Toothless Judiciary Is Also Responsible for Blood Spilling Terrorism

• Countless innocent people have so far been killed in the subversive activities of terrorists. Many culprits are reported to be arrested also but no court decision surfaces up to give any peace of mind to the public. No exemplary punishments are ever awarded. After major events of terrorism, judicial commissions are established and judicial inquiries are announced but all end up into smoke. Terrorists have no fear of being punished by any courts of law. Our judiciary is absolutely toothless. One has to acknowledge a real fact that :

Toothless Judiciary Is Also Responsible for Blood Spilling Terrorism

• Agreed. But you also need to understand Judiciary alone can't be blamed. Our Judges are easy targets of militants and insurgents. They can't take independent decisions. Unless as a society we can provide them safety net they won't be able to go after extremists. Overall system is broken not just Judiciary. There is a reason even country like US decided not ti trial these militants and instead keep them off the field in Guantamobay - the lack of prosecution and overwhelming threat to legal fraternity and society as whole. The legal system is devised for peace time not war criminals.

Keeping idealism aside I 'd prefer Guantamobay in US and missing persons in Pakistan over militants roaming around unaccounted.

• Mr. Shirazi

The judges are capable of shaking up the govts. of Musharaff Zardari. I wonder why they are so toothless against terrorists? No terrorists are ever reported to be awarded death sentences. I think weakness of judiciary lies in its heavy corruption also.

• If CJ sends PM home or calls DG ISI in court - it's all under glaring media watch where agrived party can't go all out against Judge. But if some militant is punished by some unknown Judge what protection does he or his family have?

• Mr. Shirazi

Army is fighting is against the terrorists and sacrificing its countless soldiers. Policemen are also sacrificing their lives. Para-military soldiers are also fighting bravely. Some righteous media men are also fighting against these terrorists and sacrificing their lives. Why is judiciary so toothless to take any bold decisions?

The army is blamed to be sometimes committing extra judicial killings. I once asked a Major the reason for extra judicial killings. He told me that once they arrested a terrorist who was responsible for killings of many soldiers. When he was summoned to the army Colonel. He ordered the soldiers to kill the terrorist. The reason was that countless terrorists were arrested and put to judicial trial but none was ever punished. Now the army soldiers like to avenge the deaths of their colleagues by killing arrested terrorists. If these soldiers are given an assurance of justice, they may stop committing extra judicial killings.

• @Farooqui Saab

I am fine with extra judicial kiilings. It's better option than the alternative - the terrorist rampage.

• Our society is transforming into a society like the American cowboy time society. The function of judiciary is almost to ground zero level. The courts of law are just the centers of bribery. The lawyers are just bribing agents of judges. Justice is simply sold. Pakistan is now a safe haven for terrorists. The terrorists here have no fear of being tried and punished in any system of justice.

• @Farooqui Saab

That's one rare post by you in ages where you don't blame US and ilk or perhaps you are just warming up.

-;)

• HF,

"Our society is transforming into a society like the American cowboy time society. The function of judiciary is almost to ground zero level. The courts of law are just the centers of bribery. The lawyers are just bribing agents of judges. Justice is simply sold. Pakistan is now a safe haven for terrorists. The terrorists here have no fear of being tried and punished in any system of justice."

Had I written this paragraph, I would have been declared as

ANTI PAKISTAN, ANTI ISLAM, INDIAN AGENT AND MHA KORHI.

عقل جب بیدار ہو گی علم ہو جائے گا عام

ہر شخص وہی لکھے گا جو شیخ نے لکھا

• A poetic Tripe!!

• Jaidi

You can criticize the malfunction. In such a case I shall always be with you. Don't attack our national and religious ideologies. I shall highly appreciate if you criticize the malfunctions rather than the ideologies.

• Mr. Shirazi

US is responsible for most of our miseries not all. Hereupon, I partially agree with you.

• Is Judiciary responsible for not executing death sentences, which have taken due process and even black warrants were issued?

No! It is the greed and fear of the government to deliver justice. They are afraid of losing trade status of EU and other western countries and they fear of attack on their family members.

In Pakistan, peace will never happen unless all pillars of government give 100% effort to deliver justice.

• Posts, Issues and suggestion in this thread contributed by different bloggers, remind me of poetry

کیسے کیسے، ایسے ویسے ہو گئے

ایسے ویسے، کیسے کیسے ہو گئے

• Siphai Sb

"No! It is the greed and fear of the government to deliver justice. They are afraid of losing trade status of EU and other western countries and they fear of attack on their family members. "

There was a similar situation about a century back in Italy. The writ of the govt. and dispensation of justice had ceased. The Mafias then took up the system in their hands.

• The lawyers' movement headed by Iftikhar Chaudhry raised the public hopes about an honest and strong judiciary. The lawyers' movement turned up to be a very big scam.

• @ HF,

"Don't attack our national and religious ideologies."

A corrupted form of these Ideologies is the root cause of turmoil in Pakistan, since 1947.

A patient cannot be cured without attacking the fatal virus at his/her body.

• Jaidi

You are absolutely wrong in your assessment. What does our toothless judiciary have to do with our ideologies. Our ideologies do not make these judges toothless. It is their timidity and moral bankruptcy which make them toothless.

• "Jaidi

You are absolutely wrong in your assessment"

How dare you say that HF? Jaidi is an internet scholar and philosopher. How can he be wrong?

He is absolute......though!!!

• Anjaan Bhai

How high he is in status that is undoubted. Despite his high status I consider him as my Yaar.