Election Commission issues election schedule

• The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) issued the schedule for general elections 2013 on Friday, Express News reported.

According to the schedule, the returning officer will issue a public notice by March 23 and candidates can file nomination papers with the returning officer from March 24-29.

The ECP directed officers of the Election Commission and the returning officers to keep offices open on March 23 and 24.

Scrutiny of the candidates will be done from March 30 to April 5.

From April 9, the candidates and their opponents can file appeals, which will be reviewed by the tribunals until April 16.

Any candidate can be disqualified from contesting the elections until April 17 and final list of candidates, who will be contesting the elections, will be issued on April 18. Following that, the ECP has allotted 22 days to the election candidates for the election campaign and general elections 2013 will be held on May 11.

• This essentially means a week from now by March 29th all aprties have to finalize all their candidates. This is daunting task for everyone more so for PTI who don't have an history of candidates all over the country like other major parties.

• I think we will see a major turn of coats coming weeks. PML(N) I think will be the most favorite party for all party changers. Where PML(Q) end up it will be interesting to see, Chaudari Shujahat/Pervaiz Elahi in hot water next week or so.

• ہر گاہ تمام حضرات بشمول ، انقلابی ، غیر انقلابی ، انصافی ، غیر انصافی ، جیالا و غیر جیالا ، متوالا و غیر متوالا ، تمام مسلم لیگی ا ،ب،پ ت ٹ ج چ ح خ وغیرہ وغیرہ کہہ انتخابی جدول کا واقعی میں اعلان ہو گیا ہے ، اس لئے انٹر نیٹ پر اپنا وقت کم صرف کیا جائے کہ انتخابات انٹرنیٹ پر نہیں بلکہ مئی کی سخت گرمی میں زمین پر ہونگے

کسی کو بھی انتخابات سے بھاگنے کا موقع فراہم نہیں کیا جائے گا بلکہ اگر کوئی انتخابات سے بھاگنے کی بھی کوشش کرے گا تو زبردستی ( یہ دستی، جمشید والا نہیں ہے ) اسکو انتخابات میں حصہ لینے پر مجبور کیا جائے گا اور کوئی عذر قابل قبول نا ہوگا

اعلان ہٰذا اسلئے کیا جاتا ہے کہ سند رہے اور بوقت ضرورت کام آئے اور کوئی بعد میں جھگڑا نا کرے کہ ہمیں تو پتا ہی نہیں تھا کہ انتخابات زمین پر ہونے ہیں

منجانب لچ تل پارٹی ، میں نا مانو دھڑا

ف ج

• ارے بھائی اتنی جلدی بھی کیا ہے ابھی تو انقلابی بھائی جلسے کی تیاری میں لگے ہیں اور اس کے بحد کچھ دن نیٹ پر جلسے کی تصویریں ویڈیو چلیں گی کچھ دن تو انقلابی بھائیلطف لے لیں بھائی اتنی گرمی میں ووٹ ڈالنا ان کے بس کی بات نہیں اور پھر پولیس کے ڈنڈے کا بھی خطرہ ہے بھائی انقلاب کیسے آ سکتا ہے اگر پولیس ڈنڈے مارے گی

• My apologies to PTI supporters for above post as I know most of them are not mummy dady burger group.Reality is election will not be held on internet but in very hot summer day without AC and may be no electricity. Revolutions need hard work and even blood, just sitting on internet you cannot help IK and cannot bring PTI in power.

• I also regret the decision of holding elections on weekend. Soonaama kids were expecting one extra day to play cricket in streets but zardari after having mukmuka with NS decided to deny them this great opportunity to improve their wicket taking skills

Looks like your connection to Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.