A Musharraf Loyalist Becomes PTI Lahore President

• As a former Lahori, PTI internal election in Lahore was of some interest to me. I must say this with great sadness that a Musharraf loyalist, a fomer Q Leaguer & minister, and a new entrant to PTI, Abdul Aleem Khan has just become the new PTI president of the Lahore chapter. He defeated Mian Mehmood-ur-Rashid, the incumbent. Aleem khan's only qualification is his wealth. It was reported in the media that he was the chief financier of the Oct 30th PTI gathering where he spent millions from his own pocket. Although Mehmood-ur-Reashind was also a crook and his name circulated in several LDA plot scandals during 90's when he was in IJI, but he stayed with IK during his bad times (almost 15 years). I though that, at the end, Mehmood might eek out a victory despite being overspent by his opponent ten to one. Deep down I was hoping for a defeat of an opportunist; that didn't happen. IK isn't to be blamed because he gave both candidates an equal chance. Imagine that now Aleem & compnay will be recommending PTI candidates from Lahore for the general elections, a shameful scenario.

In the end, money, bribery, and opportunism won, and loyalty, faith, and ideology suffered a great defeat!

This has also cemented my belief that it's not a new PTI after Oct 30th, it looks more like Q League 2.0.

• Abdul Aleem khan's only qualification is his wealth. It was reported in the media that he was the chief financier of the Oct 30th PTI gathering where he spent millions from his own pocket.

What a baloney. I do not know Mr. Abdul Aleem Khan but he joined Tehreek-e-Insaf on January 12, 2012. And a Nawazi propagandist picked his pocket way before that; October 2011. Keep your facts straight or bring some logic to your malicious hoopla.

• Was Abdul Aleem Khan loyal to Musharraf more than Tariq Azeem?

I dont know his role in musharraf govt., can anyone enlighthened about Abdul Aleem Khan

• @BitterTruth

Thanks for enlightening us that PTI follows PMLN; PMLN took Mushi loyalist Tariq Azeem and PTI following PMLN took Abdul Aleem Khan.

• Mr Khan,

Aleem's name was reported in the media as one of the people who funded for the October 30th Jalsa. Since Imran never actually disclosed the names of his fundraisers, we would never know for sure who actually donated. Aleem was supporting PTI way before his actual joining of the party.

I know him from his past; Aleem is a crook. The sad thing is that after formally joining the party, he becomes the president of Lahore in just about a year. Man, I must admire you PTI voters, you guys really know how to find jewels from the haystack.

BitterTruth, could you tell me what rank Tariq Azim enjoys in PMLN? With the exception of Amir Muqam, no new entrant is given a spot in the leadership. You guys are ditching the old folks so quickly like there is no tomorrow.

• اب تو ماشاء اللہ شیرو کافی بڑا ہوگیا ہے

شیرو تو بڑا ہو گیا لیکن افسوس کہ شیرو دینے والا اور شیرو لینے والا سیاسی سوچ کے حوالے سے اب بھی بڑے نہیں ہوسکے، نہ جانے وہ کب بڑے ہوں گے؟

• @Arain71 Sb.

Honestly, only I know about Tariq Azeem, he was one of great and best defenders of Musharraf.

Now a days one can find him doing same Job for Punjab govt. and Shareef brothers on TV shows, his name appears as Leaders of PMLN.

In PMLN, I dont even know what is the position of Ch. Nisar Ali Khan. All I know about position in PMLN are below:

"You guys are ditching the old folks so quickly like there is no tomorrow"......

• Genuine democracy shown by land grabbers in P(O)TI Elections

Mehmood Rasheed on Fire

• Dup - Bawa, do not spam.

• تحریک انصاف جس سے ساری پارٹیاں گھبراتی ہیں مبارک باد کی مستحق ہے کہ اس نے اپنی پارٹی میں انتخابات کروائے جب کہ پیپلز پارٹی جیسے بڑی پارٹی میں بھی نامزدگیاں ہوتی ہیں آج لڑائی جھگڑے کے کچھ واقعات ہوئے لیکن یہ لڑائی جھگڑے بھی زندہ پارٹیوں میں ہوتے ہیں مردہ پارٹیوں میں نہیں - اور ایسا صرف ایک دو جگہوں پر ہوا سو ایسی کوئی بڑی بات نہیں ہے - مشتاق منہاس

میڈیا آج کے چند لڑائی جھگڑوں کو بڑھا چڑھا کر پیش کر رہا ہے ان لڑائی جھگڑوں سے ہی ثابت ہوتا ہے کہ تحریک انصاف کے ٹکٹ اور عہدے میں اتنی کشش نظر آ رہی ہے جو یہ مارا ماری ہو رہی ہے - 16 سالوں سے عمران خان سیاست میں لگے ہوئے ہیں اور ایسا کبھی نہیں ہوا - اتنے کارکن عمران خان کو پورے پاکستان میں نہیں

ملے جتنے گوجرانولہ میں آج نظر آ رہے تھے - نصرت جاوید

On the other side this is what establishments puppets doing :-)

• LOL Mango shb... Remember the "HANDS UP" style elections of a certain party in KPK? On the other hand these were the REAL elections so infighting and mismanagement even though in any form or anywhere is condenmable but was always on the cards..

Your CONCERNS about mismangement in PTI elections are very valid but I hope things will improve with time and with further itertions of the excercize..

• Anas bahi

LOL; you don't give such margin to other parties; such ghunda gardi happened in almost every district of punjab in PTI election; unfortunately, PTI could not establish democratic culture within itself

• Every District? There are 36 districts in punjab and I am sure you cannot post more than 5-6 districts incidents

• i think now we have glimpse of the behavior PTI is going to put in General elections, they will fight like this and then their leadership will come of tv screens and will defend these guys saying that it happened because of rigging...

the saddest part of Gujranwala elections was where agents were pushing voters to vote for their candidates only and the allegation of pre-poll rigging... a party which have already propagating that there is going to be rigging in these elections and that there is pre-poll rigging, are doing it in their own elections where everyone, the candidate and the voter is from the PTI only...

here is what one have to say

I myself is the contestant and witness of intra party elections from dist. Gujranwala. Here at the polling station arranged in Abdullah Marriage Hall near Pindi bypass dist. election commission is totally failed to manage discipline. polling agents were forcing the voters to vote for the candidate against the voters will. Mostly polling agents tick the ballot papers himself. There was a mess up in the polling hall every one is allowed to enter and move freely in the polling hall. It is also heard that pre-poll rigging happened. voters were distracted through money. MY SUGGESTION IS THAT IF NEXT TIME INTRA PARTY ELECTIONS WOULD BE HELD THEN VOTERS ARE ALLOWED TO CAST THEIR VOTES USING THEIR REGISTERED MOBILE PHONE. THIS WOULD RISE THE VOTE CASTING RATIO AND PREVENT ANY UNWANTED SITUATION TO BE HAPPENED.

• اے ڈانگاں تے گھسن مکے ساڈے پنجاب دی ریت اے ایدے توں پریشان نہ ہووو

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.