Intra-party polls of PTI: In-fighting

• Tribune:

In-fighting and factionalism marred the intra-party elections of the PTI in Rawalpindi district on Tuesday. The elections were scheduled for the slot of president, district presidents and secretary general in district Rawalpindi including the Rawal Town, but a stay by one group suspended the whole process. Workers complained about absence of level playing field to candidates. Ejaz Khan Jazi, leader of his own group, held members of the party’s election commission responsible for suspension of the elections.

Kamran Khan:

• Firing during PTI elections injures three:

LAHORE: At least three people were injured in Lahore in a firing incident during the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf’s (PTI) intra-party elections held on Monday whereas police arrested eight suspects accused if disrupting law and order, DawnNews reported.

The incident occurred when an argument erupted between two contending groups of the PTI, both of whom accused each other of rigging the intra-party polls.

• ^^^Where there is life, there are problems of life.

The dead won't understand.

PTI has done this great thing to make the party democratic. It is the only party of its kind now.

IT was the first party to conduct such elections, so there are bound to be problems. But the exercise is about to complete and it has largely gone well and set new precedents.

It is now an institutions compared to the sorry excuses of political parties like PPP and PMLN.

I understand the pain of PMLN supporters. These elections have made PTI an institution and made the choice easier for those who want change.

• Vandalism, hooliganism mar intra-PTI election

SIALKOT - The intra-party elections of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) were postponed for an indefinite time after vandalism and hooliganism by some armed workers during polling at main polling station here at Baitul Aroos on Paris on Tuesday.

A spokesman for PTI Khawaja Arif Ahmed (former general secretary of PTI Sialkot district) told the newsmen that polling was underway in a peaceful manner for inter-party elections when some armed PTI men belong to both PTI rival groups namely Shah Nawaz Group and Umer Farooq Mayere Group stormed into the polling station set up at Baitul Aroos on Paris Road Sialkot. They took hostage the workers, agents and polling staff and stopped the polling. The accused also badly tortured physically polling agents and other staff there and broke the furniture on the premises,” he added.

• Even PML(Q) claims to held intra-party elections, which are normally thought to be first of its kind here:

• The following parties also hold intra-party elections:

• ANP

• Jammat-e-Islami

• @UmerTahir

Have the other parties you mentioned laid out guidelines, procedures, and involved PUBLIC party members in their "so called" elections? else it's all a farce.

Whether people all over pakistan support party elections or not, is irrelevant. If they crave a strong productive democratic gov't, then open, clear, political party elections via an established member base is the only way. (as in the rest of the developed world)

So to summarize your previous six posts in this thread articulated particulary to ridicule a party's attempt to "democratize" itself, let me say that until the rest of pakistan's parties do not follow suit and come out of closed door elections, their claim to democracy is just a travesty.

• ‎یہ جو شاہی خاندان کے پچاری تحریک انصاف کے پارٹی الیکشن پر احتراضات کر رہے ہیں پہلے یہ ان شاہی خاندانوں کی پوجا پاٹ کرنی چھوڑیں اور اپنے اقاوں سے گزارش کریں کہ وہ بھی ہمت کریں اور پارٹی الیکشن کروائیں تاکہ کارکنوں کو اپنے قائدین کو چننے کا موقعہ ملے ۔۔۔۔

‎لیکن یہ شاہی خاندان ۔ بھٹو ۔زرداری خاندان اور شریف خاندان کبھی ایسا نہیں کریں گیں ۔۔۔ کیونکہ ان کو علم ہے کہ اس طرح سے کوئی درزی ۔ رکشا ڈرائیور اپنی مقبولیت کی وجہ سے اگے ا جائے گا اور عوام کی طاقت سے اس عہدے پر انے کی وجہ سے ان بادشاہوں کی ہاں میں یاں ملنا اور ان کی پوجہ پاٹ کرنا چھوڑ کر عوام کے اصل مسائل کا حل نکالنے کی کوشش کرے گا ۔ جس کی وجہ سے ان خاندانوں کو باریاں لگا کر ملک و قوم کو لوٹنے کا موقعہ نہیں مل سکے گا ۔۔۔۔۔۔

‎خود تو ان دو خاندانوں کا کام ملک و قوم کو لوٹنا ہے ۔ لیکن اگر ایک عوامی پارٹی اپنے کارکنوں کو پارٹی الکشن کرا کر اپنے قائدین کو چننے کا موقعہ دیتی ہے تو ایسے جمہوری اقدام کو ثبوتث کرنے کے لیے یہ اپنے غنڈے بھیچتے ہیں تاکہ یہ ناکام ہو جائیں لیکن اصل میں یہ دو شاہی خاندان ۔ بھٹو ۔زرداری خاندان اور شریف خاندان ۔ اس دفعہ ملک و قوم کو لوٹنے میں ناکام ہونکیں

• This post is about how disciplined and strategic PTI members are that they are fighting with each other for power.

None of my previous posts are saying that PTI is not a democratic party. No doubt, intra-party polls is a good step towards democracy but if people are physically fighting to win a seat then it makes you think that why these guys are hungry for power??

Secondly, if such people are ready to kill their own party members in just intra-party elections then I wonder what blood shed they will cause in the general elections.

• @UmerTahir

Indeed, Punching one's way into a position may not be cited as discipline nor a strategy. They deserve outright disqualification at the least.

You're agreeing (in theory) with Intra-Party polling adds, alas, a little balance to your thread.

Khair, I think some form of punitive measures from PTI are the only thing that may hinder any replication of this behaviour in the actual national elections.

• یار - اسکی اردو تو ٹھیک کروا لو

اسکو بتاو کہ مثالی اور نمونہ کا ایک ہی مطلب ہے اور مثالی نمونہ نہیں عملی نمونہ ہوتا ہے

مجھے لگتا ہے بابا نیازی سیاست کی طرح ہر طرف سے ہی پیدل ہے

:) :)

• I think PMLN should brace for another wave of PTI deserters who lost the party elections. I don't know if PMLN is ready for this onslaught of dejected inqlabis.

• اگر پیدل کوئی نہیں ہے تو وہ دو شاہی خاندان ہیں جو ملک و قوم کو لوٹنے کی باریاں لینے کے لیے ہوا میں اڑ رہے ہیں ۔۔۔۔

‎ملک ڈوبتا ہے تو ڈوبے ۔ قوم بھاڑ میں جاتی ہے تو جائے - باری نہ نکلنے پائے ۔۔۔۔

• This post is deleted!

• I don't think PML(N) would be interested in the candidates who would not be popular amongst awam.

• PTI has successfully conducted its internal elections in various parts of the country and should be applauded. It faced problems along the way but had the will to solve them and achieved what it set out to do.

No other party, including N League, has the capacity, skill and ability to conduct such an exercise.

On the other hand Paindoo League is busy correcting mistakes in Urdu.

• misali namoona

so what i have understood from the phrase is

misali namoona= ideal model

what is so wrong in using these words combined ??

but i don't claim to be an expert of Urdu language .User who indicated the mistake reserves all the rights ;)

• @xero and Bawa

Exampolary Sample can be a correct interpretation

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.