Should an ADD morphing picture of Qaid-e-Azam into Musharraf air on TV?

• Should an advertisement morphing picture of Qaid-e-Azam into Musharraf air on TV?

I have seen this add on Express and found it distasteful.

Should their be bounds to advertisement as to how Qaid-e-Azam picture is used?

• It can only further anger the public against him. Wrong morally but how would you control such use unless you had a total ban on the political use of the pictures of pioneers of Pakistan such as Qaid, Iqbal, Fatimah Jinah etc?

• @short life endless plans

whoelse are in list of pioneers of Pakistan?

• @expakistani

Is there any debate that Qaid-e-Azam is pioneer of Pakistan?

• @sipahi

Not really, but Musharaf was Qaid e Asghar

com'on let people express their love for Quid.... the way they want.....

• @expakistani

"com'on let people express their love for Quid.... the way they want....."

I am just asking opinion of other people.

In my opinion, there is big silent majority of Pakistan, which doesn't like Qaid-e-Azam to be used for personal advertisement, and that too by a person who clearly violated constitution.

In this advertisement, no one is showing love for anyone but self.

• Well, Jinah was the greatest leader Pakistan or Muslims of subcontinent ever had. Having said that, he was a human. He may have flaws in his personal life, and people should be able to disagree with his philosophy or his ideologies. Let's not make him a saint, otherwise, people like Mumtaz Qadri can take matters into their own hands.

• No one is making him saint.

But without his leadership to bring subcontinent muslims together, it couldn't have been possible to win nearly all of the Muslim vote in the elections of 1946. That victory led to creation of Pakistan.

You can disagree with his personal life & philosophy but he has been a mohsin to all Pakistanis, whether they accept it or not.

Using image of Qaid by constitution breaker to imply that they are same is beyond the pail.

• The leadership of Quaid-e-Azam is not in dispute. But there is something called the freedom of speech. Any Pakistani, including Musharraf can use his image. Remember, he is not convicted yet; the present government sent him away after giving him a guard of honor.

Plus, I'm not aware of any current laws that stop anybody from using Quaid'd picture or image for such purposes.

• "But there is something called the freedom of speech."

There is something called "Code of Conduct". We are a nation of 95% plus Muslims. We follow in the sunnat of our Prophet of Islam. The primary purpose of his besath was to bring to peak the morals of all human beings.

Musharraf openly accepts that he did all the things he is accused, including breaking of constitution and extra judicial killings.

Unbirdled freedom of speech leads to destruction of societies.

There should be self governed code of conduct, that certain advertisements shall not be broadcast.

Qaid-e-Azam has been a Mohsin for all Pakistanis and it is khabasat to disrespect to your mohsin.

Allowing an advertisement where Qaid-e-Azam is being morphed into Musharraf is showing disrespect to the Qaid-e-Azam.

• I agree with Arain71. Jinnah was a human being. Let's not start worshipping him...

• @oldman

I am sure it is not okay with you if someone disrespects your dad, you wouldn't consider it as freedom of speech, will you?

There is a big difference between respect and worship. I am talking about respect. But, I suppose you people are too young to understand the effort in obtaining independence.

• Sipahi,

Did Mushy abuse Baba Quaid or just morphed the picture in an ad. I don't see any disrespect in morphing.

• Musharraf abused constitution of Pakistan when he took over via military coup, abrogation of constitution, extra judicial killing, sold people, locking up SC & HC Justices, etc.

By morphing, he is trying to imply that he is second coming of Qaid-e-Azam. It is deplorable.

• ^^^

I think Spahi Bhai's views in above context are convincing.

Quaid was a human being and to err is human, but Musharraf's above acts are willful and criminal. BTW his last coup has not been legitimized by the parliament.

• ^^

OK, so why not first put him in jail instead of convicting him on the Internet, Facebook, or on this forum? No judge or politician has a shred of courage to bring him to justice; all we see is the same old mantra in the media against him but no action.

Remember, Gen Yahya, a crook who was directly responsible for the separation of Pakistan, was buried with a Pakistani flag and with full honor.

• Bhai, if one can't punish a criminal for whatsoever reason, does this restrict him from having his own opinion.

• In getting criminal proceedings against GM the biggest problem is the brass of the Army. They don't believe in punishment of their own even if they are proven guilty. Actually they protect their guilty.

That is why, I am talking about "social punishment" based on ethics. Challenging and condemning his any further abuse of Pakistan, its constitution and Qaid-e-Azam is duty of all who want justice.

• @Sipahi bhai,

There several political parties and politician and journalist, who refers Mr. Jinnah to support their speeches, sometime by opposing him and sometime by favouring him.

When Mumtaz Qadri has killed Salman Taseer then Hamid Mir has written a column and referred Mr. Jinnah's case for defending Ghazi Ilam Din.

Abul Ala Maududi had openly opposed Mr. Jinnah and called him Kafir-e-Azam but Today Mr. Fareed Parach in Vision on ARY called Mr. Jinnah Rehmatullah.

Mr. Jinnah, no doubt, was a great leader and founder of Pakistan. You can't stop people taking his name and showing his picture based on some allegation.

I fear if one try this formula, this will result vanishing Mr. Jinnah's Name from our country as other can also entrap you even with false allegation and this will continue and no one will be here to take Mr. Jinnah's Name and to Show his picture.

• @BitterTruth

Couple of things.

Have you seen that advertisement? What he is implying, I have not seen anyone do that. By morphing, he is trying to imply that he is second coming of Qaid-e-Azam. It is deplorable.

GM proudly accepts all the abuse he has done to Pakistan, its constitution and its people. Musharraf abused constitution of Pakistan when he took over via military coup, abrogation of constitution, extra judicial killing, sold people, locking up SC & HC Justices, etc. There is no case of false accusations.