66][Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)], and no person shall be so liable in respect of the publication by or under the authority of [66][Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] of any report, paper, votes or proceedings.

_