War-weariness?: Taliban may launch political party

• ISLAMABAD:

Contrary to their public war rhetoric, the Afghan Taliban are considering a ‘political solution’ to over a decade-long conflict in Afghanistan, a senior Taliban leader has revealed.

“We must launch a political movement to achieve the goals for which we have made so many sacrifices,” said Mullah Agha Jan Mutasim, former head of the Taliban Political Commission and a close confidant of the militia’s elusive leader Mullah Omar.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/515514/war-weariness-taliban-may-launch-political-party/

• Sanity finally prevailing?

• They will certainly get few votes if not locally definitely from overseas Pakistanis ... am I right Abdul Rehman Saab?

:)

• War-weariness? Kahan ki war weariness, they are winning the war, US is running away. Why people, why, why do u come up with these kind of unrealistic assumptions?

Its sort of funny that almost all the world are against them, they have been attributed with almost every thing, inhuman, barbaric, comic etc etc, every kind of propaganda have been used against them and they are still winning.

• Why people, why, why do u come up with these kind of unrealistic assumptions?

We are not saying this, it is Mulla Omar's spokesperson Mulla Agha Jan Mutasim saying this.

Maybe you need to contact Mulla Omar and offer your services to the Ameer ul-Momineen. They can use some fresh blood.

“We are waiting for conducive conditions to make a formal announcement,” said Mutasim, when asked about the possible launch of their political party.

Mullah Mutasim was a minister in the Taliban regime before it was toppled by the United States and its allies in 2001. He had survived an assassination attempt in Karachi in 2010, and now lives in Turkey.

Mullah Mutasim is also concerned about possible civil war in the post-2014 Afghanistan. “This concern deepens when one considers possible interventions [in Afghanistan] by greedy neighbours and other regional powers,” he added.

• They will certainly get few votes if not locally definitely from overseas Pakistanis

Shirazi Sb

They won't ask for votes.They believe in "Baya", those who refuse will be beheaded.

:)

• @Zia M

Dear, please read the profile of the person that has been quoted, he is not part of Taliban any more, actually he was kicked out of the ranks.

http://www.afghan-bios.info/index.php?option=com_afghanbios&id=768&task=view&total=2510&start=995&Itemid=2

2ndly; also Taliban being war weary was not even quoted on his behalf by Tribune.pk, it was their own analysis.

So first off all he is not a spokesmen for Taliban, 2nd of all if u want to defend a fabricated story that is based upon the author's own agenda, u are welcome and 3rd of all if I ll feel like that; I ll go join Amir e Amarat e Afghanistan: Mullah Muhammad Ummer, for that really I am not in need of you advises, so please keep them to your self.

Regards

• @ amir ali

If the story was fabricated by the Newspaper, please aim your gun at them. I simply quoted the newspaper.

Yes, it is purely your choice whether to join Mulla Omar or Malik Ishaq.

Please don't take it personally, i was just kidding!

• @Zia M

Dear, you did said the following:

" We are not saying this, it is Mulla Omar's spokesperson Mulla Agha Jan Mutasim saying this"

Its obvious that the story is just a pure bunch of lies.

Also I stopped taking you seriously after your first reply, your 2nd reply just reconfirmed my reasons.

Regards!