Ten of the coolest manual transmission cars
amber-singleton last edited by
Do you consider yourself a car enthusiast? If so, chances are you love the feel of a manual transmission. There’s something romantic about going for a drive and having one hand resting on the stick, manually switching gears when you need to. These days, finding a stick shift is getting harder and harder. More and more people are opting for automatic transmissions so they don’t have to worry about the clutch or the stick shift. However, there are still some cool cars out there that have a manual transmission option. Here’s a look at ten of them.
1. Chevrolet Corvette Z06. At $79,000 the Z06 Corvette is an excellent mid-life crisis vehicle for the car enthusiast. There’s a seven-speed manual transmission model that boasts 650 horsepower.
2. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. At 707 horsepower, this is the most powerful car on the list. If you’re looking for good gas mileage, however, don’t get this one.
3. Ford Focus ST. At $24,370 the Ford Focus ST is a more affordable manual transmission. It gets 32 mpg on the freeway and is an all-around fun car to drive.
4. Honda Civic Si. This four cylinder engine is capable of 205 horsepower though you’ll really have to step on it. Thanks to its manual transmission it’s still fun to drive though it’s not the fastest car on this list.
5. Jeep Wrangler. If you’re looking for an off-road SUV with a manual transmission, look no further. This one comes with a six-speed transmission, a 285 horsepower engine, and four-wheel drive.
6. Mazda MX-5 Miata. It doesn’t get much more fun than this. Not only does it have a manual transmission but it’s a convertible. It’s the perfect car for an enjoyable Sunday drive.
7. Porsche Cayman GTS. If you’ve got $75,000 you can afford to part with, the Cayman GTS is a very fun car to drive. It’s one of the few Porsches you can buy these days that has a manual transmission.
8. Scion FR-S. The Scion FR-S is a good mixture of affordability, fuel efficiency, and fun. It’s a 2-door sport coupe that comes standard with a six-speed transmission.
9. Subaru WRX STI. The STI version has a 305 horsepower turbocharged engine and all-wheel drive. Combine all that with a manual transmission and you’ve got a fun ride.
10. Volkswagen GTI. Like all the other cars on this list, it has a manual transmission. The GTI might be the coolest hatchback money can buy If you’re like most car enthusiasts. You’re going to be tempted to push your manual transmission to the limit so make sure you’ve got high quality insurance for your new car. Call (855) 724-7965 for a quote.
Auto news brought to you by directinsurance.agency