Altaf Hussain asks supporters to pray for London police station visit

• KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain has asked supporters to pray for him, as he visits a central London police station on Tuesday in relation to the London Metropolitan Police's money laundering case against him.

Addressing party workers and activists gathered at Azizabad's Jinnah Ground in Karachi, Altaf Hussain said that one has to undergo tests in a political struggle.

Bail granted to the MQM supremo in the case is set to expire on Tuesday.

In July 2013, the London Metropolitan Police had confirmed that investigations against Hussain had been initiated on charges of money laundering and incitement to violence.

The Metropolitan Police had also confirmed that ‘a considerable amount of money’ had been found during raids on Hussain’s residence and office in London.

A statement had said that the cash was found when a counter-terrorism unit of police raided Hussain’s office on Dec 6, 2012 under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act in connection with the investigation of Dr Imran Farooq murder case.

In 2010, Imran Farooq, one of MQM’s founding members and a confidant of Hussain, was murdered in London.

The MQM chief's visit to the police station coincides with the presentation of a primary suspect in Dr Imran Farooq's murder case in a Karachi court, as per an announcement made by Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Monday.

MQM's senior London-based leader Mohammad Anwar, was also arrested on April 1 by London Metropolitan Police in connection to the money laundering case. He was released on bail after ten hours of custody,

Anwar's arrest had come three weeks after a raid on the MQM's Nine-Zero headquarters in Karachi.

The MQM chief was earlier arrested on June 3, 2014, on suspicion of money-laundering prompting thousands of people in his home city of Karachi to stage a sit-in calling for his release.

He was, then, shifted to the Wellington Hospital over concerns to his health and underwent angiography and other tests. Having been discharged from the hospital, Hussain was taken to the Southwark police station where he was questioned for nine hours.

He was released on bail four days after his arrest.

The bail was extended twice, first in July 2014 and then on December 3, 2014.

Living in self-exile for over two decades, Hussain gained British citizenship in 2002 after leaving Pakistan in the early 1990s when a military operation was launched to end ethnic unrest in Karachi.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1175773/altaf-hussain-asks-supporters-to-pray-for-london-police-station-visit

• @Gulraiz bhai, GP bhai aur exPakistani bhai

Let's split the work load:

1. Recite Soorah e Yasin 41 times

2. Ayat e Karima 125,000 times (Most relevant)

لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَـنَكَ إِنِّى كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّـلِمِينَ**

There are none worthy of worship besides You. Glorified are You. Surely I am from the wrongdoers.” (21:87)

3. Recite 1200 times (Guaranteed bail)

27:62 - Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Little do you remember.

We the Atheists of the forum will recite 2100 times

جنتا جلال تو ائی بلا کو ٹال تو

If God forbid bail is denied to bhai it will be unbearable loss for the Tahreek.

-;)

• @Shirazi Bhai,

Can you give translation of aetheist chant?

I can share with some of my friends who don't know urdu.

• شیرازی صاحب ...زبردست اور موقع محل کی مناسبت سے ...واہ واہ

ہاہاہاہاہا

• اب یہ دور بھی دیکھناتھاکہ شیرازی جی بھی چلڑ شاہ بن جائینگے، اور الطاف دشمنی میں قرانی آیات کا درس دینگے

شیرازی جی میراتو مشورہ ہے کہ اپنی خواہشات کو پورا کرنے کے لئیے آپ بھی اماواس کی رات کسی قبرستان میں جاکر پرانی ٹوٹی قبر میں ننگے ہوکر الٹے کھڑے ہوجائیں اور ٹانگوں کے بیچ میں کنواری الو کو بٹھالیں اور پھر دیکھیں اندہیرے میں کیانظر آتاہے

• کچھ مہاجر لوگوں کو ںجایز زندان میں بند کر کے ہمارے خلاف گھیرا تنگ کیا رہا ہے. لیکن، خدارا تحریک کا ان لوگوں سے کوئی تعلق نہیں

• Altaf Bhai should be happy that he lives in land of Justice away from land of tyranny and oppression. He is asking for prayer that justice is swift and for all equally.

• الطاف بھائی پر اس وقت نزع کا عالم ہے۔

اب تو نا کوئی دعا کام آسکتی ہے اور نا ہی دوا۔

• British have chosen another horse in IK and more so in Gen Mush and Miza Aslam Beg are in the line up.

• Altaf asked his workers to pray for him, pray for what and for whom a criminal

• @Shirazi

Peer Sahib Allah waley log hain bail ho jaini hey en ki,

Ager koi bura waqat aya, to Altaf Bhai ka hum shakal admi

Geeb se jail main jaey ga.

You know how Allah save things for "Allahwaley log"

• @exPakistani bhai

Thank You for reassurance that things will be fine. Last night I got tied with Game of Thrones season opener DVR recording and missed my wazefa. But I hope you and millions more didn't. I will keep my fingers crossed until bhai comes out of police station. Next few hours are critical. BTW Bhai is looking good and safe in suit and dexterous company of Barrister Saif.

• lagta hey suit ke ander dhons dia hey bhai ko Zalimon ney

Phen to lia hey but ab utrey ga kesey??

• @exPakistani bhai

Thank You for reassurance that things will be fine. Last night I got tied with Game of Thrones season opener DVR recording and missed my wazefa. But I hope you and millions more didn't. I will keep my fingers crossed until bhai comes out of police station. Next few hours are critical.

@Shirazi sahib

What's the correlation between Altaf bhai situation and the Game of Thrones? The author of Game of Thrones is famous for killing one or more main characters at the end of every season. I hope you don't have any ill will towards Altaf bhai.

;-)

• Altaf Hussain's bail has been extended.

• Congratulation! Thanks all for the prayers and mantrs.

• @Qarar Saab

Altaf bhai is not a seasonal Politician like Dr. Tahir ul Qadri. He will be here until at least 2025 - another 10 years. Scotland yard is trying to follow Game of Thrones author but we hope with timely prayers crisis could be averted else bhai will be leading the Tahreek from the walls of the prision.

• Arey hum ney batya tha na ke bail ho jaey gi.... Allah Apney Pasendey bando ko Zayda Zalil nhi kerta...