My visit to Israel shall mark new age of peace & fraternity: Prince Talal KSA

• The Saudi multi-millionaire media tycoon, prince Talal Bin Waleed, has urged all Arab nations to give up their acrimonious stance toward the Jewish nation and instead continue to strive for a more peaceful , prosperous and homogenous Middle-East.

The controversial Saudi prince Talal has openly declared his intention to embark a seven-day pilgrimage to Holy Land and pray in Al-Aqsa Mosque -- the third holiest site in Islam located in the Old City of Jerusalem-- , reported Okaz , the Arabic Saudi Arabian daily on Thursday.

"All my Muslim brothers and sisters must understand that it became a moral imperative for all inhabitants of war-torn Middle-East, namely Arabs, to desist their absurd hostility toward Jewish people. My sovereign, King Salman has instructed me to open a direct dialogue with Israel's intellectual building amicable ties with our Israeli neighbors," Okaz quoted the Saudi prince who lives in one of London's affluent suburbs.

I was always candid regarding the utmost necessity of quelling the growing waves of anti-Semitism in our volatile region , added Prince Talal, and I shall remain lavish in my praise to Israel as the sole democratic entity in one the most tyrannical parts in the entire world.

Saying that his voyage might be the harbinger of peace and fraternity, the Saudi Prince emphasized on developing the nascent military and intelligence co-operation with Tel Aviv.

http://www.awdnews.com/political/prince-talal-of-saudi-arabia-my-visit-to-israel-shall-mark-the-new-age-of-peace-and-fraternity

• Has there ever been a war between KSA and Israel?

Both of them are of same kind of arrogant governments and serve interests of the other!

• Curiousity saheb: I agree with you that Saudi Arabia had and has never been hornlocked with Israel. But, you are forgetting the basic or first rule of international relations viz. "the enemy of our enemy is our friend". Saudi Arabia has been tasting the bitter cake constantly being gifted by our shiite brothers whether it is Bahrain, its own eastern belt of Al Khoober, Al Safwa, Dammam etc. etc. and last but not the least the Yemen Houthies. For all these blood y problems, SA holds Iran responsible. And there are evidences unearthed by SA intelligence that Iran is not only supplying arms and ammunition but also providing sophisticated guerilla warfare training to these fighting forces against SA. On the other hand, Israel is all time alert and ready not against Egypt, not against Syria and not against Iraq, but entirely against Iran. For Israel, Iran backed Hizbullah is more dangerous than Hammas. So, Saudi Arabia and Israel have common enemy in the entity of Iran - nothing so strange. We are passing through 21st century and rules of the game is totally different now. There is no place of moral bhashans in the book of international relations.

• Incurable Phobia of some!

• @Imtiaz Jee,

"Saudi Arabia has been tasting the bitter cake "

You are very well versed with history, specially recent history.

Do you recall, when Saddam attacked Iran without any provocation in the fall of 1980. That was the start. That war was funded and supported by KSA and its gulf partners to counter philosophical edge that Iran gained with Muslims after the revolution in the spring of 1979. KSA and its leadership didn't and doesn't have a philosophy that is attractive to main stream Muslims and thus they started proxy war via Saddam to keep Iran tied down.

Saddam after losing to Iran, made move against Kuwait, his own partner against Iran. As we all know, within 13 years Saddam Iraq is gone and this has created more problem for KSA. Now KSA has created many groups to propagate its brand of Islam and to use all means to protect its interests. It still a war of two philosophies and final result is still to be determined.

• Curiousity saheb: I do not disagree with the historical facts put down in your write. But that was then and this is now. In International relations there is no permanent friend and no constant foe. As the scenario changes, so changes the relationship. That is why I wrote "there is no place of moral bhashans in internation relations".

• "there is no place of moral bhashans in internation relations".

Agreed but then some people have a phobia of giving Bhashans!!

• I fully agree with Imtiaz Ahmed Saab, this move by Saudis is to counter Iran more than anything else.

• "In International relations there is no permanent friend and no constant foe. "

Every country has redlines by which they do have constant friends and permanent foes. Those red lines tend to stay for long times, unless a major/drastic change occurs in one of the two countries in question.

