Five Years Of Democracy

• Let's look the five years period of the PPP, PMLN and their Alliances, from a positive angle.

1. For the first time in the political history of Pakistan Civilian Governments didn't surrender to 18 attacks by the Military Establishment and a perpetual bashing from Media.

2. Freedom of Expression, helped to educate the public opinion about the root causes of social, political, cultural, economic and moral evils.

3. This period could be acknowledged in history as a bridge or necessary evil to push Pakistan towards a better era.

4. I guess for the first time during 65 years, youth of Pakistan feels seriously concerned about their survival as a Developing Nation.

5. During the five years, more and more people got aware of the difference between Secularism and Theocracy.

6. Hostile and friendly debates at the Media served as elementary stage for the promotion of Public Opinion.

7. Five Years Period also helped to make future politicians conscious about importance of performance for their survival in political arena.

8. Future Historians and Analysts would definitely, rate the five years period of chaos and turmoil as a carrier towards stability and reality.

• I agree on political tolerance and freedom of expression which has improved the chances for democracy to survive. However, the PPP led Govt appears to have remained in power for the sake of power. They have behaved like spectators, letting things like violence and economic decline go its way. Let's see how the voters rate them at the polls.

• Dear Gujjar Talwar,

It is not about, who wins the next elections or what could be the future of PPP or PMLN.

I just evaluated the consequences and outcome of Five Years Democratic period, good or bad.

This period served as a carrier and bridge to the next progressive stage.

There would have been no Akbar, the Great, had there been no Humayoon.

• Let's look the five years period of the PPP, PMLN and their Alliances, from a positive angle.

دو شاہی خاندانوں کا ملک و قوم کو لوٹنے کے لیے مک مکا ۔۔۔۔۔۔

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dhcsvP7wZI

• 5 years of democracy.....!

I wonder if we remember our history.

We had a pure civilian rule from August 1947 till October 1958, when Ayub Khan imposed first martial-law.

The politicians of that time are only to be blamed for involving the beurocracy, civil and military. Ghulam Muhammad and Sikendar Mirza were inducted into politics by then politicians.

After that, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto opted to call elections at his will before even his term was completed. Again these were the politicians who started agitations against Bhutto and didn't agree on anything less than the military rule. As soon as martial was imposed they accepted the ministries under a military ruler. These were the politicians who distributed sweets when Bhutto was hanged.

Pakistani nation has been bitten by both, democracy and military rule.

For the people of Pakistan, 5 years of democracy was as ruthless, as naked, as selfish, as barbaric, as ignorant, and as shameful, as any of the military rule has been.

Mirza Ghalib has said:

Bhaag in barda faroshon se kahan ke bhai

Baich he dalen jo Yusuf sa brother paaen.

We must keep an eye on these 'barda fraoshs'.

May Allah bless our beloved Pakistan.

• Five years is not much in a nation's history. Yes, one could find positive things, but I think, it is more dependent upon the next Govt. If people would see improvement, current sufferings will be forgotten and may be this is termed as transition period towards democracy. Otherwise cursing will be for both.

Masses need tangible relief to keep/strengthen their belief on democracy. It is hard to sell the idea of civil supremacy without performance by the elected ones.

At the moment, one important thing to see is how power is transferred. A peaceful transfer through as fair as possible elections will be put to the credit of political forces.

• Very nicely summed up ... "Future Historians and Analysts would definitely, rate the five years period of chaos and turmoil as a carrier towards stability and reality"

• پانچ سال ملک کے پنتیس ہزار افراد مارے گئے اور ملک کو بے حد نقصان ہوا تب تو امن کی کوئی کوشش نہیں کی گئی ۔ اب جب حکومت کے پانچ دن رہ گئے تو امن کے مہادے کیے جا رہے ہیں ۔ اس سے معلوم ہوتا ہے کہ حکومت ملک و قوم کی خیر خواہ نہیں ہے ۔ بھائی جب تم پانچ سال تک تماشہ کرتے رہے تو پانچ دس دن اور تماشہ کرنے سے کوئی فرق تھوڑی پڑتا ۔ یہ تو مہادے ایسے کر رہیں ہیں جیسے ان کو اس بات کا پورا یقین ہے کہ اگلی خکومت بھی ان کی ہو گی ۔۔۔۔۔۔

نہیں ہرگز نہیں - آنے والا وقت اس بات کی گواہی دیگا کہ شریف خاندان اور بھٹو ۔ زرداری خاندان ۔ لندن اور جدہ کی حکومتوں سے تو مھادے کر سکے گیں لیکن پاکستان کے مستقبل کے بارے میں کوئی مھادے نہیں کر سکیں گیں ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

• امریکہ کے چیلوں کی امن کوششوں کی وجہ سامنے ا گئی ۔۔۔۔

• Five Years Period of chaos, due to poor performance by the existing Coalition, would definitely, trigger a spirit to motivate the next Governments for better performance.

I take this period as an exercise to warm up before the real Test.

During the past 5-10 years, Media Mess has also contributed to flush the trash out of public opinion.

Only the fittest would stay in the race.

• Five Years Period of chaos, due to poor performance by the existing Coalition, would definitely, trigger a spirit to motivate the next Governments for better performance.

Javed sahib

Your comment seems very logical yet it is more of a hope than certainty. I wish if what you are saying comes true.

My fear is the fragmentation of our society, the pockets of political support, the role of smaller parties makes it difficult for a any government to perform. It seems that PML(N) probably will emerge as the largest party but will it be able to govern the way it shall, I dont know.

May be after 3 ~ 4 change of governments, things may start improving.

• May be after 3 ~ 4 change of governments, things may start improving.

پاکستان کی اگلی حکومت اس شرط پر بہتری لانے کے قابل ہو سکے گی اگر وہ دہ شاہی خاندان جو کئی دھیوں سے باریاں لگا کر ملک و قوم کو لٹنے میں لگے ہیں اس حکومت کا حصہ نہ بنیں ۔ اور ایسا تب ہی ممکن ہو سکتا ہے اگر ان خاندانوں کے پچاری ان خاندانوں کی پوجا پاٹ چھوڑ کر ملک و قوم کی بھلائی کی فکر کرنی شروع کر دیں ۔۔۔ لیکن اس کے لیے ان پچاریوں کو اپنے مفاد کو قربان کرنا ہو گا ۔ کیا یہ پچاری ایسی قربانی دینے کے لیے تیار ہیں ؟ مجھے تو ایسے نظر نہیں ا رہا ۔ پہلے بھی یہ شاہی خاندانوں کی باریوں کے لیے قربانی دیتے رہے ہیں اب بھی یہ شاہی خاندانوں کی باری کے لیے نہ صرف اپنی بلکہ ملک و قوم کی قربانی دیتے رہیں گیں ۔۔۔۔

ملک ڈوبتا ہے تو ڈوبے ۔ قوم بھاڑ میں جاتی ہے تو جائے - باری نہ نکلنے پائے ۔۔۔۔