You can test this theory over last 70 years on countries and you will find it to be true for most cases.

Then there are relationships, just like tissue paper - use it and throw it away.

• What are the reclines that U.S. Can't cross? What are Pakistans redlines? I think the lines in international diplomacy are drawn in sand. No permanent friends or foes

• Pakistan Redlines -

Examples :

Foe - India, Israel and Aghanistan to certain extent

Friend - China and KSA

USA Redlines -

Examples -

Foe - USSR / Russia, Cuba, Iran

Friend - Israel, Canada, Britain.

As I said, these red lines tend to stay for long times, unless a major/drastic change occurs in one of the two countries in question.

• @Curiosity bhai

I don't think any of the redlines you mentioned are permanent, they are all fluid. It's the interest that's binding them or conflicts that separating them. They can change only interests are permanent converging interests pull them closer diverging interests push them apart.

It's good to see Saudis and Israelis finding a common ground but as supporter of theocratic state of Iran I can understand why this latest move by KSA irks you.

• Seems to be the work of a rumor mill.

Not seen this story anywhere in the mainstream media so far.

Pappu Shirazi bin Shalom is working overtime to please his masters.

• "It's good to see Saudis and Israelis finding a common ground but as supporter of theocratic state of Iran I can understand why this latest move by KSA irks you."

Irks me?

Actually, when things come out in open it is great!

• Curiousity saheb; You are seconding me by describing facts but declining the bitter rule of International relations I mentioned.

SA and Iraq were friends when Iraq was at war with Iran. The same SA hired USA forces to crush Iraq. In Shah period Iran was closer to USA than SA - no more after Ayatullah Roohullah Khomeini's revolutiion. What do these histtorical fact suggest? Nothing but what I have said.

Examples are more efficacious than rules. Since you have yourself put forth historical examples, I have nothing to add but thank you.

• @Imtiaz Jee

There is nuance between our views.

I distinguish between two types of relationships amongst countries.

1. Every country has redlines by which they do have constant friends and permanent foes. Those red lines tend to stay for long times, unless a major/drastic change occurs in one of the two countries in question.

2. Then there are relationships, just like tissue paper - use it and throw it away. This is the type you are emphasizing. The one like between USA and Pakistan. Short duration. Change with wind rather than any drastic change.

• @Curiosity bhai

Every country has redlines by which they do have constant friends and permanent foes. Those red lines tend to stay for long times, unless a major/drastic change occurs in one of the two countries in question.

You have changed the very definition of RED LINE . Red line is a line that can not be crossed, if for whatever reason you can cross it, it is not red anymore, it's orange or green or whatever color you want but it's not red.

It takes generations to overcome complex issues and as time goes by redlines fade. I don't see anything wrong with Saudis and Israel getting closer. Didn't Egypt do the same? How about Iran and US? What happened to red lines between them? If those lines can fade why can't between KSA and Israel?

• "You have changed the very definition of RED LINE ."

No I have not!

There doesn't exist any RedLine, even in religious books, which doesn't have an exception or a rule to remove it.

Please look at the exception of drastic change in one of the either party for relationship between two countries to remove redline. But these relationship are not drawn on sand or like tissue papers discarded with slightest of change.

As far as KSA and Israel, it will become obvious that the line drawn by KSA that Palestinian state should be formed prior to removal of that line, wasn't really a redline.

Lines USA with Iran, USA with Cuba and USA with Israel are Red. They are not drawn on sand that they will change without drastic change from the other party.

• Curiousity saheb: You can continue with your attitude of "main na maanoon" but my rules and you yourself providing historical events which have cemented my rules has ocurred. It is not me or you to decide who is heavy, it is the readers that are reading the exchange of view points between us.

About exceptionality, this exists even in physics and chemistry but that doesn't dis-generalize the formulae, they still rule.

Red line is a very vast subject. A "friendship" between the two countries is just an agreement of cooperation on the matters and affairs well defined. Deviating of the terms agreed upon is called crossing the red line. A brotherly advice - please study some good books on international relations; to name one - Henry Kissinger's Diplomacy.

• Everyone has a right to put forward his/ her point of view, but no one has a right to make personal attacks.

Thank you.